[Guide] Morgana - Melting Faces

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joebags

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Considering how morgana needs to be in the heat of battle, as well as extended pushes, in general i would say that going tank/cd reduction is the way to go.

rod of ages, mercury, frozen heart(stop at glacial if they have no/little physical dps) are very good options. Playing AP morgana is asking for trouble.

Indeed, it can work pretty good in small 1-2 group skirmishes - too bad that ends before you farm half of your gear!

Personally, i haven't had a game with morg without atleast two rod of ages, mercury, frozen heart AND a banshee and i still sometimes get taken down in teamfights during my ultimate, if my team does not have the upperhand.

Your wtfstun ultimate and the CC removal from your shield are the #1 and #2 things that make you deadly during teamfights, both do not get stronger from AP, and with an AP build you die before triggering your ultimate - unless your team is already winning, in which case it's just win-more.

My 2c
This guy knows what hes talkin about. Rod of Ages is godly on morgana. I get 2-3 when I play her. Actually, i just played a game where i had 4 of them (it was an epic 70 min game). With mercury treads, 3 rod of ages, and frozen heart, you are nearly impossible to take down due to high defense and 4k hp. Also you will have 240 AP from the rods when they max out, which gives a nice boost to your spells. Since morgana is a ridiculously good farmer its not all that difficult to get the money for all this.

DalzK

01-09-2010

AP/HP is all Morgana needs aka spam RoA

numbernine

04-02-2010

actually tried this out with out mejai but it's working like hot knife to a butter abit different start tho i make but anyways its awsome and my record against bots has been 744 ap and it did the job :P also on TT morgana with this build is kinda op.

really good to wait ultimate off cd and follow frieds then pew pew :P
(amumu ,morgana + random on TT is awsome combo)

Lycanblu

04-02-2010

Use morgana often, love her.

Anyways, Like read in previous posts, she is NOT a burst dps in any way. She can deal ALOT of damage over 5 seconds, but she does not burst : /If you're using morgana to kill, you're not utilizing her potential. Morgana does not kill, she sets up kills. She snares, she baits, she stuns, she shields, it's morgana's job to make sure the DPS do what they do.

Morgana has THE BEST shield in the game, a solid 1:1 ap ratio.

and it DOES NOT remove status ailments, it simply prevents them.

Ap is good, and yes, if you did have a full meija's, along with other ap items, it's perfectly believable, that she could indeed take down any DPS at 80% with two spells. but her value is in CC and the prevention of CC. The fast you can spam snares, and the faster you can set up dem shields, the more valuable you are to the team.

I usually build her as a sub tank : /

One RoA, one Soul Shroud, and one Rylai's Scepter sticks morgana at 3700 at endgame, it provides her roughly 120 AP her tormented soil slows on each tick, and she both has, and provides CDR, She's beastly hard to kill 1v1, and makes a nice distraction on team fights, almost guaranteeing you get your ult off.

Gives you 2 nummy spaces (assuming you got boots) to fill with whatever your little heart desires.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

04-03-2010

So we have a guide written in November which then got bumped in January when it was completely outdated as Morgana had been nerfed a bit by January, since she was honestly really really good back in November.

Now it is April and we are bumping the thread again, after Morgana has seen even more nerfs and Merc Treads now exist and are an extremely common item which reduce her Dark Binding (and by extension her Tormented Soil) damage potenial by 40% before MR is taken into consideration.

Can we just let 5 month old guides die? They aren't even remotely relevant.

Joxer

04-06-2010

mistik i love your morg support. DOWN WITH MERC TREADS. VIVA LA MORGANA

MadaMonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

True enough its outdated, so whats the correct build then? I assume tank?

dreamsleep

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogl View Post
... "good luck trying to get seven kills"...

go practice against bots if you have trouble getting 7 kills in a game as morgana...

seriously bro, battle morgana is crazy at ganking, if you know how to play her, 7 kills should be no problem at all, even support morganas can max out mejai's with assists...

Exactly, mejai's is easily maxed with a good morgana player who can aim and predict wit skill shot anyday. i usually dont get mejai's because tt is kinda scary and makes me go a more tanky build of hp and wut ever the other team is packing.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaMonk View Post
True enough its outdated, so whats the correct build then? I assume tank?
I find tank/support is most viable on her, because as long as Merc treads exist and her ult is so easily avoided, her AP ratio's for her damage abilities are all really really bad.

Tank also allows you to get your ult off even if the other team turns to focus you, which is very common.

I have it on good authority that some fixes are in the pipeline for Morgana though, and if they alleviate some of the problems Morgana has with getting countered by common items and summoner spells, AP might become regularly viable again.

Zanthium

06-13-2010

1st time building it this way. Most kills I've gotten with Morgana. ss's below

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1236/morgana1.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3690/morgana2.jpg