In game "alt tabbing" bug?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PudgyPlatypus

06-24-2012

My brother has been playing for a while now on his Dell laptop. In about every game he plays, it seems as if the game "alt tabs" and just brings him to the desktop randomly. Happenes anywhere from 2-15 times a game. Does anyone have any ideas? Feel free to ask questions about the laptop or anything.

Thanks in advanced!

Tsugaga

06-24-2012

Pressing alt+tab minimizes LoL unless you have windowed mode turned off. If its turned off then when you press alt+tab the bar with currently open program will show. While in game he has to change this in the options.

PudgyPlatypus

06-24-2012

He doesn't press alt tab though. It just randomly takes him out of the game to the desktop as if he did click alt tab.

Tsugaga

06-24-2012

It could be due to multiple thing. Possibly a glitch that recently popped up along with all the other chaos, or its things running behind LoL. Updates and such can cause the game to minimize, and while LoL fills the whole screen, the most recently updated program takes priority. This means if vent updates with someone joining a chat room, a buddy logging into skype, or any other notification of some sort. Can't tell you how many times I died from my game minimizing due to one of these.

PudgyPlatypus

06-24-2012

Thats what we are researching right now. I guess it has to do something with the processor.

Tsugaga

06-24-2012

Oh, also something that might help is trying to make LoL take highest priority. ctrl+alt+delete. Open task manager > processes. Right click on LoLclient.exe > set priority > set to realtime or high.

DarkMooNz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

When i press ALT+TAB and i wanna return to the game i cant and i got bugsplat

ZehNetoBR

07-19-2012

Have this exact same problem. It started happening after last week's patch.

ZehNetoBR

07-20-2012

Bump, because this problem is relevant. If possible, please bump my thread as well, for the more attention we get for this matter, the merrier.

BlobPower

07-20-2012

Does it the same as "alt tab" or more "windows d"?