stealth mode is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narazim da noob

11-02-2009

stealth is fine, the oracle potion seem to do the trick for me everygame.

Piranha Petunia

11-02-2009

What do you do when your bag is full and you want an oracle elixir?

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obisean View Post
What do you do when your bag is full and you want an oracle elixir?
Sell boots, buy elixir, consume elixir, buy boots back.

Boots should be your cheapest item. If it isn't, then something is wrong with your build. :P

rightstuff

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
Sell boots, buy elixir, consume elixir, buy boots back.

Boots should be your cheapest item. If it isn't, then something is wrong with your build. :P

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not >.>. To me, this highlights another problem with the game. You can't drop items on the ground. It makes the elixirs basically useless towards the end of the game. I'm not saying that I want to use them all the time, but having to sell an item, buy an elixir, and then rebuy the item you sold is a waste of cash. Even if you just have the basic boots (350 gold) and sell those, Oracle's Elixir's price jumps from 450 to 1150. I like the idea of having an elixir to counter stealth, but I don't think that it's viable in late game scenarios. If we are using DoTA as an example, you could drop an item in town and buy some dust or wards to counter stealth, but after you had burned the charges you could always grab the item again.

These issues may not apply to premade groups, but as a solo player it's almost like a stealth champion has the added advantage of removing an item slot from opposing champions.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

I was not being sarcastic.

If the game has gone that long, you should have an abundance of gold and if their Twitch or Eve is bothering you that much, then sell your boots and get the elixir to counter them.

Krangbot

11-02-2009

Have you tried attacking Eve or Twitch immediately when they come out of stealth rather than immediately running away and claiming OP? If you were low on health when they jumped you, then they are just being opportunistic and using a class ability to execute an ambush. How is that any different than Warwick or Jax jumping out of the bush when your at half health and slaughtering you?

All the stealthers are beyond squishy and go down quite fast unless they were majorly fed by noobs who let them soften them up little by little with stealth attacks early game. a stealther isn't going to kill anyone alone early game, Eve nor Twitch is potent enough to do that in one stealth attack encounter.

Ydriel

11-02-2009

^
What he said. There are 3 stealthers, and Shaco hardly counts since the stealth only lasts 5 seconds.
If you see you have a stealther in your lane, get a ward. Sure, it doesn't cover the whole lane, but it covers most of your farming zone (the rest should be covered by your turret). There, you actually have an advantage, because having an Eve/Twitch not knowing they're been seen nor where the ward is, actually makes them easily gankable . And they're so squishy, that most of the times, sticking to the fight and throwing a stun will make them go back. If you're playing against Eve, just stick around your minions.

sTrikerT

11-02-2009

having played evelynn extensively myself, your argument is not viable what so ever.

Quote:
but I find farming against a stealth is just brutal.
if the stealth unit is farming and not going around ganking, something's wrong with him and you have nothing to worry about.

you have trouble with stealth early game? they have no dmg early game, twitch is range so hes like an ashe with poison arrows. Evelyn doesn't have her ap build up so she does almost no dmg, so is shaco.

Begin from Mid to Late game, more than half of all my kills w/ evelynn is from half hp heroes farming away from towers, farming in jungle, or retreating from big fights. Thats when you should start to worry about them.

Elixir is the most hated item for any stealth hero if the right person buys it.
I had ashe/ryze buy 3-4 elixirs because i ask teammates to focus them first. But a tank or another stealth with elixir is just pain.

Truth is, all stealth heroes has low hp and armor, almost no stun ability(aside from eve's 2 sec and shaco's fear) and can't exchange hits with melee or tanks for long time(maybe a fed twitch can)

all in all, if a stealth constantly picks on you, either your hero has low hp(ashe), you have low hp, or you wander around alone. they are call assassin for a reason. if you want them exposed with mass anti-stealth, everyone mind as well play jax.

Emergencia

11-02-2009

Is this guy serious? =/

Neoh

11-02-2009

ive had problems with stealth before...until i started buying counters!

1. it doesnt take away an item slot because you can sell, get pot, then rebuy your item.

2. it will cost you a bit early on, but later, if you buy a pot and dont die, then thats the end of your extra spending.

3. if youre complaining about losing an item slot or money for selling/rebuying, but your slots are already full...wtf are you gonna spend that money on now anyway...?

ive been asked numerous times if my champ has some secret stealth seeing abilities...i get wards early on, prevent ganks completely in my lane, and i get pots later on and usually never die to stealthers.

once you see them, hit them...theyll run. if not, then keep hitting them, or run yourself.