Amumu Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheus

11-02-2009

So, I just picked up Amumu, and I'm doing very well with him, despite the fact that I've only used him 3 times. However, I thought I'd check my item build to see if you guys had any recommendations.

Regrowth Pendant->Philosopher's Stone
Ninja Tabi
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape/Warmog's Armor
Sunfire Cape/Warmog's Armor (whichever I didn't get before)

After that, I sometimes get a Banshee's Veil, depending on the other team, and then I sell my Philosopher's Stone and replace it with some kind of AP item (the thing that cuts enemy magic resist or the book that gains AP as you get kills).

Rawb

11-03-2009

That's pretty much the basic build for Amumu out there. I usually find Amumu shines the best in the jungle and this also allows your team to get 2 solo lanes which is even more beneficial. I would recomend trying out the jungling guide here for him. Some AP items would be really beneficial to your build to cause some good amount of damage with your tantrums and bandages. After your tabi I would recomend getting a Rod of ages. That way it has enough time to power up and it will still add some health and mana for ya. Also, I like to get a guardian angel before my sunfires to keep me alive longer. I think most people hold off on that until after a few sunfires though.

SmecssRaege

11-03-2009

There's basically a few standardized item builds for amumu mostly mentioned above me

(All builds start with philo's > ninja tabi...or boots of choice)

-AoE damage/Mixed defense
Sunfire
Sunfire
Banshee's Veil (Or if you choose, Force of Nature, but i highly prefer banshee's)
Guardian Angel

-AoE slow/damage / mixed defense (but not as much armor as above)
Sunfire
Rylai's Scepter (1.5s slow with every tantrum or bandage toss is nice, more AP, and HP to boot)
Banshee's Veil (Or if you choose, Force of Nature, but i highly prefer banshee's)
Guardian Angel

-Heavier damage while still getting good hp/mana but armor/MR come way later
Rod of Ages
Rod of Ages (or skip #2)
Rylai's Scepter
Guardian Angel

basically....you can use offshoots of any of those 3 core builds and you rarely can go wrong because of how versatile and amazing amumu is =P