Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMajestics

11-02-2012

I think LoL is just a game. There is NO POINT in being racist to another player.
Most players play just for fun (like me), but some disgusting players ruin the game with their comments.
I have suffered racist harassment from both English, Spanish and Portuguese speakers. I am from Argentina but I speak English as well ( I always speak English in NA server) so I get what they are saying.
You don't get a thing from being racist, u only make your country-mates look bad.
There is a lot of good and friendly players in this game that do not deserve to be point out as a racist due to some ****** bags .

If i see someone being racist plz report him/her. We have to defend our community from this players, otherwise our game will be ruined.

UmarothTheKeeper

11-02-2012

That's horrrible oh my gosh i wish they hadn't done that! thats just too bad

JupiteI

11-02-2012

For those who doesn't know what ''Guero'' is, it means ''blonde'' in spanish. It is not an offense.

TheMajestics

11-02-2012

A word does not have to have a bad meaning in order to be racist. Its the way that you are using it what makes it racist. E.G.: mexican, brazilian, american, argentinian are just words that let us all know from which country does a person come from, but some people use it to insult and that when it become racist.

WollierCarrot

11-02-2012

I propose a language filter for matchmaking. Not condoning racism, but its frustrating when playing with people who don't speak the same language as you.

That PvZ Guy

11-10-2012

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this but that's just how the world works. There's always gonna be that guy no matter what game you're playing that's gonna be just awful. I'm sure Riot will address this issue in the future but for the time being you just gotta try to ignore it. Keep your head up!

Seldaan

03-21-2013

The problem is that as soon as they see that you are from another country they report you, even if they have no reason to do so, and you get banned even if you are only defending yourself, and riot do nothing and allow the ban for you, I think someone should supervise if the ban is justified, because it seems Riot is no capable of doing so

Skrubs

03-21-2013

One of the great things about playing games online is meeting people from all over the world. I cannot tolerate racism, it is the epitome of ignorance.

That said, there should be very serious consideration to language specific servers. People need to be able to communicate easily with one another in order to play efficiently. The ping system is really cool in that it helps, but not everyone is willing or is able to use it effectively.

The truth is that worthless people come in all colors and speak all languages. There are some people who do not speak English who troll just as hard and the English speakers. Sometimes even more so, because they feel they have the veil of the language barrier. Although I like to meet new people, I also feel like playing with people with whom I cannot communicate is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game.

King Of Suede

03-21-2013

Flame me or hate me, but I've played online games all across the spectrum for 8 years and the vast majority of BR players either hack or are very bad at the game. That's my only complaint.

Its alright though because people from Quebec tend to be just as bad.

Axiom Prime

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
How to run a welcoming community - do not tolerate people who hurl insults.

How to fix the language barrier, move all BR IP's to the BR server whether they want to or not and close any non BR server account creation from BR. Likewise, make a Spanish speaking server based somewhere in Central America and do the same.

Even French Canadians can speak decent english.