stealth mode is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemt

11-03-2009

To pill means to recall. "Recall" was at first called "blue pill", hence the term.

Also, plesae, don't place wards in front of an uncloacked Stealther. He'll just change lanes with someone else, and you just wasted cash and the chance to surprise-gank the stealther.

Daxed

11-03-2009

Make sure to play at least 100 games before calling stuff OP. Cloakers aren't very powerful if you keep your awareness up. After dying to twitch a bunch of times, you start to really take notice anytime you see him at the loading screen, and start to track him throughout the game. Calling out twitch/evelyn's location or noting when he's missing helps the team immensely. There really shouldn't be an "Out of nowhere" attack with the cloakers. Stay near a tower if a cloaker is missing. You miss out on farming, but he has to uncloak to farm, so he's missing out too.

Raistlen

11-03-2009

Quote:
So farming area. When farming it's typical to go from killing minions right under your tower to right by their tower and everywhere in-between. Just the way the cycles and waves work out

Don't attack minions except to last hit and you'll be fighting pretty close to your tower. You only help kill waves if you want to push.

JohnCataldo

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
You could easily spend 450 gold on wards, that's not being spent on equipment. Am I figuring this wrong, or is it simply still worth it to stay alive?
3 wards is the most I'd ever buy in 20 minutes, and it's likely to be less. I'd only do that if (1) I was getting routinely ganked despite my precautions (largely meaning the other player(s) are better than me) or (2) I'm regularly getting kills off the enemy stealthers this way (so it's worth it financially, but usually this is only true if the enemy stealthers aren't very good so you are probably doing fine anyway). Often the enemy will drastically change how they are playing after they see you drop even a single ward (though, as pointed out, they will sometimes just change lanes). Wards also work better on side lanes than the middle; you can sometimes put one in a bush when you know they don't see, so they won't know you have a ward up, especially if they aren't paying attention to your items (or you can sneak up after coming back from shopping).

Usually I'll just play more conservatively or focus on having more health. If Twitch cloaks and I'm not sure I'm much healthier, I'll back up a bit (knowing I'm keeping out of range for some of that cloak or near my tower so pretty safe). I won't get gold while doing this, but neither will Twitch so I'm not losing ground. I try to keep close enough to keep getting XP. This is why I sometimes intetionally try not to push (i.e. tower-hug). Losing XP is really bad. Not getting gold while the enemy isn't getting gold is fine, and wasting the enemy's mana. (Cloaking costs moderate mana for Twitch and a bit for Evelyn; this tactic is even better if you see he doesn't have mana regen.)

If the cloaker doesn't have much health regen of his own (likely to be Regrowth Pendant or Vampiric Sceptre) just keeping him low on health tends to work well (especially since I often *do* have better health regen). Sometimes you just try to make them burn through health potions, though you may end up doing the same. This has worked for me as nearly any character with relatively spammable ranged attacks (even just basic attacks for champs like Ashe, Trist, Sivir, etc.) If they are usually at full health it's much harder, and I end up tower hugging more.