Low elo? @700ish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fr33f4ll

06-22-2012

Quick question. Please dont troll.
I am trying my hardest to learn how to play ranked league of legends.
I started 2-0 and got to 1250ish in the 5v5 bracket. Then my 9 year old son logged in and played. He dropped me down to 900ish. (didnt win a game). Since then i have done everything I can to get back up but I have the worst luck. It seems I get all the DC'rs, afkr's, and ragers. at one point I had to win a game 3v3...

My question is simple, which roll should i play (top, jungle, mid, bot or bot support) to help get myself out of this hole? I can play all but love to jungle. Or, is this even a legitmate question? Is it all just luck? cause if so, im screwed.

thanks for serious answers.

Seethman

06-22-2012

Cool name.
As for ranked, I don't do it--but I have been reading forums about it for several months now, and every single person that presented themselves seriously indicated that you need to be flexible, build according to team, and dig through a lot of garbage. Then keep going.

I know that isn't terribly helpful! But good luck anyway.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

I first started i got past 1300. Then one day i went on a terrible losing streak... like 13 in a row i think. Point is, i got to like 600 elo at some point. I noticed i was not really "caring" or paying as much attention as i should, so i did a bit or research...

I got to 1100 (back to 900, but been a little careless again) soloing top. I think there are a lot of champs that can carry hard top if fed. I personally used Rumble a lot... then once i got bored i used lux a lot in mid.

I tihnk its possible to get out.. u just gotta be patient (unlike me sometimes, but i try to stay patient).. you wont win every match because you are "determined" or are really "good", i think thats almost impossible no matter how good you are, but you will begin to see an improvement... say win 4 of 6? that will help ur elo a lot.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

1. Don't rage
2. Don't Argue
3. Buy wards
4. Don't build glass cannon
5. Learn all roles

now you are at least 1200.

ProPlayerEd

06-22-2012

Quote:
1. Don't rage
2. Don't Argue
3. Buy wards
4. Don't build glass cannon
5. Learn all roles

now you are at least 1200.
Also in the low ELOs, they have a tendency to surrender when the odds are really against them like 20 to 4.
Mid lane and Jungle are known to very good in the low ELOs mainly because they can interact with the map the most.

Mid lane can go and gank top or bot lane because he's in the middle, while the Jungler is supposed to help any lane in trouble.

It would be also good to play champs with very strong early game power like leblanc because if you keep pub-stomping there mid ( lets say) then you can tell that the enemy team will be saying, "GG Noob Mid -_-" and may just surrender when the time comes.

Gl and Hf in Ranked!

margalolwut

06-22-2012

i agree with the above^

only thing i will say, is that sometimes when you think there is a bad streak that is NOT in your favor, STOP.

ive noticed some sort of unlucky trend (on my side at least)... one time i got 4 afks in a ROW (lost them all since my team had already given up mentally before anything happened). Like from start to finish; it was not the same person afking, it was just odd.. i decided to stop for a few hours.. when i started again, i won 3 in a row.

You gotta realize sometimes you will get the feeders or the AFKs, it comes with the territory.

Anti1460

06-22-2012

i would also find a good player to duo queue with. having one less ****** on your team helps alot

UghhWhyyy

06-22-2012

The best way to get up to 1250 or so easily, cause people below 1250 are really bad, is use AP sion, on my first account ever (Yaksidn) I was 850 elo and a noob, I made a new account this one and got a hang of the game, and I used SION!!! AP SION and got from 850 - 1500 with him in 2 weeks. Hes beefy, does alot of dmg and if you roam and you can help your entire team get kills so they dont rage quit.

DD DoubleDiamond

06-22-2012

Learn how to jungle twitch.

MonkeOfBeckenham

06-22-2012

My advice is just to try and avoid joining ranked games where someones 9 yr old son is playing and hhence ruining the game for everyone else