New Player Needs To Find His Champions :]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vlyse

06-24-2012

Hello, I'm a longtime Dota player and I've played HoN a bit and I'm just now making the transition to League of Legends.

I've found that I like Gangplank and Fiora the most with their chase-style gameplay, and I'm wondering if there is a list of chasers somewhere? Or if not, does anyone have suggestions as to similar heroes like the aforementioned two?

Feedbro

06-25-2012

If you like straight up nukers ala Zeus in Dota....

Well Karthus has Zeus' ultimate. He's more about constant waves of magic damage though. Very fun to play.

But if you're talking huge burst magic damage I'd say the Kings of that are LeBlanc, Akali, Veigar, and Cassiopeia.

The thing about League that's very different from Dota is that you have a LOT more mana to work with. In Dota you can cast a single rank 1 ability at level 2 and be oom on some heroes. Whereas LoL champions not only have much larger mana pools and spammable-- albeit less effective-- abilities, they make up for it by being able to directly boost the damage of those spells with items, which of course you can't do in Dota.

Max rank Zeus Thunderbolt still makes me cry a little. But not as much as a LeBlanc with full build dropping dropping a Q+R on me.

Hell some AP champions like Akali and Kennen don't even use mana, they use energy. Rumble uses a heat mechanic, and Karthus regains mana every time he kills a creep like Lich-- only last hitting is much much easier in LOL.

My suggestion if you're new to the game is to just try out every AP champ on free rotation. If you've decided to drop cash on the game to buy champs then I would recommend LeBlanc as being most similar to Zeus or Lina. Brand as well, thinking of Lina.

Chasers? Never really heard of champions being classified that way, but I could see that being something a guy enjoys. I'd probably say Skarner, Tryndamere, Udyr, Sivir (passive gives movement speed on champion hit), Lee Sin, Ashe, and Darius are the ones that come immediately to mind.

Strill

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
Hello, I'm a longtime Dota player and I've played HoN a bit and I'm just now making the transition to League of Legends.

I've found that I like Gangplank and Fiora the most with their chase-style gameplay, and I'm wondering if there is a list of chasers somewhere? Or if not, does anyone have suggestions as to similar heroes like the aforementioned two?
Ahri can dash three times as her ultimate.

Irelia has a dash, a stun, and a ranged ultimate.

Pother

06-25-2012

Let it be known now, 9 times out of 10, you SHOULD NOT chase your enemy into an unwarded bush. Of course, everything is situation specific. Although in a situation where you do want to chase someone, champions like nocturne, singed, volibear, lee sin, and vayne are very fast characters with good gap closing abilities to compliment a chase. Oh, and malphite. After all, he is moving as fast as he can.

A note about gangplank, he is a very strong champion that has beastly sustain, harassment, and global presence, but he really isn't the most durable early/mid game. Rarely is it a good idea to chase someone by yourself with gangplank. If playing him, be very aware of the skirmishes your teammates get into, and try to assist accordingly with your ultimate. Eat orange, parrrley, win game

BloodySpearz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Warwick and Singed are both great chasers, and both bruisers like Fiora and GP. Once the enemy gets down to 50% HP, nobody, and I mean NOBODY can escape warwick with maxed E. Singed is just a fast ******* that chases well and can kite like nobody's business.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Kassadin is the best chaser and escape artist in the game, hands down. His ultimate is a short cooldown medium ranged blink that stacks mana cost and damage for every consecutive use over a short period.

Hieronymus Bosch

06-25-2012

Vayne could be considered a "chaser" due to her passive which gives her additional movement speed when walking towards an enemy champion.

Anyone with a gap closer can be considered one as well; graves, tristana, jax, riven, etc. Draven also. Ashe is also really good at it with her q.