how viable is Varus midlane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rykaal

06-23-2012

I know the champion spotlight said he can midlane effectively, but every game I try this in everyone yells at me and says a real midlaner should take it, when I try to get it due to nobody else fitting the qualifications for it. as in 4 melee champs and me as Varus. a Ryze even wanted mid lane even though Kassadin was taking mid on the enemy team, I would have expected him to be afraid and want a ranged AD there so he doesn't go through the torture of Kassadin's magic lockdown kit.

Nightshroud76

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

As viable as any AD carry mid, which is incredibly viable. Everyone chooses squishy AP's mid. You do a whole **** lot of damage.

Akeneki

Recruiter

06-23-2012

Weird, I always see Varus midding o.o

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

every time I had a varus mid on my team, he fed.

Oh god I surrendered the moment it hit 20:00, fed morde ish scary Q.Q

Hektik

06-23-2012

u cant be an ad carry goin mid u have to kno how to lane every lane his its tricks but on my experience he is very efective well all ad carrys are effective mid

DonnFirinne

06-23-2012

Any AD (or AP/hybrid/some random build, if that's how you're building Varus) ranged champ can go mid and be successful. The only thing you have to be prepared for is the other person scaling to full power faster than you. A mid game AP vs a mid game AD will out damage you, no questions asked. But if you free farm into late game, enjoy steamrolling them if they don't start grouping up.

50mm3r

06-23-2012

There is a reason APs generally go mid. They benefit much more than most AD ranged carries by getting more EXP. ADs need mostly farm. Just keep in mind that the AP mid you will probably face will most likely decimate you mid game.

KillerShadow46

07-01-2012

Varus is an amazing midlaner because of his ability to do harrasment it has been aba amazing champion to me i think people dont see how strong he is

WhoopsiGoldburg

07-01-2012

I play mid on hit varus alot and I almost always tend to do well. My first major purchase is a wits end the shred great mr boost quick w stacks and an e or q combo will guarantee you outrade just about everyone.

I don't have a concrete build for him so generally I grab beserker grieves early and switch to merc treads later sometimes grab a chalice early. all the onhit items.

Early and mid game are your strongest points. Your ultimate will win you early dragonfights and ganks. You can snowball your team with you mid game varus power, late game is still good but he really peaks at. all you really do is position like an ad carry and right click anything you can safely. while harassing with q's.

He's really fun to play mid

hotfire

07-02-2012

He's not bad mid, but by putting him there you are shafting your teams ap carry. Ap's need the solo xp more that anyone, and your mid opponent will use it better than you