Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoreMedz

06-26-2012

The fundamental problem is simple as many people have already pointed out: Riot does not have server for all regions of the world. This is a commercial decision on the company's part, and you cannot really blame them for doing this.

The practical consequence is that people vent their frustration on a certain racial group that they perceive to be the cause of their bad experiences with games, because they have had some bad games with people who they believe belong to that particular race group. This is racism based on ignorance and intolerance, and most importantly, it does not help, at all.

And it's a slippery slope, once people start going down that path. For example, look at the recent conflict between Chinese and Korean Diablo 3 players. Let's not end up there.

menbungWW

06-26-2012

Why cant riot make a server for Brazil. It will solve the problem

Larysia

06-27-2012

Oh QQ. I'm female, new, and pretty crappy at this game, and I can't begin to count on my fingers and toes combined how many times I've been yelled at, name called, ect..just because people didn't like certain ways I've played. Grow up, learn to ignore it, and quit playing the race card. If I felt the need to sit there and constantly defend myself during a game just because someone called me a 'bro' or less than stellar names, I'd be wasting more time typing than playing. I have some extra tissues too that my kids have left over...

nEoTeRoRizeR

06-27-2012

yeah i know. i been like this before. americans can just be *******s sometimes. (no offense to non-******* americans). riot should make a spanish server like all the other servers.

c00lb12ns

06-27-2012

wonder how difficult it would be to incorperate a translator into the game... just saying it would break the language barrier. dunno

MoreMedz

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00lb12ns View Post
wonder how difficult it would be to incorperate a translator into the game... just saying it would break the language barrier. dunno
Given the quality of web translator these days, I say it would probably start more problems. It would be absolutely hilarious.

Imagine...

"Why did our bot lane just ask for coffee beans?"

Zaztheon

06-27-2012

some how i owned them back... hahha
when they start to say random race on me like
randomtroll "i think jew"
me " urm your mom is ?"
randomtroll " no i mean you "
me " oh ok so?"
randomtroll " you are jew/blackpeople blah blah"
me " since when ? "
randomtroll "*start trash talking*"
me " urm grow some brain in your thick skull then we talk ok ? "
randomtroll "*mad* racist moar"
me " urm hi monkey ape you still in your basement ? get out side and see the world ok? "
randomtroll *start feeding*
me " where's your troll ego now huh ?"
randomtroll " start insulting my mom (an old retarded joke) "
me " I bet you ugly right ? i guess v***g*n too i guess "
randomtroll *mad* stop feeding and whine lil bit and disconnected

anderloy

06-27-2012

most of the time the majority of the people in game speak english and people who speak other languages refuse to speak in english or to cooperate. I'm from mexico and yet I speak english and spanish. I just deal with the racism but if you flat out refuse to speak in english in a NA server then people will screw your **** up lol

UpgradeGaming

06-27-2012

i have a simple solution to all this when in que i ask everyone to speak if one of them speaks in another language i dodge simple as that

TheStandalone

06-27-2012

sorry to respond with this but : I'm a french canadian , My first language is French and When I play with my friend even if he's french canadian too , I try hard to speak in english so my other teammates can UNDERSTAND me and play as a team. It would be very frustrating for them if My friend and I would speak in our language only and don't even give a ''F'' about them. We play on North America Servers and the main language is English and i totally agree to speak it for the benefit of all. On the other hand , pure racism is a thing that should not exist in this game, If you make effort to include some english in your gameplay and they still harass you , report , that's my only advise.