Update on League of Legends service in NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Death

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
You think this **** would fly at Microsoft?

Riot is a multi million dollar company and they need to start acting like it. They hire their beer buddies instead of competent people, and that's why nothing ever gets done.
Says Tsaalyo. Senior member and guru of all things software, on da' forum updating da' children of his arcane microsoft knowledge.

tldr: You're a dumb ****.

edit: i don't know how you can compare microsoft to riot. Good call...

KryptoGhost

06-24-2012

Quote:

Riot is a multi million dollar company and they need to start acting like it. They hire their beer buddies instead of competent people, and that's why nothing ever gets done.
Microsoft is a business oriented company, Riot is a video game, i dont need to play LOL to pay the rent. i know your upset but there are other games. Been playing CSS while i wait for the queues.

DuctileChris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Just hoping for an update on content restoral. I know it was quoted 24-48 hours, but just wondering how far into the restores for the last 20% of us you are. Thanks Riot!!

Shaytone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Scumbag riot, restores 80% of effected accounts in 12 hours, takes 4 days to restore the other 20%

Bumblebee Jones

06-24-2012

ty and pls get me my runes back asap!

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoGhost View Post
Microsoft is a business oriented company, Riot is a video game, i dont need to play LOL to pay the rent. i know your upset but there are other games. Been playing CSS while i wait for the queues.
You seem to think I'm raging. I'm not. I'm simply stating facts. I've been D3ing during this whole time when I want to game. But your ideology of "well our product isn't necessary for people's lives, so we can be as slow and incompetent as we want" is just ludicrous. LoL may not be necessary for OUR rent, but it kind of is for Tryndamere's. I do wonder why he refuses to act like it, and instead chooses to surround himself with people who take 3+ years to get replays done, 1+ years to get stealth done, and who never, ever seem to be able to patch anything without breaking something else.

I know you downvoters love to whiteknight and appreciate the people who have been working hard to fix the mistake they made, but it's time you admitted that the current staff at Riot involved in updating the game are just plain incompetent.

Histava

06-24-2012

Quote:

yeah because drinking beer meets the requirements for a job there, which is listed right under all the high requirements they listed under open jobs.

Pengent

06-24-2012

Quote:

Have you ever looked or used any other Operating system besides Windows? Such as Linux, Unix, and of the BSD platforms, or SUN. Windows is full of more bugs, glitches, instability, security gaps, and problems that make this hiccup Riot is facing seem like a quiz problem at a community college.

Integuraru

06-24-2012

direct quote from league banner:

"we are performing maintenance to resolve current issues. there may be a brief disruption of our service."

DuctileChris

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengent View Post
Have you ever looked or used any other Operating system besides Windows? Such as Linux, Unix, and of the BSD platforms, or SUN. Windows is full of more bugs, glitches, instability, security gaps, and problems that make this hiccup Riot is facing seem like a quiz problem at a community college.
This made me LOL so hard