What champion(s) do you like seeing on your team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RamboBatman

11-03-2009

Very few champions make me really happy to see on a team before knowing how good the players are. I used to feel good seeing a Zilean until I played a few games with a Zil who, as far as I could tell, didn't save a single life with his ult. I'm generally in lower level games where i don't consider anyone a safe bet. And, if you tihnk Ashe and Ryze can be useful even with a poor player you haven't seen someone build AP Ashe. Generally during the early game I'm focused on my lane but sometimes after my first death I take a look at my team's item builds and don't know whether to laugh or cry. AP Ashe, Teemo stacking Dorans Blade, Morgana with Zeal, no champion is safe from a terrible build.

Vindico Atrum

11-03-2009

Malphite/Amumu/Lich/Teemo.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

Well, I know the question is who you like to see, but since that can be interpreted as who is good support for a team...

I've been playing some Janna and... why the hell does noone play this hero? My snare allowed at LEAST 10 hero kills for my team, shield is ridiculously op, between the dmg buff and the shield it's awesome for putting on tanks at towers, they shred through them and can take some hits from defending heroes. Not to mention all the times I saved running team mates from death with it. And did I mention it can be cast on towers? Try to lane a tower Janna is defending with fort and her shield, I dare you. The tornado, while super easy to dodge early game when there's not much going on, is almost impossible to see charging/coming once things get hectic and completely disrupts the other teams movement and spell casts. And her ult wins team fights, period. Whole team at half health cause they have good aoe? Bam knock back the other team and by the time they get back in range to stun me my whole team is full health.

Is there just a lack of competant players trying out this hero or wut?

Admonished

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Well, I know the question is who you like to see, but since that can be interpreted as who is good support for a team...

I've been playing some Janna and... why the hell does noone play this hero? My snare allowed at LEAST 10 hero kills for my team, shield is ridiculously op, between the dmg buff and the shield it's awesome for putting on tanks at towers, they shred through them and can take some hits from defending heroes. Not to mention all the times I saved running team mates from death with it. And did I mention it can be cast on towers? Try to lane a tower Janna is defending with fort and her shield, I dare you. The tornado, while super easy to dodge early game when there's not much going on, is almost impossible to see charging/coming once things get hectic and completely disrupts the other teams movement and spell casts. And her ult wins team fights, period. Whole team at half health cause they have good aoe? Bam knock back the other team and by the time they get back in range to stun me my whole team is full health.

Is there just a lack of competant players trying out this hero or wut?
People don't play janna for few reasons:
1.Selfish: Janna is not a hero killer at all, her damage output is rather low and though she makes great set-ups people want to get kills themselves.
2.Awkward-ish: Janna is a quirky support character in that her supports are odd however useful. Tornado is a nice disrupter but is lackluster at farming which most support characters excel at. Her shield is good overall, but leans in favor of use on dps chars rather than just anyone. Her speed buff/snare effectivly gives her permanent ghost but again, no damage burst. I think her worst skill would be her ult. The aoe knockback is nice but the healing is completely worthless. any dps char will easily kill you if you try to channel it, and if you move the heal is wasted anyway. If you have time to use Janna's heal fully more than likely the other team is bad and/or lacks CC.
I easly see people picking Soraka, Taric or Morgana since knockbacks, popups, and healing are readliy available on most dps/offensive caster heroes anyway.
meh disagree, agree thats how i see it.

spreadfred

11-03-2009

i like seeing teemo, because i like to TP to his 'shrooms

Ramayana

11-03-2009

At least one tank (Malph, Allistar, Amumu, etc) and ideally a support class with a heal (Kayle, Taric, Soraka, etc). I've been playing alot of Malphite lately in order to at least cover the tank portion.

Riptwisted

11-03-2009

Kayle and Lich i think are almost a must to every team. I dont really play them but every time i get that combo on my team we win.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

Those are good points Admonished, but I do disagree about her Ult. At least in my experience using it, the healing is very quick and by the time they can get back in range to stun you, everyone is back to full health. I'm still playing at pretty low ELO, but the last game I played my opponents were more than competant (they were pushing us pretty good first half of game as we had 2 supports) and had a ton of stuns and disables and they weren't able to shut down my heal before it did it's job once. It also usually splits up their team, and if your team is on the ball you can dismantle them while they can't help each other.

Shrug, only played 2 games on her will have to experiment some more but in that game, when I was with my team, I felt like I was THE factor making the difference in every fight I was in.

Also, I don't see how her tornado is weak at farming. By mid game you can throw them in to the jungle and clear entire weak creep camps without even stopping to go in to the jungle. It clears creep waves in 1 shot for a fair portion of the game as well.

I'll keep playin around with her and see if I run in to these issues you've pointed out.

Drexl

11-03-2009

I play Singed, so i like seeing a Ryze who knows how to play their class. Deadly combo.

Rogl

11-06-2009

malph/nasus... just good to be around, mundo too