[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RamboBatman

11-03-2009

First, let me say that I'm sure this build has worked for you in the past (otherwise you wouldn't have written a guide about it). However, when I read a guide that says its weak vs. things "such as a blind, a hold, or a stun" I get a little worried. Disables are the most potent tools in the game and having a build thats admittedly weak vs. them doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You don't include any health in your build meaning your HP will max out at less than 2K, even a 2 sec stun will give many champions ample opportunity to do that much dmg. Also, relying on lifesteal for survivability means you're vulnerable to burst-damage from casters. Including mercury treads is a good idea but i'm dubious as to whether its enough to overcome these vulnerabilities.

The other thing i'm curious about is the inclusion of Smite as one of your summoner spells. Teleport speaks for itself but, considering that Nasus is extremely good at killing neutrals regardless of how you build him, wouldn't cleanse or flash make more sense? I guess the problem is investing in the offensive mastery tree. Generally you want either crit chance or AP but not both (certainly AP is a waste on Nasus) so in order to move up the tree you either take improved smite or exhaust (exhaust being pretty useless when wither is available). However, the reason people go down the offensive mastery route is because it contains the 15% magic penetration, which is one of the best masteries in the game. So, considering that Nasus doesn't utilize magic pen. very well, why go offensive at all?

Anyway, I've played a lot of Nasus before I tried this guide and have done very well. I mostly play tank or hybrid-tank builds depending on whether we have a pure tank on the team or not. Aura-stacking despite your claim that it "ruins his potential" works very effectively. Generally speaking, Nasus' abilities aren't affected by his items, siphoning strike gets better as you use it, wither is unaffected by anything and the scaling on SF and his Ult isn't worth mentioning. A team gains a lot of survivability if someone has Aegis, ditto Frozen Heart, and Starks is so good that even you suggest building it.

I appreciate the effort that went into making the guide so i figured I might as well try it despite my doubts. Annie, as I suspected, was a huge problem for this build, able to stun and burst before I could recover. Warwick, while his ult didn't kill me, allowed other players on his team to focus me dead in short order.

Also, when building a guide saying something like "Do not come posting in here this Guide sucks because you can't pull it off" isn't really productive. I know I wouldn't like it if I put effort into making a guide and someone came and told me it sucked without any reasons why but, if someone has tried your guide and found it lacking then you should listen to their feedback. Ultimately, I can see this build working well against the 80% carry teams that you see in pubs all the time. However, against a well balanced team you need a well balanced Nasus.

Coleman

11-03-2009

Were you tired of Nassus beating you and hoped you'd fool us with this guide?

I'm not saying this build isn't any good, but Soul Fire is the best skill we have, and there is no way anyone can convince me that we should not max this first.

With sheen early there is no reason to build SS beyond rank 1 until the end of the game. It gains the same damage per kill regardless of level and with sheen screwing up the last hit even at rank 1 SS means you should play someone or something else.

It's an interesting assassin build, and if the bloodthirsters stack probably makes you almost unkillable, but it isn't for me. I prefer being unkillable the old fashioned MR/Armor way.

Also, why are you getting smite teleport? Wouldn't clense/flash make more sense to make up for the weaknesses? And if you are so focused on last hits with SS why smite improvement?

Sarenot

11-03-2009

Oh forgot to mention one thing.. how are you farming enough gold for 2 BT and potentially a IE without relying on SF... it takes forever even with that to get so much gold, let alone if you are trying to SS an entire wave. Curious cause I must be doing something wrong

Cabtn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

Im sure this build works great for you and what not, but in higher end games i think you may wanna try this.

1.Chalice
2.Mercury's
3.Aegis
4/5.Banshee
4/5.Guardian
6.Optional(Frozen Mallet) or w/e you want.

He works great as a tank/support and still can do dmg.
If you have other tanks/support you can have them grab an aegis or what not and you could grab starks or frozen heart depending on your team set up and the other team set up. enjoy

Maleagant

11-03-2009

I still argue that your gimping your income by leveling up SS 1st and focusing on last hitting with it, the benefit is not so great that it can not be made up for with items...

or trivialized anyway, I mean really whats the difference between a 1200 and a 1450 pt SS? your target is going to die fairly rapidly unless your getting stunned and ganked and assuming a ~50% life steal the extra 125 hp is unlikely to make a difference.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

To address some of the obvious problems people have with the build. This'll take a while.

1. Smite and Teleport are an interesting choice, yes. But, the smite stradegy is simple.

Smite -> Siege engine at full health
SS -> Last hit Siege Engine. make money.

Doing this every 75 seconds (and it takes exactly that long for another siege engine to come down path) will make you at least an extra five hundred gold a game, depending on how often you're able to do it. And teleport addresses the same income issue. You stay on lane more often.

2. Flash/Cleanse? Go for it. It hasn't helped that I haven't had access to flash since the last reset, but I already know the advantages of taking it. I support it for this build as an alternative to smite or teleport, whichever you feel is less useful. I'm sure most will think smite.

3. The only time I went up against this kind of Nasus, it was legitimately scary. However, we still won. I was just intruiged by it enough to try it, and though his build was different to a point, it was still the general idea of Smash 'till the game ends.

4. Yes. Nasus can tank. Yes. Nasus can support. Yes. Nasus is countered by Stuns. Every hero is legitimately different. Every hero has it's ups and downs. This build has its ups and downs, point taken.
However, In my humble opinion, Nasus' will never been as effecient in any other role as he is as an Assassin.

Dev Remming

11-03-2009

Isn't every character countered by stuns? Not to be mean to anyone but seeing the many 'he can be countered by stuns or silence' just doesn't cut it for me because to be frank, Unless you are a Tank, STUN WILL COUNTER YOU. I've seen plenty of mages be countered by stun, and What more I've seen a twitch Come out of silence to start shooting me just to have my nearby eve stun him and between the two of us he dies rather quickly just from a 2 second stun (well added in a slow because I was kassadin but same deal).

Point is if you have multiple people on you stun is going to hurt and kill you assuming your not a tank.

If your that worried about stun (and have the levels) I say take Cleanse (definitely since its a low CD) and a flash and your most likely going to get away every time.

Sure this build is a Classic Glass Cannon type and sure Nasus can be played other ways but this build is purely made for Assassin and simply put just raping enemy heros and towers. If you like your Tank or Support build or Relying heavily on Soul Fire then fine go do that, but don't just bash an alternate build just because Its different.

I've seen this build work (hell look at first page one of the first posts was someone saying they went 26/2/10).

These are my opinions at least =/

~D

Bassface

11-03-2009

Went 22/2/12 with this build. Nice ****.

Jonas Sterling

11-05-2009

Thanks Dev, appreciate the wisdom muchly.

ArcticSl0th

11-05-2009

I'd say alot of what's being said against this build is more constructive criticism than simple bashing. The total lack of tools to deal with stuns is a very real flaw to this build. In higher end games a team is bound to have a few stuns and atleast one will be pointed at your head at the start of every fight if letting you run loose means get'n smashed for 1k+ dmg. It's just not reasonable to assume that you can somehow get by without being able to weather atleast one stun. I'd say cleanse ATLEAST is a must but even then, you won't always have it, and it won't;always be one stun.

123456 ... 11