1000 rp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GHETTO PUSSI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

You guys just gotta calm your ****

EvilBread121

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Saintsalacious

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJustGotLearned View Post
Lets break this down into basic intelligence. You are saying right now that your aim is to make some people happy, and as your are a business you make money by doing so. For what reason would you make "less than 0.5%" of your community happy if it meant pissing off somewhere around 90% (just a guess) It makes no sense at all and totally lacks any sort of logic or intelligence. Of that 0.5% 0.2%-0.3% would have been unhappy with equal compensation. Your other 90% is now extra pissed because you gave the 0.5% something they did not have. This stupidity just stumps me. I can't see why the **** this was handled like this. I'm sure you can see these numbers and not even need to use your fingers to see why this was dumb
They were over compensated while everyone else was under compensated.

FrankyCentaur

06-26-2012

Bumppppppp

Judgeshowtunes

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.
Just seems a little heavily tilted to one side. I mean, yeah, everyone got a 10 win IP boost, which is nice. But some people got a free standard skin or champion of their choice. The only difference between those people was, an incredibly small segment of them lost some stuff for a few days. A few days many of them couldn't play anyways, because of the servers.

Just seems like everyone has had major, massive problems with playing the game, and got a very small compensation for it (which is fine, whatever). But then, a very small amount of people had another problem, during the same huge problem, so it probably overlapped in many ways, and they got a major, massive compensation. Just doesn't seem fair. If that's fair, rip my runes and champs off for 3-4 days please, I'll gladly trade that for 1000 RP.

Servantofthe99

06-26-2012

the thing is that for the past few weeks now...many people haven't even been able to log in, let alone lose content. so, in effect, many of the people had it even worse than those who temporarily lost content (they kinda lost the game). everybody got the ip boosts yes. however, some got the 1000rp; others whom were unable to play at all got nothing. the time during the 2 or so day content loss was during the time where most poeple couldn't play anyways due to the server problems and massively long log in times. would be too hard to give 1000rp to everyone?

what 1000rp means.

quite a bit of champ purchases especially during sales. equivalent to 14,000ip or something.
being able to buy pulsfire ezreal for 650rp
buying quite a bit of skins especially during the sales
any combination of these

all this for a few days of just content loss during a time period where many people couldn't even play.

EvilBread121

06-26-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2288122 <-----all read this

Judas Nevermore

06-26-2012

Whatever happened to the logic of: What happens to someone else is not my business?

Okay, some other people got 1000 RP - Did that 1000 RP get taken from you and given to someone else? No. So why do you care? There are people in the world who get welfare that don't deserve it, but I don't see you protesting the government saying you're not going to pay your taxes.

Farkasislame

06-26-2012

103?

Nope..nevermind.

Shining Gold

06-26-2012

Why would you not give 99.5% of the people "BETTER" compensation you gave us 10-ip boost, give us something better. its not really taht fair for us because you guys FAILED to make this patch stable. The thing i dont understand is why just give us 10 ip boosts why dont you atleast give us like 30-ip boosts 10 is just too little, or even some of the people that have al lthe champions and all the runes what would you say to them so they dont get anything from this compensation.

My point is that you messed up hard but we got so little back from it. The servers were down for about a week and we got nothing.