Stealing gold from your lane mate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

One thing about being a support champ is that you don't perform well by yourself. Additionally, you usually don't have much in term of damage dealing. It's really hard to compete with DPSers for last hit, since they hit faster, harder, and often has good farming skill.

We can help you perform better, and when we do, you use that extra performance to steal all our gold, which prevents us from getting the required items to be useful.

So please, please, please consider leaving some last hit for the friendly person watching your back.

PS. Please don't run away from us when we try to heal you. For once, we're not lying about attempting to heal someone.

Pieceofcandy

11-02-2009

I'm making a note here.

Mylar

11-02-2009

When I'm ranged and have a melee lanemate, i start shooting the stuff at the back of the wave and let the melee have the close ones, that way we both get gold.

When I'm melee and have a ranged lanemate, invariably they shoot whatever is low health, including switching off shooting their current target to take the last hit on something i have swung at 2 or 3 times already.

Yeah, people are *******s.

Pigsticker

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
One thing about being a support champ is that you don't perform well by yourself. Additionally, you usually don't have much in term of damage dealing. It's really hard to compete with DPSers for last hit, since they hit faster, harder, and often has good farming skill.

We can help you perform better, and when we do, you use that extra performance to steal all our gold, which prevents us from getting the required items to be useful.

So please, please, please consider leaving some last hit for the friendly person watching your back.

PS. Please don't run away from us when we try to heal you. For once, we're not lying about attempting to heal someone.
This public service announcement has been paid for by the Soroka and Taric Children's Foundation.

But srsly, it goes both ways. I've played games with Morg and laned with support champs that would wait til my AoE brought the entire wave down low and then used starfall/shatter to last hit all of it. Again and again.

Anyway you slice it, DPS is more item dependent then support. Thats pretty much why carries exist. But everyone needs gold, so spread the wealth.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

If only everyone could come to that realization. I try to hit the guys in front to soften them up for melee, then switch to back line when I am range as well. So it really tick me off when the carry decided he's the only one that matters.

TMTurtle

11-02-2009

I make it a point, as Kassadin, when I have a pet Soroka, to use Force Pulse to weaken the wave of enemies so that she can Starfall all of them down. It's not an effective strategy early on, but by level 7 or so I can start feeding waves of gold as a thank you.

Morzas

11-02-2009

When I play 100% support Soraka, I just buy lots of Heart of Gold and let my lane partner get the last hits.

Bloodba7h

11-02-2009

Just get better at last hitting. If you can't steal more than your lane mate then you have to try harder.

Iskar

11-02-2009

If your carry is getting all the last hits then things are going just fine.

If it's a pub game and your carries are terrible just get better at last hitting.

Xocolatl

11-02-2009

The problem is once I start last hitting (as Janna, my EotS boost my base attack by 20-ish, so it's not quite as hard as I made it sounded earlier), then it's an all out war on my own teammate. I start driving him further behind the enemy line without armor on him, putting him at more risk. It's just counterproductive to compete with your own lane mate to get the gold.
What's the point of not playing nice with your own teammate? If they melee could be satisfy with his own stuff, then I can shield him up to make sure he doesn't take damage, and we can all farm in relative safety. We can even spend our excess mana harassing the enemies.