Most forgiving junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qester

06-23-2012

Hey everyone,

So i suck with junglers, apparently my mind doesn't work the way it needs to and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

However if I get stuck playing jungle in ranked I want to give my team the best chance possible.

What champions are the most forgiving and easiest to faceroll to help my team out?

Thanks,

Qester

Gez

06-23-2012

Warwick, by far. With his new passive, I found him the easiest jungler I have played by starting with a vampiric scepter and grabbing Q first, maxxing W first. Jungle clear speed is easy and with health sustain, great for beginners. His ultimate makes him a great ganker, so be sure to pick him up!

SovietBlade

06-23-2012

warwick is easy, but he's slow. Take W at level 1, max it first.
You rarely need Q for sustain as WW, so it'd actually be a better idea to get E second to hunt down invaders who aren't having a great day; just remember to turn it off before ganks.
next easiest I can think of is shen, also so slow; but his ganks are monsterous. Not to mention he opens up some creative ganks at level 6.

It's a matter of do you like global presence or a suppression?

Train Wrecks2

06-23-2012

Alistar?

xCry0x

06-23-2012

Amumu is the easiest I have played..

If you are not great at jungling just focus on killing jungle until level 6
Once you hit 6 your ult cant basically guarantee a kill if you gank a lane since it is an AOE root type ability with a large range.
Late game the ult is one of the best fight initiators in the game, doesn't matter how bad you are, all you have to do is get next to their team and press R.

Mundo is supposed to be super super easy also but I have not played him jungle yet.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Easiest are probably
WW and Fiddlesticks
You're probably going to get your jungle stolen but they'll never try and face you because you'll generally always be at 70%+ health.

And no, Mundo is not easy per se because you get kill urself if u leave ur W for too long and you always have to be on the move.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Then pick a jungle where people know you're going to be farming all day rather than ganking them. Shyvana and Mundo come to mind.

sugarcrotch

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBlade View Post
warwick is easy, but he's slow. Take W at level 1, max it first.
You rarely need Q for sustain as WW, so it'd actually be a better idea to get E second to hunt down invaders who aren't having a great day; just remember to turn it off before ganks.
next easiest I can think of is shen, also so slow; but his ganks are monsterous. Not to mention he opens up some creative ganks at level 6.

It's a matter of do you like global presence or a suppression?
this. you shouldnt take q first and max e at least 2nd the ms bonus is hilarious

also dont be that guy that builds zerks and rushes bloodrazor

Etherimp

06-24-2012

Rammus is who I played A LOT in the jungle for a very long time, and playing him got me very good at ganking and general jungle timing.

A few things..

Rammus is a very strong ganker, and jungling him is easy.. But he has virtually NO sustain... Which means you need to pick up some sustain. If I successfully ganked 1-2 lanes, I will usually get an early wriggles to compensate for this.

Also, Rammus is semi-dependent upon blue, because he tends to burn through a good bit of mana while jungling due to the way his Powerball and DBC are required for him to clear with good speed. If you have a mid AP Carry who needs blue buff, you will definitely want to pick up a Philo Stone.

And finally, I build a HoG and Giants belt on Rammus ASAP.. His DBC gives him a lot of defense early game, so by building health first you stay viable until you can pick up some hard defenses.

As far as build goes, I recommend Wriggles (Sell later), Merc Treads, Warmogs, Thornmail, Banshees Viel, Force of Nature, and either Shurylias Reverie (If you built Philo stone), Guardian Angel. or another large Armor item for the damage output.

Why is Rammus good? Because he's a great initiator, ganker, and tank in general. He has a lot to offer your team throughout the entire game. He does his initial clears relatively fast and he has a lot of options for item builds. I've even seen him built with damage items. His jungling is very straight forward and he can use a pretty standard rune/mastery page.

Why is he bad? He's not a very good counter-jungler and he's relatively weak against counter-jungling... and he's rather dependent upon blue buff. If you can get over these facts, he's really a good character to pick up and learn.

Amumu is very similar in his jungle style, but builds completely differently.

Kaoelith

06-24-2012

Forgiving junglers include ones that has self sustain such as WW and Fiddle, also many tanks have no problems

This is often a bad thing though since most of them are easily invaded, which most people will do in ranked at least

The best junglers for newer people are shyvanna, udyr, and nocturne
all 3 of these are great in the jungle for farming and can gank well.

Shyvanna farms like a beast, and often you see bad ones not gank until6 where her ulti lets you TD easily if you need to. You rarely see ganks pre6 because she only has a movespeed boost, no hard cc.

Udyr farms very well if phoenix, great ganks if you manage to reach the person in bear, otherwise you will rarely get kills with ganks

Nocturne farms well, can invade easily with fear and spell shield, amazing ganks after 6, can gank before hand also easily with move boost and fear

all 3 of them can farm if you see no ganks available, all build tanky bruiser letting you live while still doing decent damage, all 3 can change team fights around if you time skills right
udyr stun ad carry nonstop with bear and aoe dmg with phoenix
shyvanna ulti to seperate some people, TONS OF aoe DAMAGE, gap closer ulti to get right in the carry's face
nocturne ulti to gank random people not with team, fear, spellshield, decent damage with nice built in steroids into his skills