4v5, 3v5 Defeats, fair? I think not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackRabbitSlimz

06-22-2012

I don't understand how 4v5 or 3v5 is a fair defeat and shows as a defeat when people quit before the game even starts. Lately its all the time. Today it was 3 games in a row. There should be some kind of an option to restart and pick up a pug to fill the void so that if we do in fact lose its a fair fight at least. If you look at my game history you can see there are a ton of leaves for those admins who can view it. Perhaps being more strict on the 'leave' status? I'm getting pretty tired of my match history being littered with these bad games that do not at all reflect how I play. I don't even want to play ranked at the moment due to leaves...Is there anything being done about this or can there be? If so I'll start a vote. Please advise. Unless I'm just being a total cry baby about the entire thing..But I doubt I'm the only person this is happening to.

Shottymaster

06-22-2012

Happens to everyone. Everyone goes through it at one time or another, the most common solution is to deal with it. It's BS, but you really have no say in the matter unless you play with a premade team or people you can trust to not AFK/leave.

Kalidascope

06-22-2012

Honestly this is why I am behind doing a ban of people over a set amount of ping. Typically when people are over a certain amount of ping you can expect one of two things they are behind, so they are bad or they disconnect and leave ruining your team. As far as the AFKers go, I wish there was some sort of system in place where people could que for games already happening, and the team could vote early on when they see an AFK or DC character and vote to remove that character and bring in a new person.

Kalidascope

06-22-2012

it is ultimately frustrating though. There are ways to fix this issue, it just seems to be ignored in order to get more people to play the game / buy skins etc. I'm not saying its a bad thing for this game to make money, its a good game, i love and enjoy playing it, but this is the biggest downside to the game and I'm sure more dedicated players would come about if their first 20 games weren't full of people disconnecting and afking.

xCry0x

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabbitSlimz View Post
There should be some kind of an option to restart.
Then people would quit every time they didnt get first blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabbitSlimz View Post
and pick up a pug to fill the void so that if we do in fact lose its a fair fight at least.
How would this ever work? 20 minutes into the game someone quits and some poor guy is auto joined into the game at lvl 1 with 0 cs?

Would you ever want to join a game to a team that is already losing? I would not.

The majority of times I see someone leave a game it is because the team is getting owned and they are mad that the team wont surrender. Riot bans players that leave frequently so there is already a large incentive to not leave games often.

I do not leave games but at the same time I understand where the desire comes from. If I have a horrible round and go 0-5 in lane I might want to quit. At the same time if another lane goes 5-0 then I figure it is even and we can still pull through. Moral of the story? If someone is doing poorly and getting to a point where they might rage quit, try to pick up the slack and show them you can still win. Winning a team fight goes a long ways towards team moral.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

This is why I like dota2. If you get a ragequitter you can leave without penalty.

Also everyone loads before the match starts so if somebody can't connect the match does not start.

Lol could make a cpl changes and be a real threat to dota

Versix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
Lol could make a cpl changes and be a real threat to dota
They're already a huge threat to dota...

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemethltyde View Post
They're already a huge threat to dota...
I'm interested in why you think this is the case.
;
Here are my points:
Dota2 has:
Superior matching. No need to waste time on a game when a player doesn't connect it doesn't start.

Superior patching: no server downtime just reload game and easy f a s t patch through steam.

Superior login: no login queue

Free to play: all heros are unlocked and free

Voice chat:integrated and its easy to mute. Have not seen a single troll.

Not wasting an hour: if somebody ragequits you can leave. No penalty.

I see so many threads complaining about the above in lol and people saying they want them. Well aparantly valve reads this forum more than riot.

How come its so easy to troll in lol? Pretty much non existant in dota2...

Zachyveng

06-22-2012

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Dota 2 still in its beta form? Not too many trolls in betas usually, at least that's been my experience /shrug.

Lynntaite

06-22-2012

It simply isn't fair, the other team may find it fair but their just too happy over their victory to even care about your defeat.. but it happens to everyone I'm sure you'll get used to it.

- Although it would be quite annoying in ranked matches.