Ashe Build opinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L3tha1Am6iti0n

11-05-2009

hey i was working on this build for ashe and wanted some advice whether or not this a good idea
i thought i would take a different angle. rather than maxing out her crit for last hitting at the start you use items that reward auto attacking
starting with vampiric scepter for lifesteal and then getting your boots
then, rather than getting bf sword immediately for the blood thirster, you get madred's razors for the damage and the chance at 500 damage on a minion
this way you don't waste gold on health items and your volley becomes much more powerful with that chance that with a crit
then you finish blood thirster and work for madreds blood razer the whole idea being to get good damage and attack speed that makes your lifesteal powerful and completely avoiding health items that waste gold (especially if you use heal as one of your summoner spells)
after all that you then turn towards the crit for its use on champions and get phantom dancer
and if the games not over yet you could finish with black cleaver or infinity edge or something

the advantages i see in this build are you get your big items a little faster b/c you ignor health items and you use a less expensive bonus rather than increasing your crit early which i think is more cost effective especially when you spend the gold later and make the crit powerful against champions.
another note is that this build is aimed at playing ashe as a strong lategame hero by sacrificing ganking ability in mid game for better farming (b/c the bonus is only on minions) and eventually ending up with more items b/c of your increased farming

now my question is whether or not this is feasible. Also is this approach bad because in some games if you don't get far enough in the build she could be weak?

L3tha1Am6iti0n

11-07-2009

anyone?
any advice at all.....

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

11-07-2009

I think getting lifesteal on Ashe is pretty useless at the beginning of the game, that's my opinion. I don't know about Madred Razor's and Bloodthirster as beginning items... I have yet to see lifesteal being very effective on Ashe. Her health is very low and you're better off keeping your distance and not getting hit at all. Once you start getting hit lifesteal is not going to help you.

I have played Ashe a lot and even when I was absolutely dominating a game and needed more survivability Banshee's Veil always trumps any lifesteal item on Ashe.

If you want lots of damage without wasting money on health items I'd say grab a couple of potions, Bereserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Veil and THEN Bloodthirster if you want. Still I don't think Bloodthirster is a good item on Ashe.

L3tha1Am6iti0n

11-07-2009

Ok i can see what you mean
but just because you have lifesteal doesn't mean you can't keep your distance and not get hit....i use it more in the terms of if i have low damage, rather than relying on some regen item just start auto attacking creeps from a distance for the lifesteal...same effect...except that late game if you are down to almost no health you can actually go into the woods and kill 2 sets of neutrals and get back to full health or near it anyway
also starting with lifesteal was something i had seen in another guide that people raved over
its the madreds razors instead of other items i was wondering about and i think you could be right
i was playing a game trying out this build and i had a really rough start (although i think it was because i was just sucking...) however late game i was huge because of all the items i got with the extra farming capabilities with the razors which was my goal (i also got the greves early and infinities edge later)
the thing i don't know is if you are right and that i was weak early b/c of the items or b/c i sucked (or both lol)
ill try out your suggestion when i get a chance and see if it works better
thanks!
anyone else have experience with something similar that could offer advice?

GNOY

11-08-2009

Lifesteal as first item is good only on ONE champion. Jungling Warwick. If someone picks lifesteal as 1st item I usually say "gg" in allchat.

And even if you build lifesteal later. Even if you will have 100% lifesteal, guess what? You will die if enemy catch you. Even in 1vs1, master Yi or Jax will outDPS you and kill, regardless of your godly lifesteal (provided they have equally cost item build). Overall its useless on Ashe (and on most of other champions). Focus on pure DPS to be useful. And remember lifesteal wont regen you 1000 HP which you will lost in 2 seconds when focusfired, while it dont add to your dps.

It doesnt mean you cant get items with LS. Some of them are pretty good, but lifesteal is just a bonus on top of other effects.

PhysiO LighT

11-08-2009

I usually begin go Madred's Razor -> Berserker's Greaves -> Madred's Bloodrazor -> Infinity Edge -> Last Whisper -> Banshee's Veil ..

Is it more useful to get Veil before Last Whisper? Is it useful to skip Madred's at all and just go for Infinity Edge/ BlackCleaver right after boots? Is Greaves really the best bootset for Ashe?

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
And even if you build lifesteal later. Even if you will have 100% lifesteal, guess what? You will die if enemy catch you. Even in 1vs1, master Yi or Jax will outDPS you and kill, regardless of your godly lifesteal (provided they have equally cost item build). Overall its useless on Ashe (and on most of other champions). Focus on pure DPS to be useful. And remember lifesteal wont regen you 1000 HP which you will lost in 2 seconds when focusfired, while it dont add to your dps.
This is what I was trying to say. When I used lifesteal builds (I've played Ashe... a lot) this always happened. Pointless.

L3tha1Am6iti0n

11-08-2009

alright point taken
but i did not consider life steal as an advantage in a fight...i considered it a replacement for a regen item such as philosophers stone in terms of how i play with it...except its actually helpful late game...you keep saying it won't help me in a fight and i completely agree like i have said before
but for sake of argument say we get rid of life steal and replace with a health item or not at all
are the razors good early? thats what i have a question on