The Chaos Theory (Semi-Open RP)

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Graveman

06-24-2012

((First RP that I'm going to attempt that involves an adventure for those who crave it. Updates to it won't be as frequent as Ask threads or some other RPs due to my college schedule, but I hope to not keep anyone waiting as it goes on.))

((Just post the profile of the character you wish to use, and I'll keep a list of who's involved. League champion RPers are welcome if your champion is allowed in Demacia. I'll be using my same character that I've used in various Ask threads, so any RP that happened there can carry over into this one.))

((Mortimer A. Locard: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1483))

The Chaos Theory

“Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts... perhaps the fear of a loss of power.” ― John Steinbeck

Eleven past noon, that's when it all happened.

A contingent of demacian guards arrived on scene to investigate the murder of Kurtan Bryce, a local shoemaker in the market district. Investigators were baffled at the sight of the victim, who had his right hand nailed to the wall by a dagger, his knees broken, and a leather bag strung over his head.

"Nothing of value was stolen, nor any property vandalized aside from the door. It seemed they only broke in with the intention of killing the man," said Lewis Horadin, one of the investigators that arrived after the crime incident. With the disturbing news of a criminal on the loose, wanted posters and warnings were spread across the city-state, urging citizens to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity. Officials are offering a sizable amount of coin for anyone willing to apprehend the suspect and bring it to justice, as is the way of Demacia.

While crime isn't as common in Demacia as it is in Noxus or Zaun, it still exists despite the nature of the city's harsh prejudice against it. Due to the severity of the crime, adventurers, bounty hunters, and even champions of the League with an experience at apprehending targets were encouraged to assist with the investigation.

Now, it has been two days since the tragic murder. With the shoemaker's store boarded up and abandoned, the residents of the market district had grown anxious, but continue to go about their business of mercantile and profit, buying and selling goods of various qualities and quantities. A couple of guards are posted near the abandoned shop to keep watch for any trouble, and to remind citizens to report suspicious activity.

AskMadmanMundo

06-24-2012

((**** Demacia.))

Jaykoboy

06-24-2012

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1101))

Ivan walked hurriedly down the streets of Demacia, heading towards the shoemaker's store. He'd heard that the man had been brutally murdered. Although physical weapons were not Nickolai's weapon of choice, it was still something he would probably do. It was deep at night, and the street was only relatively illuminated by the streetlights.

He finally came to the place where the shop was. There were two guards out front. He shuddered and backed out of the streetlights; things never went well when a Demacian guard saw him. They always assumed the worst. Ducking around the block, he crept into an adjacent alley to the shoe store. Leaning against the wall, his body turned into a violet outline for only a moment, and he melted through the wall, appearing on the other side as his normal self. He immediately began looking around silently, trying to find clues.

TheShadowOfChaos

06-24-2012

Phantom[http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1708] on one of his travels had encountered this scene. Coming towards one of the guards, He spoke only to be faced with drawn swords. A captain had come out to meet the boy.

"I am here to try to help you find the person responsible for this crime, this man made me my best shoes, such a pity for a great man like that to die."

The captain in his pride, gave him a nod and lead him to a briefing room

The Graveman

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1101))

Ivan walked hurriedly down the streets of Demacia, heading towards the shoemaker's store. He'd heard that the man had been brutally murdered. Although physical weapons were not Nickolai's weapon of choice, it was still something he would probably do. It was deep at night, and the street was only relatively illuminated by the streetlights.

He finally came to the place where the shop was. There were two guards out front. He shuddered and backed out of the streetlights; things never went well when a Demacian guard saw him. They always assumed the worst. Ducking around the block, he crept into an adjacent alley to the shoe store. Leaning against the wall, his body turned into a violet outline for only a moment, and he melted through the wall, appearing on the other side as his normal self. He immediately began looking around silently, trying to find clues.
The smell of leather emanated from the interior of the shop. Antlers decorated the walls of the store and hides of all sorts of animals were piled neatly to the side. The shoemaker's inventory (which of course, consisted of footwear) were displayed upon wooden stands in the middle of the building.

Everything seemed to have been left the way it was during the night of the murder. The bedroom was where the incident itself happened; the door was torn from its hinges and various furniture was broken. It seemed as if a struggle happened.

DigitallyFazed

06-24-2012

Core sat atop a building in silence, observing the shop of the now deceased show maker. He didn't trifle in human affairs often, but it did make good gossip. The yordle contemplated investigating, but that wasn't the line of work cut for a bandit. Though, he did know some rather shady individuals, and thought that maybe they'd know something. He shook his head. He wasn't a nark, and even if he did ask about what happened, the hounds of Demacia might suspect him of having something to do with it. "I think I'll just watch for now." He thought to himself, watching the guards survey the street.

Aya Shameimaruu

06-24-2012

Grey looked around at Demacia. This place reminded him of his home. But he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"This man made the best shoes around. I wonder what happened.."

The Graveman

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
Phantom[http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1708] on one of his travels had encountered this scene. Coming towards one of the guards, He spoke only to be faced with drawn swords. A captain had come out to meet the boy.

"I am here to try to help you find the person responsible for this crime, this man made me my best shoes, such a pity for a great man like that to die."

The captain in his pride, gave him a nod and lead him to a briefing room
The captain led Phantom to what seemed like a local bookstore. As the door opened the clerk welcomed Phantom with a smile, but immediately shot a serious look at the guard captain that walked in soon after. Without a word, he pointed to a backroom and placed a key on the counter. One of the guards retrieved the brass key and unlocked the door that led to the mysterious room. Various people were going about their business, while some where compiling and analyzing different items, presumably evidence from the crime scene.

Phantom was led towards a desk on the other side of the room, where an elderly man sat down on an antique wooden throne. He shot a glance up at the stranger who was accompanied by guards, and pushed his spectacles up from his nose.

"Ah, so you must be one of those adventurers willing to assist us? Good, good. Maybe I can find a use for you. As you can see, we're short on investigators who are capable of gathering clues on who the criminal could be."

The old man flipped through several pages of an open book that was laid bare before him. "Some of my colleagues say that just before the shoemaker's store closed the night he was killed, a robed man walked out of it carrying what seems to be a bag of some sorts. A witness saw him enter a household, and locked the door as soon as he entered. His windows seem to always be closed almost everyday, and many of his neighbors rarely see him leave his home. Can you see if there's anything this man might know about the shoemaker?"

The old investigator took out a city map and dipped a quill in fresh ink. He wrote down notes on a certain location and circled a few more. "This here should help you on your search. I've marked down locations of the man's household and the neighbors that gave their witness reports to the Demacian garrison. May justice serve you on your quest."

Jaykoboy

06-25-2012

Ivan looked around the room, taking it all in. He couldn't see anything straight off the bat, but when he closed his eyes, the entire room became a violet outline on black, with any soul essences left over from the murder becoming a bright beacon to him.

The Graveman

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Ivan looked around the room, taking it all in. He couldn't see anything straight off the bat, but when he closed his eyes, the entire room became a violet outline on black, with any soul essences left over from the murder becoming a bright beacon to him.
It seems there was a trail of essence left from the victim's spot of death: It emerges from the bedroom heading all the way over to a sturdy doorway in a small hallway.

1234511 ... 13