Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

08-06-2012

I do hope so because she really needs better options to play as more roles, as Riot seems to want to emphasize "variety" in build and role. Sure, Blitzcrank doesn't do too well in the variety aspect either, but at least he can do it better than Leona.

RoyceMelborn

08-06-2012

bump
My favorite change to leona so far has been to give leona something when sunlight is procced like health regn or cdr. Also letting sunlight stack but reducing the duration would be good. It is pretty hard to try to chain a combo but wait for someone else to proc your sunlight (mind you that in only 2 situations will the enemy be stunned for at most 2.75secs total in a perfect world and no tenacity).

Onolicious

08-08-2012

Free bump. Please decrease the cast time or increase the animation and missile speed of Zenith Blade.

SuHeLoTuFa

08-08-2012

the passive remake idea of yours sounds like brand's passive

ninbushido

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuHeLoTuFa View Post
the passive remake idea of yours sounds like brand's passive
It's similar, but it's a stacking DoT that can be detonated by an ally with direct damage for the remaining duration of the damage, per stack. So basically if each stack does 1 damage per second, and it has been applied three times by Leona's spells, it will keep refreshing itself after three stacks, all 3 stacks combined doing 3 damage per second over a certain amount of time, let's say 3 seconds, so 9 damage in all. If, after 1 second has passed, and an ally autoattacks the target, the marks will detonate doing 6 damage (remaining duration 2 seconds).

It's like a combination of Twitch's and Lux's passives.

Ricky Sexbang

08-08-2012

bumpity bump

ReaperFan

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
- Allow Leona to proc her passive only on minions and jungle minions, for 50-75% depending on modified values to prevent her from becoming OP in the jungle with superior wave-clearing speeds. In my honest opinion I don't even think full passive damage values with Leona would make her jungling OP anyways, considering she will take her W at level 1 for the armor and AoE damage. It gives her 1 passive proc on each monster at Wolves and Wraiths, possibly 2 at Small Golems, and about 3-5 at the Blue and Red buffs. Considering Eclipse's cooldown, it won't make her jungle extremely fast in any way, but it would only make her viable for jungling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
- Have Leona's ult work similar to Lux's ult, in that if they are debuffed with Sunlight, Solar Flare will trigger the debuff and re-apply it again. Or, just have her ultimate place a 7 second debuff on targets if, when the ultimate hit them, they were debuffed with her passive, that they will take 8% increased damage from Leona, and 4% increased damage from allied team members of Leona.
These two are the things I most agree with, though if they were to be implemented at all they shouldn't be implemented at the same time, just one or the other. I should also note that the second one I only partially agree with. Rather than have it be an additional effect of her ultimate, I feel it should be a self-serving part to her passive. Said another way:

Targets afflicted with Sunlight take X% increased damage from Leona. (the part about her passive where allies proc it for bursts should still stay)

This would help Leona go somewhere besides bot lane by helping her jungling as well as solo top potential, but it wouldn't hurt her bot lane performance as you'd still be getting the allied-triggered damage from her passive.

ninbushido

08-08-2012

As of now I like the passive stacking DoT and E passive enhancing auto attacks suggestions made in a post a few pages back.

ninbushido

08-10-2012

Any way Reds can look at this...? -.-

Agamemnon2589

08-11-2012

I sure wouldn't mind a buff to Leona. I used to main her once upon a time, and I loved playing her, but outside of being the bot lane support there wasn't really anything I could do. And unless I've got one of my buddies on Skype, I don't play bot. So poor Leona gets left by the wayside rather often. Please, Riot, where is the love? D':