Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eydolon

10-31-2012

the probem about a self activated passive is that it would be LUX `PASSIVE and even when it will help her a lot, riot has stated before thay they want her to rely on her teammates to proc it.... so yeah because of that i ignore this suggestion, its a lost cause

RockJockey

10-31-2012

Even if Leona still needs a mate to proc her passive, Leona could use some minor buffs or tweaks to make transition into lategame better.

Aurasai

11-01-2012

I see no problem if Leona has a Lux passive, that can allso be activated by other people. There are a LOT of skills wich are shared between champions and have the same/very similar effects. Leona is the only "tank" in the game that can't handle a 1v1 situation and is locked in a single lane due to her damned passive, apart of being an amazing ganker if she would be anywhere other than bot. True it will help Leona deal more damage at start vs someone when alone, but she would still be very far from the early game unstoppable force that can smash everything in the way. It will not change her role as a support in any way, as it doesn't really matter if the passive is activated by Leona or someone else... it does the same amount of damage.

Leona's current problems:
locked in a single lane - wich results into lack of gold for being a tank lategame (give Alistar for example... even if you build mana reg and... AD?! on him he will still be more tanky than Leona ever will due to his ult, and will do higher damage than her. And let's be hones, the reason for his ban is usually when Alistar is a jungler... at least in the EUNE server)
lack of sustain in any way, shape or form - the reason for the small heal on the passive (ive seen a few games in wich Leona builds a vampiric scepter for this exact same reason), this will allso be very helpfull if Leona is at bot lane, due to her required risky and agressive playstyle, and lategame as a support between the teamfights
very bad lategame damage - add a rate on the passive that either requires items you need, or allows experimentation with builds (see my example with mid Leona i said few hours ago), it is not even a direct boost to Leona's damage but to everyone activating it
very bad damage on her own - activate her passive... problem solved
-lack of choice is in itself a problem-
I think the question is no longer "what if Leona can activate her passive?", but "why not?"

P.S. sorry if i am making mistakes in my posts, my home language is something many of you would consider as "Russian" and i never actually studied English. Hopefully not many grammar nazis here

RockJockey

11-01-2012

I wish she had some AD scaling abilities, considering she wields a sword in all.

Fargo79

11-01-2012

no grammar nazis here.. just SOUP Nazis.. " No SOUP FOR YOU... ONE MONTH!!"

Aurasai

11-01-2012

I've gone through the thread again and we basicly all agree on the same things, so i don't feel like we need to repeat the same sentances with different words constantly.
My suggestion is we ALL agree (or atleast as a majority) on 1 or 2 concepts for any possible Leona tweak. After we agree on it, each and everyone who wants any change to be made to send a request to Riot with the "possible tweak" and a link to this thread ( https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home what i am speaking of).
This is not only to the people posting here alone, but to everyone who reads this topic, or agrees a change should be made!

Here is a quote to my suggested change:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
Leona's spells charge any enemy unit damaged with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When Leona or allied champions deal any damage to those targets they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal <10+5*level+0,2*(armor+mres)> OR <10+5*level+0,2*AP> additional magic damage, healing nearby alies for <passive damage*0,2> (healing from creeps is reduced by 50%). This additional damage is counted as the ally's damage and it will benefit from their magic penetration.
I allso liked the concept with the stacking DoT on passive and passive damage from E too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post

Sunlight (Passive)

Suggested

Leona's damaging spells affect the target with Sunlight, dealing 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 (increasing every 2 levels) over 3.5 seconds. This affect can stack up to 3 times. When allied champions deal damage to those targets, they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal additional magic damage equal to the remaining affect.

This lets the designers cling to the faulted concept of wanting her abilities to promote "team play" when LoL is already a team based game and the same concept is not applied to ANY champ in the game. But it would then give her the ability to solo/jungle so that she's not left in the pigeon hole she currently is in as aggressive quasi-tank support for bot lane.

Zenith Blade (E)

Suggested

Passive: Leona's basic attacks deal 10/20/30/40/50 + 20% of AP bonus magic damage. This affect does not apply Sunlight.

Active: Leona projects a solar image of her sword, dealing magic damage to all enemies in a line. When the image fades, the last enemy champion struck will be briefly immobilized and Leona will dash to them.

Again a small buff to address the fact that outside of her cooldowns, Leona does no damage. Again combined with the suggested change to her passive, would allow her to be a viable solo/jungle choice without overpowering the things about her that make her good in Bot lane.

RockJockey

11-01-2012

Better to keep the thread alive and continuing to get views so Riot notices.

More views and posts = More likely Riot notices

Fargo79

11-03-2012

Bump to keep it alive....

Unluckyrican

11-04-2012

liiiiive so she can get buffed sometime soon

Rule665

11-04-2012

I have an idea!

Here is what you do, keep her passive exactly how it is. If an Ally triggers the damage effect from Leona's passive, Leona is also healed for a certain amount. If Leona's passive is refreshed on an enemy(s) before it fades, she is healed for a lesser amount

What do you think?

Edit: appears this may have already been suggested in some way, shape or form but whatever.