I played AP Warwick..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstorSapolsky

08-31-2010

AP Warwick is decent, yes, but he isn't the best. Just because you had a good experience with him doesn't mean he is amazing. You're being downvoted because you are using anecdotal evidence ("I had this number of kills while playing in this fashion") on what is largely considered to be a pretty useless build.
I'm not downvoting you, more power to you for trying to change the game up, but you'll need more experience with AP Warwick than from one good game before you can present him as effective.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Why are people -1ing me still?
Not a single person has given a valid reason...
Because no matter how fun it is for you, I don't ever want to group with you or someone who read this post and thought "hey there is a fun idea." People are sheep, and will do stuff like this, even in ranked/normal games. Normal games are not serious, but I don't want to be grouped with AD annie or AP warwick please.

ThuggleS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

I don't like getting Lich Bane first because you need a decent AP pool for it to do any real extra damage.

I prefer rushing an item that is primarily AP and finishing Lich Bane second.

Redoubts

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
Yes.
It's the same mechanism as with Parley and Mystic Shot.

You use the spell. it procs Lichbane, then Lichbanes damage is added onto your AD, that AD is added onto your ult.

I had around 300-400 AP. So when I ulted it would have done something like this;
400 (AP) + 100 (AD) = 500 attack damage
500 (AD) x 0.33 (Ult %) = 165 damage per swipe
165 (DPSwipe) x 6 (swipes) = 990 Overall ult damage

P.S. Why am I getting -1's?

No one has said anything negative about me...

**** trolls..
Assuming this is true, it sounds like a bug. My intuition says that sheen procs should deliver a buff that discharges on auto-attack. Furthermore, I don't recall seeing my bonus AD go up when it procs. Remember, ezreal was bugged regarding his q multiplier and sheen. This was fixed because it was "unintended damage". I am curious to test now.

Mhm916

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofoGaryOak View Post
This isn't going to be viable at all. I've only read the first post, but it seems that lichbane is a big need for this build, yes? Well, Triforce/Sheen/Lichbane are being nerfed next patch. Might need to find a different build.
What happens to it in exact?

I DIG SKA

08-31-2010

Just tried it. Lick bane damage only applies to the first tick of his ult. 100% confirmed, tried it like 20 times. Happened every time.

Krackor

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggIeS View Post
I don't like getting Lich Bane first because you need a decent AP pool for it to do any real extra damage.

I prefer rushing an item that is primarily AP and finishing Lich Bane second.
This! The only practical benefit you gain from upgrading Sheen to Lichbane as a first item is the magic resistance, movement speed and marginal AP gain from the Blasting Rod. Depending on your AD/AP numbers at the time, it could even be a downgrade in proc strength to upgrade to Lichbane.

Rylai's is a great item for AP Warwick since your Q has a bit more range than your melees. Q will slow enough for you to get your melee off (delivering the Lichbane proc of course) and with decent CDR the slow will have a nice uptime. The Giant's Belt gives you enough HP to work with such that it's less likely you'll get bursted down before you get a chance to Q, and the AP is enough to make finishing Lichbane worth it.

I still like starting with a Madred's Razors to speed up the lvl 4-10 farm and enable early dragon kills, but depending on your priorities it might be a waste.