Smurf's are taking over?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMLGxEmber

06-25-2012

Anyone else new to the game running into lots and lots of "smurf" accounts? I've played against so many of them and its ruining my gameplay. Yes, im not what you would call a "good player", but i think i deserve atleast a fighting chance.If you are going through a similiar problem please post a response and let me know i fu have any suggestions to how i could play the game and actually have fun. because joining a game and getting slammed for 30 minutes because i dont like surrendering is starting to make me not want to play anymore.
Also does playing coop vs ai make me an even worse player?

Shottymaster

06-25-2012

Co-op vs. AI only teaches you so much. It teaches you how to play against the bots, but not real players.

As for not getting trashed by smurfs, try playing with some friends that really know what they're doing so they can help you out, rather than dealing with the horrible lottery known as solo queue.

DarknessCalls1

06-25-2012

Once you hit level ten and above you'll start to get away from the smurfs. People smurf for three reasons:
1. They're bad and sick of losing so they play against people who've just started to make themselves feel better.
2. They're trying to cheat the recommend a friend system for the benefits of getting other people to play League. They start accounts themselves and just play to level ten. That's why you'll start to see less smurfing around ten.
3. They're ****ing around/drunk/playing with low level friends and just don't care so they play on a smurf account so as not to screw up their record (not that people actually CARE about your record but whatever).

Once you hit Ten you'll run into smurfs less often. If you want you can send me a request and we can play until you're a higher level. I'll pull in better people since I'm 30 but it'll even us out to 20s and such. My summoner name is the same as my name here. Don't be discouraged, there's a decent learning curve but once you start to understand the game (and stop playing 30s) it gets a lot better.

EDIT - Co-op is alright but the bots are easy to trick and they don't act like real people. If you play too much co-op you'll learn bad strategies and you'll make mistakes down the road. Use bot games for figuring out builds or practicing jungling but play real games for when you want to know how to really play since co-op is very different from PvP.

xMLGxEmber

06-25-2012

Thanks for the feedback will try out these informative suggestions .

SoundwaveXXX

06-25-2012

Playing as a smurf is not that bad of a thing as people make of it. In the beginning maybe it is, but after a few games you only get matched up against other smurfs or really good players.

Glebov

06-25-2012

smurfs were not a problem for me when i was new, just don't let them get to you, and if you want, you might want to have a higher level friend of yours lane with you on a smurf of their own, just to help u till level 10, where smurfing dies out

Seananners

06-25-2012

The only reason I play smurf is because I was banned.

Am I a **** to new players? No. Do I get angry at new players instead of helping them? No.

The people who disgust me are the ones who literally try to bring up all these terms like "last hitting" "baron buff" "jungle timing"

Those kids just suck and you can tell they are insecure so they have to make smurf accounts to play better. What's worse is that they can't last hit, they don't know jungle times, they don't know team fighting, positioning and it drives me insane when they yell at new players.

If you're going to play a smurf, be nice to new players or they'll never learn or end up quitting. Normal games don't mean anything but IP to experienced players.

WatDaWat

06-25-2012

Learn from better players. I used to think I was the big cheese LeBlanc till i faced a smurf LB in midlane.
I took tips from their play and now I'm 10x better than I was.

MoreMedz

06-25-2012

Smurfing is unfair, but in the long term I think it benefits the new players more than those players who smurf. Learning with deal with advanced tactics early has advantages, since sooner or later people will have to deal with them anyway. You also learn to deal with /report and /ignore early.

It does increase the barrier to entry for League of Legends, but this is a competitive game. People always have that option to play custom games until Riot puts in a casual server, where you can never get IP, ranks, runes and masteries.

Zerg6pool

06-26-2012

i only made an EU smurf because i was tired of the 1 hour login queues in NA