Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Ash

07-20-2012

I'm all for any of these ideas being implemented. Thank you so much for your post. Something really should be done in order to make Leona more viable.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2364207

RamboJeezus

07-22-2012

What problems would changing all of her abilities to scale off AD present? It seems like it would make sense considering on of her abilities she just whacks them with her shield that does auto attack dmg + bonus magic dmg, in addition she throws a sword at people, hardly magical...

Anyway, what if her passive did true damage instead of magical damage? Corkis does, and Twitchs does. So i can't imagine this would be horridly overpowered and it would contribute GREATLY to her viability in late game team fights. Letting her proc her own passive would be great in addition to this, however it could be seen as overpowered.

Torleil

07-22-2012

Leona was one of my first champs, and I agree with almost everything in this thread. She's great early game as an aggressive support, but she's pointless anywhere else. Giving her some way to actually deal damage on her own like the Zenith blade passive suggestion would be amazing, but increasing her CC at all would make her borderline OP earlygame, especially with how many champs are weak early on. Eclipse could use a boost as well, it does seem a bit weak late game, and making its resists scale with AP would make building some on her a lot more viable for pure tank builds, even with her current ratios.

Keitterman

07-22-2012

I like suggestions that make her considerably more tanky. Someone made a suggestion of shortening her CD on eclipse to 6 seconds.

This would be so that if she hits someone, she can reactivate it by the time it falls off. This would help her pulse out her passive so it's more present, would add 70 MR/armor which is pretty good but not really OP, would give her more dmg and a lot more sustain if she were to do anything but 0CS support, and would add an element of consideration when using her abilities because she would oom if she's spamming eclipse

BBFSmokedCayenne

07-22-2012

her passive should be applied to enemies from her basic attacks, not abilities

ninbushido

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torleil View Post
increasing her CC at all would make her borderline OP earlygame, especially with how many champs are weak early on
I mentioned scaling CC duration, like her Q stun becoming 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds duration. this would make her more viable late game and not OP early game.

And if you're talking about CC being OP then you totally forgot about Nautilus.

ninbushido

08-03-2012

It's amazing how Riot can release Diana, related to Leona, similar to Leona, yet A WHOLE FREAKING LOT STRONGER THAN LEONA. Better ratios, good abilities, freaking amazing passive...and Leona is still left in her current state. Sure, Amumu got nerfed in his ratios, but he's still very much viable and 3 of his ratios are still higher than Leona's.

Ricky B0bby

08-03-2012

bump for Leona

Baconbot3000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I think that a reasonable buff would be to increase the stun-radius on her ultimate as she levels it, nothing too major. Something along the lines of 75-100 increase at levels 2 and 3 (275-300 at level 2 and 350-400 at level 3). This would increase her effectiveness later in the match allowing her to lock down a group of clumped enemies much more effectively later into the match. The logic behind this scaling is that she is already a strong presence at bot lane at level 6 and an increase in the stun AOE would be guaranteed kills every-time her ultimate was up providing she had a strong bot lane partner (Graves, Tristana, Vayne) .

Franky Footloose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I strongly suspect we'll see a Leona rework soon, given Diana's frequently stated role as a foil for Leona.