[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N3gotiator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
I find banshees more useful overall because it's got health, mana, and MR, plus spell block so I usually prioritize that against casters. Typically I'll only get FoN as a 3rd tank item against a very caster heavy team (after BV and GA). That's just preference though, FoN is a pretty good item.

I'm not a fan of Warmogs because other situational tank items are more cost effective and generally more effective overall than just stacking HP.
Thanks for the answers!

Wulfy Summon

08-02-2010

Nasus isn't very much of an early game hero, and what you suggest in skills and masteries weakens him further at the time he is already vulnerable. It likely works in pubs, but against people who will actually harass and gank early it will get you killed quickly, then kept from doing much of anything. If they are even doing a somewhat decent job of harassing you (and you have no ability to regen or take damage) you won't come out of early game with even 15 minion kills on your siphoning. You lack decent HP regen and the rare siphoning and direct hit to a minion is not enough to keep you alive against decent players.

This build also keeps him from getting any real power or defense until very very late game. 2935 just to get all the items suggested on the second blue pill, and most of your gold if they are doing their job well is going to be coming from your smite. You wont be getting nearly enough gold and is not very realistic so long as your opponents in that lane are pushing you at all. It is not a matter of being a difficult build as much as it is being very situational. There are far too many situations where this out and out will not work and your team is now not only 4v5 but you have fed your lane.

You also suggest getting one of the best farming skills in the game at an efficient level when you finally hit level 17, which even further blocks your ability to get gold. Your ability to farm is little to none given the order of skills. your lucky to get 1 minion killed per wave, if any at all.

It is not that this is a difficult guide, the idea behind it is to utilize his passive lifesteal, the problem is that it is far too situational and dependent on the other team not knowing how to play to consistently work.

Taokan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Admitedly I'm still @ summoner level 17, where Hyfe's tanky guide is really aimed towards level 30 / ranked play. Nonetheless I have a lot of success building him up as a tank. My early game is usually a bit tricky, sometimes our team even looks like we're losing on paper (team kills / towers downed). But using him as a support tank in team fights after level 11 (his ult at rank 2) brings us victory in all but the most horribly lost early games. It's not unusual for me to have a record like 5-7-18 at the end of a match; his ultimate and staying power weakens enemies to let your assassins come in for double/triple kills, which in turn helps them item up since they often don't farm creeps as easily. A couple team fights like this ending in them running/aced and you knocking over inhibitors, and the game's wrapped up.

With the OP's prescribed build, I can see where you'd go toe-to-toe in a 1v1 and be pretty successful. But I agree with most of the previous posters that your ultimate brought to the team fight is so much more useful if you're built to tank.

Oh, and sheen is awesome:
-it's cheap and helps cover the high mana costs of your SF/Wither.
-the increased damage with SS makes a great burst dent in a tower/champion. Sometimes in the absense of voice chat, simply smashing something hard in the face gives the team some direction where to focus fire.
-the increased damage makes it easier to last hit with SS, contributing to snowballing it into a nice spammable damage move in late game.

Dekar173

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Sterling View Post
.32 damage per rune, = 3 extra damage at level 1.

vs.

1.96 aPr per rune, = 18 aPr at level 1.

Nasus' base damage is 55 at 1. + 3 = 58, after the standard 26 armor of an enemy champion about 40.

Nasus' with 18 armor pen brings the reduction down to something like 9%, hitting champions for about 52.

About a 12 damage difference at level 1.

Same is true for damage/aPr runes over time, the aPr comes out on top.

Attack speed runes will give you the overall greatest DPS yield in the long run. They make you hit 15.3% faster, meaning about 12% extra DPS when all things are taken into account. That's more creep waves, more harassment, easier last hits, faster Qing, faster everything.

aPr is NOT the way to go, a lot of people have just convinced themselves that it is.

phroz3n

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar173 View Post
Attack speed runes will give you the overall greatest DPS yield in the long run. They make you hit 15.3% faster, meaning about 12% extra DPS when all things are taken into account. That's more creep waves, more harassment, easier last hits, faster Qing, faster everything.

aPr is NOT the way to go, a lot of people have just convinced themselves that it is.
I've recently retaken an interest in nasus and started surfing guides for a bit of new insight...
Sorry for reviving dead threads, but I couldn't let this one end with a silly comment like that.This has been debated upon over and over.... people have not convinced themselves that arpen is the way to go, its just that as it stands now arpen runes are the most viable marks per price... for physical dps that is.
15% as will not add 12% dps ! you don't seem to know how dps is calculated.
And to prove my point a bit of mathcraft is due, for referencehttp://leaguecraft.com/strategies/ga...crafting.xhtml
Most values are purely fictional ... but those that matter are dead on.

*RD - real damage after armor reduction
*AS - attack speed
30 base armor / 0.680 base AS / 60 base dmg / 20% AS+mastery / 24 ARPEN + mastery

60 x 0.770 = 46.2 | RD | 20%AS | 30 armor left
0.816 AS - 37.69 dps - the 20% bonus only modifies base AS

60 x 0.944 = 56.64 | RD | 24ARPEN | 6 armor left
0.680 AS - 38.51 dps

another example with 200 dmg / 24arpen / 30armor

200 x 0.770 = 154 | RD
0.816 AS - 125 dps

200 x 0.944 = 188 | RD
0.680 AS - 127 dps

Siphoning Strike / 110 armor / 24 ARPEN / 500 SS dmg
Yes SS is a physical skill and is subject to armor damage reduction.
no arpen
500 x 0.477 = 238 | RD - 596 (crit 250%)

arpen
500 x 0.538 = 269 | RD - 672 (crit)

lastly lets say you "have" spirit fire and starks on the target with 110armor
24 + 40spirit fire(lvl5) + 20starks
500 x 0.784 = 392 | RD - 980 (crit)

Yes, there are many more variables to take into account ... but in general arpen is slightly better, and as for personal preference I'm fine with arpen.

Spectre3

01-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
Were you tired of Nassus beating you and hoped you'd fool us with this guide?

I'm not saying this build isn't any good, but Soul Fire is the best skill we have, and there is no way anyone can convince me that we should not max this first.

With sheen early there is no reason to build SS beyond rank 1 until the end of the game. It gains the same damage per kill regardless of level and with sheen screwing up the last hit even at rank 1 SS means you should play someone or something else.

It's an interesting assassin build, and if the bloodthirsters stack probably makes you almost unkillable, but it isn't for me. I prefer being unkillable the old fashioned MR/Armor way.

Also, why are you getting smite teleport? Wouldn't clense/flash make more sense to make up for the weaknesses? And if you are so focused on last hits with SS why smite improvement?
I disagree, while spirit fire is great for the armor reduction i have had little success with the ability, and besides AP is usless on Nasus. I had a slow start with this build but after some practice I've had great success even against balanced teams this build (with practice) = domination, not to mention with this build i have a 7:1 win ratio on Twisted Treeline and at least an even kill ratio

Lei is Law

08-05-2011

can u please say what the 21-0-9 are i want to use but im kinda new so i dont know where to put does points?

JimmythAhand

08-07-2011

awesome guide!