Help A Relatively New Player Buy A Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RayDrazon

06-26-2012

At the moment, I have enough IP to buy a 1350 champion.

I'm currently thinking of choosing between these four champions:

Alistar, Warwick, Malphite, and Ammumu.

Any recommendations on which I should choose and which I should avoid? Please explain also.

If none of the above are good, please suggest another one.

Dravenitis

06-26-2012

I'd say Malphite out of those 4.

(By the way, you can get Alistar and one of his skins for free, similar to Tristana.)

WetCardboard

06-26-2012

I wouldn't worry about which champs are and aren't "good" if you like a champion, you can make them work. That said, what types of things do you think you want to do in a game?

Out of the champs you mentioned Warwick is the most offensive, Alistar is a good supporting guy, and Malph and Ammumu are both strong tanks.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Oddly enough, all three are pretty powerful in their own right. Alistar is a pretty common ban in all elo not because of his damage, but because of his CC. AoE knock up then knock back, but after that combo, he doesn't do much else until his CDs are back up, but still a powerful little combo he has.

Warwick is lucky enough to be a champion that has amazing built in sustain and doesn't have to build much else then a Wit's End to do high amounts of damage, however, his sustain comes at the cost of pushing and he doesn't get any CC until level six so that means his ganks are subpar until then and his farming top is as well, but his sustain makes up for it.

Malphite is another good pick, he works well top to be an anti carry to the brusiers, he can mid sometimes against certain AP, especially the ones without sustain, or jungle do to his AoE. He is a common pick in mid to high elo games and tournaments as well simply because of the amount of CC he can offer and how heavily he screws up opponent AD carries and bruisers but his lack of sustain, his weird combination of ratios from armor, to flat, to AP and all back and forth, and lack of end game damage puts him down just a bit, but not enough to not still be a good pick.

Vuther

06-26-2012

Have you ever heard of jungling? All of those 4 champions can do that.

RayDrazon

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Oddly enough, all three are pretty powerful in their own right. Alistar is a pretty common ban in all elo not because of his damage, but because of his CC. AoE knock up then knock back, but after that combo, he doesn't do much else until his CDs are back up, but still a powerful little combo he has.

Warwick is lucky enough to be a champion that has amazing built in sustain and doesn't have to build much else then a Wit's End to do high amounts of damage, however, his sustain comes at the cost of pushing and he doesn't get any CC until level six so that means his ganks are subpar until then and his farming top is as well, but his sustain makes up for it.

Malphite is another good pick, he works well top to be an anti carry to the brusiers, he can mid sometimes against certain AP, especially the ones without sustain, or jungle do to his AoE. He is a common pick in mid to high elo games and tournaments as well simply because of the amount of CC he can offer and how heavily he screws up opponent AD carries and bruisers but his lack of sustain, his weird combination of ratios from armor, to flat, to AP and all back and forth, and lack of end game damage puts him down just a bit, but not enough to not still be a good pick.
Any thoughts on Amumu?

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRayDrazonx View Post
Any thoughts on Amumu?
Amumu is amazing, but sadly he is mainly a jungler and can't lane very well. He is stupidly reliant on blue buff HOWEVER, his AP ratios are pretty high which allows him to build tank but with the amount of AoE and CC he has, he can also afford to build AP with amazing burst damage. In lane, there are a few people he can beat like Nautilus, Blitzcrank, and Rammus, but you will rarely EVER see them in solo lane, so he is normally forced to the jungle, but once again, whether building him tank or AP he is very viable either way.

Dravenitis

06-26-2012

By the way, If you want to do that free Alistar thing I mentioned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...hained-alistar

Right there, Tristana/Riot Girl Tristana you can get by merely liking Riot on facebook with the email address linked to your account.

MaroBaro

06-26-2012

It is a tough choice dude... Maphite can seemingly pay the most roles very good tought. He can top and jungle and so so support. Ive also seen people take him mid... altough I think it is stupid since he goes for armor resist and not magic resist.