Update on League of Legends service in NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MPonder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Is there going to be any kind of patch or is it just hardware issues?

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChuckNorris View Post
The tournaments are played via Lan. Make the game available offline for 0 IP rewards. Done, Fixed, now you can give an alternative to this debacle.
Most of the assets for the game are held on Riots end to prevent cheating ect. Dues to that you need to be able to access Riots servers to play and get the other half of the information to play.

p00psh00t

06-22-2012

This patch is the iceberg that is sinking the LoL ship.

Bachstelze

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bearzz View Post
I did a ticket today because i didnt know if i had to or not sorry bout that i lost 98 champs and 51 skins and my friend told me to so i did sorry if i wasted anybodys time on my ticket :/
Nothing wrong with being concered for your content, I have also submitted a ticket over this matter.

Mr Jack X D

06-22-2012

I have been banned due to leaving a 3v3 late game because the service was so horrible at the time - glitchy, yesterday, just after the "BUSY" state had ended and they were allowing players into the game... keep up the good work. Sarcasm.

Master Spamwise

06-22-2012

Sturm, you say this is a database issue at its heart.

That doesn't surprise me. You're using MySql, which costs what? Free. Any of you there ever hear ye old "You get what you pay for" axiom? MySql is great for kiddies, students on a budget, and novice programmers getting their feet wet, but if you went into this thing thinking you had an enterprise-class computing stack, you got sold a bill of goods.

I could help you migrate to a better, more robust, powerful, scalable solution, with massive uptime improvements to boot, but it would cost you. I guarantee you, though, that my fees ($120K a year, + hardware + software + 120,000 RP a year) are CHEAP compared to the amount of money you lost *this week alone.*

Contact me @ clary dot david at gmail. Let's talk. If you're ready for a real database that gives you the kind of power, reliability and performance you've actually promised your customers, you're ready to get the hell away from MySql.

Oh, and everyone else not working at riot? Go read my webcomic. It's hilarious. My mom totally says so.

http://hardhobbittobreak.com/?p=242

SalamiLord

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill Joyy View Post
Sigh the only question i have is wy is there a 2 hour que everytime i try to log into the game i need some lol it helps to relive daliy stress
There is a huge queue because everyone is trying to log in at once.

Imagine the pathway from the internet to the login server is like a pipe, and a couple million people are all trying to jam marbles in that pipe at the same time. Obviously, none would get through and it would just sit there with a bunch of marbles stuck in it.

The queue is like a guy standing there, letting one person at a time, drop a marble into the pipe, to make sure nothing gets stuck and no one can log in. After all, it's better that everyone gets to play eventually, than a few people get to play right now and then no one else does, right?

Orbv

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frameless View Post
Compensation, where?
People should not expect compensation for a free online game. Though some people may buy champions and skins, etc., that is entirely their choice and should have known before the transactions that bad things happen and you have no control over them. If you have had nothing to do in the mean time....think...work out, watch tv, read. Always need a plan C in life.

I appreciate what Riot is doing, but I very much appreciate this more specific public announcement. I hope all goes well, you guys will make the best decision.

Trilobite

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkishallDye View Post
Fine. I want Brave Sir Sheep, and i'll give you the other one, but only if you add me.
Nice people are hard to find.
I will once i can log in hahaha. And brave sir sheep was the better one... Well Cap'n' Sheep will do. and i just got ur name...

AlkalineMetal

06-22-2012

Why patch at all...the last patch hardly changed anything significant to the gameplay. Besides introducing new champions or balancing them, would it be possible to just avoid unnecessary patches?