[Guide] Morgana - Melting Faces

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

Morgana is the main hero I play, and I've definitely considered going AP with her (and of course tried it a few times). It works.

Even with the fact, that it works, Morgana is sooooo much more, and I stress this, MUCH more useful as a tank or a hybrid tank/dps. While you can rarely pull many of your own kills this way, your team rightfully feels a little more bold with you around, and the other team feels threatened whenever they see you waltzing up to them to snare/stun whoever the hell you feel like without status effect repurcussion. Meaning IF you have enough survivability, and of course if your team is working with you, (cuz you certainly shouldn't be going into a group alone) then you survive and at least one of them doesn't.

AP Morgana IS fun. She can drop most heroes very easily, and they are still afraid of her...until she pops any of her skills. Then comes the cooldown. While on cooldown, AP Morgana...well...she dies. This being the case, I only take AP Morgana when I know the enemy isn't working together very well. When I know I can get in, kill someone, and gtfo before the rest of them wtfpwn my frail ass in a second. I would suggest to you to play a hybrid build (light or mid level AP with decebt amounts of hp/armor/magic res depending on the heroes in play, and probably some type of cooldown helpage - kinda like you already stated, but drop some of that AP off for better survivability). Hybrid Morgana is effective and fun. She carries herself well enough to not keel over dead in the first wave of hidden enemies while still being able to <sometimes> solo gank a silly hero who may be running around without full hp or a team to help them out.

For myself, I like heavily resiliant Morganas. I always feel that if I don't come out of a game with a load of assists, then I wasn't doing my job as a team player, which is what I take Morgana to be.

AP Morgana can pull a handful of kills, usually a lesser handful of deaths depending on how cautious you are, and of course some assists.

Tough Morgana however...She shouldn't die and should show up to every team fight. Assist Assist Assist. No deaths. The occasional kill.

That's my two cents.

Adhoc

11-07-2009

Well thought out guide and a fun build.

That being said I agree with Tactorin and honestly only play AP Morgana if I'm messing around in a practice game. If I want to go burst AP in a Normal Game then I'll choose Annie because she just excels at that role. Morgana shines as support, and is one of the best in the game in that regard. She needs to be in the thick of a fight to really be effective w/ her ult. Personally the build I enjoy most on her is as follows..

Ring, Mana Manipulator, Rank 1 boots, Sorc boots or HP belt depending on how things are going in my lane, snag the other, Soul Shroud, Then Frozen Heart/Aegis (depending on who is getting what item on my team) Guardian Angel or Rod depending on how things are going.

A well aimed skillshot at a group of fleeing champions to string them out, or hitting a fleeing champ through the bushes, or even snagging a twitch/eve/shaco that just invised on you is extremely beneficial for your team. If you're playing an AP build against any group of players who are competent, they will focus you down.

GNOY

11-07-2009

I just wonder - WHY sorcerer boots for Tank build 0_o. 33 AP wont make any difference while extra speed or MR, will make you more efficient. Also, Lich bane is epic waste of money on AP build. She will hit with bonus dmg ONE ****ING TIME during average teamfight. Lich Bane effect has 3s CD. You burst your spells in very short time, making your combo. So you will hit only one time, and then must wait for pretty long CDs. There is better options than going for Sheen/Bane since she dont have low CD spells and all her spells goes off in short time period.

RyuuKitten

11-07-2009

Philo is a waste, imo. Rush a tear and go archangels, then build tanky stuff. This lets you gank really well mid-game (where she excels at it) and then support really well endgame. Zhonya's is a waste, by the time she gets it her ganking days are gone.

Mr Herriman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-08-2009

does RoA even stack?

my build is

Mana Manipulator > Soul Shroud (after boots)
Sorc Boots
RoA
Soulstealer
Archangels staff
Banshee's Veil/Rylai's (depending on the situatuion)

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Adjudicator

11-08-2009

A Con you missed: Everyone stacks magic resist and Banshee's Veil, currently. Building straight AP and relying on your snare to win fights is asking a bit much, isn't it? At the very least, Abyssal Scepter should be a Must-Have for this build.

dfspSpirit

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactorin View Post
Tough Morgana however...She shouldn't die and should show up to every team fight. Assist Assist Assist. No deaths. The occasional kill.
I played >150 games with Morgana and I've tried both ways. Result: I couldn't agree more with what Tactorin said.

I've come across very few (2?) people who got a lot of kills with her (like 12-14 kills, AP style and mid solo) while I played another champion. A good Ashe, Teemo or Twitch could have done more though.

Btw, the guide's pretty outdated.

Ford

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russarian View Post
good luck trying to get seven kills to make use of Mejaiís Soulstealer and if you do, it happens on a rare occasion.
Lol, just finished my first attempt with Morgana on this champion rotation. I got 7 kills, 2 deaths, and 18 assists. I wish I had gotten my Meijas sooner now >.< Oh well, I'll get it first next game =)

Besides, considering the money spent on it, you really only need to maintain 6-8 stacks for it to be a "good item" to have gotten. However, I usually maintain mine around 20 on Ryze because its easy to, Morgana I'll have to get a bit better with as I've only played her once.

Tarion

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Lol, just finished my first attempt with Morgana on this champion rotation. I got 7 kills, 2 deaths, and 18 assists. I wish I had gotten my Meijas sooner now >.< Oh well, I'll get it first next game =)

Besides, considering the money spent on it, you really only need to maintain 6-8 stacks for it to be a "good item" to have gotten. However, I usually maintain mine around 20 on Ryze because its easy to, Morgana I'll have to get a bit better with as I've only played her once.
He's talking about old Mejai's. Back then, it used to just stack 7 times for +10 damage a time (With +70 as a base, as I recall) and steal all your opponents mana on a successful kill.

IceDive

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
Philo is a waste, imo. Rush a tear and go archangels, then build tanky stuff. This lets you gank really well mid-game (where she excels at it) and then support really well endgame. Zhonya's is a waste, by the time she gets it her ganking days are gone.
I agree on Philo being a waste, since the combination of her W skill and passive will get you the health you need to stay in lane usualy. Also with her snare and shield, you're never in that much danger early one. As Ryu says, get teat and archangels instead. At 3k mana you will get 100AP from this item.

Also, since Morgana's CD's are very high, I really feel you can't play her without CDR. (of course, since you're going for burst, this may be less of a problem, but since all her skills are essentially dot, I really think CDR adds a lot)

When I build Morgana for AP, I do this when I get fed early and feel opposing team is not very good, I will build like this:

Tear
Sorc boots
tear -> archangel's staff
Deathfire grasp

After that it's very situational. Also, make sure to always have the blue buff. (I still think Morgana is better for support, but AP is fun and can work in some games)