Dear riot, your matchmaking/elo/league system sucks, and heres why i think that

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iroko

07-23-2014

So I've come to the realization that the entire matchmaking,elo, and league systems are as far away from good as they could possibly be.
I'm not a great player I simply get by, but when im stuck in silver 1 and im playing players in gold 1-5 thats the first sign that this entire system is just plain bad. I simply cannot understand how you can have a league system with end of the season awards and have the leagues in no part be a division of elo rating. So if I'm good enough to play with gold players i should be gold.
If a person is currently in a silver league they should play other players that are in the silver league. I absolutely cant even put into words how frustrating matchmaking/elo/leagues are in this game. I cannot wrap my mind around a company that usually gets most other things correct could be so far off on such a simple concept.
In any other game with competitive play you dont start at the lowest play a bunch of games stay in the lowest bracket but play players from another bracket that just doesnt make sense. That just means youll stay exactly where you are.
Another example would be the fact that it would seem there is a ton of luck involved in actually moving up ranks/placement. I have lolkinged players from my games that are 15-30 wins under breaking even(40 wins 70 losses as an example)and yet they are still in a higher league. Yet I have for the most part stayed above a positive w/l ratio and not seeing any progression at all. How is it that someone who can lose most of their games stays in a higher league, doesnt that just suggest that they are not correctly placed in the matchmaking, wouldnt correct matchmaking be the one that places you in an equal amount of wins and losses.
Im rambling and probably went off on too many tangents due to the incredible amount of frustration this game is causing me in ranked play.

Here2Stay

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroko View Post
im stuck in silver 1 and im playing players in gold 1-5 thats the first sign that this entire system is just plain bad.
No it isn't. You can't say "I'm silver so I should be matched with silvers." That means that you will forever be silver. You have to get matched with golds to see if you do well and if you can win against them. If golds too challenging, you will stay silver until you get good enough to win games that have gold players in them.,

Whoa There Betsy

07-23-2014

#SilverLogic

xXBig BullyXx

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa There Betsy View Post
#SilverLogic
:'(

Udjat

07-23-2014

Is it just me or is Betsy getting lazier these days?

PonderousSeaLion

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiterDeVries View Post
Is it just me or is Betsy getting lazier these days?
Agreed