Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eydolon

10-29-2012

nice thread thsi is.

An idea i have said before:
-Every sunlight proc reduces all the cooldown skills of leona a little
or
-Every sunlight proc increases leonas dmg of autoattacks or gives her more resistances.

and my favorite- Leona´s passive now stacks with domonishing returns.

Ideas i loved from this thread:
-The zenith blade doing more dmg as a passive in autoattacks,

BUmp.

Aurasai

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydolon View Post
-Every sunlight proc reduces all the cooldown skills of leona a little
or
-Every sunlight proc increases leonas dmg of autoattacks or gives her more resistances.
Feedback and new ideas are allways good.
However Leona's passive must remain with the same purpose as before, regardless of being activated by someone else or herself.
However imo the reduce cooldown scenario will make her Q an endless stun.
About the 2nd example, direct damage over damage on autoattack is more reliable and serves the same purpose, while a small heal will be of much greater benefit than additional ressistance, as Leona has a sustain problem.

Eydolon

10-29-2012

if leonas selling point is her supposed CC prowess, i dont find anything wrong with her using more her stun....and alsoe when i say a little is something like 0.25 per proc or something

Fargo79

10-29-2012

i had this discussion with a friend and he is convinced that she doesnt need any reworks or touch ups... i argued that she was brought into the game as a tank to disrupt and intiate team fights... but now she has been stuck in the support role when besides her CC has nothing to offer as a support.. no heals, shields for teammates or buff for teammates.. which is in fact all the traits that makes any form of support... she is a meat shield to take the hits for the ADC..

if they even made it so her passive could be triggered by her (Like Lux) then she could go into any role in the game.. Top, MId, Jungle and yes support..

back to my original point.. my friend went top as Leona vs a Jax.. he did ok considering it was a jax.. however he did have assistance from our jungler and their other teams jungler was almost never where he should have been.. he finished with a 4/4/10 record.. we lost the overall game but that ist the point..

he said she is viable any where.. my point was if she is viable any where how come u only see her as a suppot role champ??

IMO "Viable" means the champ can do a role and do it well.. not she do a role and just get by..

like someone else said... i hope Leona gets some sort of love in Season 3... i enjoy playing her but i dont enjoy always having to use her in a support role...

Aurasai

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo79 View Post
if they even made it so her passive could be triggered by her (Like Lux) then she could go into any role in the game.. Top, MId, Jungle and yes support..

back to my original point.. my friend went top as Leona vs a Jax.. he did ok considering it was a jax.. however he did have assistance from our jungler and their other teams jungler was almost never where he should have been.. he finished with a 4/4/10 record.. we lost the overall game but that ist the point..

he said she is viable any where.. my point was if she is viable any where how come u only see her as a suppot role champ??

IMO "Viable" means the champ can do a role and do it well.. not she do a role and just get by..

like someone else said... i hope Leona gets some sort of love in Season 3... i enjoy playing her but i dont enjoy always having to use her in a support role...
I did a similar test against Olaf, on the short end at first you can do pretty well, if you don't step in the enemy side of the lane (I even managed to get 2 kills at start). However later on the gold/champion differance becomes too much for you to handle. Having 1 less skill than annyone else (considering the passive as a skill) is a huge downside. You can still be countered pretty hard at top lane, and with the lack of sustain you are not very effective at farming safely either. Basicly if you are at top lane to benefit of having all the creeps on the lane for yourself you need to take items you don't need later on. The self activation passive makes farming easier, gives you the sustain boost that you desperately need and gives you a bit of a damage boost to actually stay in top lane.
With the passive change the thing i am focusing more on is jungling. Leona's skills are just perfect for ganking, but with her current passive (or lack of one) it takes half the game to finish the jungle camps.

Eydolon

10-31-2012

Zenith blade doing passive damage in autoattacks sounds very cool. It could be like a burning effect or something..
That and her passive stacking sounds sexy as hell too.

Maybe if minions could proc ur passive you would not be as teammate dependant in lane?.

Those 3 changes and she would be perfect for me.....

RockJockey

10-31-2012

Leona's passive procing = Cooldown

=)

Unfortunately, Leona does not scale at all with AD, which I think should be her focus (considering she waves a huge sword around all the time)
Going AP is generally not a good idea, not enough damage generally. (Unless you are Tsunamiex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUl0DcjwzUA&feature=plcp)

Soviet Swain Approves Leona Buffs
-Rockjockey

Fargo79

10-31-2012

that was an impressive mid laning Leona.. however that ez was a moron..never learnt his lesson and got caught everytime..

im fine with even them making a small change to her passive where she can activate it... that way i can use her in top and mid lanes without having to sorry about damage output..
funny thing though... my zenith blade looks like it hits them but i dont jump to them.. kinda like blitz fist grab.. its wierd... but in this clip it clearly looks like its coming up short and yet she is jumping to him... maybe its just my connection but i do have a decent connection..

Aurasai

10-31-2012

well, changing the concept of Leona's passive in my opinion is a very bad idea, as even if not effective in any way to Leona herself, her passive is extremely helpfull, especially early game
A few different viewpoints to the passive:
-a different effect to passive depending on who will activate it (Leona or an ally) will be too chaotic and unreliable
-a cooldown reduction to the skills may be nice, however max cdr and Q has a incredibly low cooldown (even at 40 % cdr atm Leona's cooldowns are pretty short)... however add a teamfight with AOEs and people activating your passive... all of Leona's skills become spammable and Q becomes and endless stun. Even if that is fixed with diminishing returns, it changes the whole concept of the passive, and her early game power - the reason many people play Leona.
-if Leona can activate her own passive you are no longer getting lost stacks (if you use Q exactly after E you no longer lose 1 sunlight stack) wich is actually improving her overall damage in a fight. Everyone hates a target escaping at 10 hp as you didn't hold back on activating Q exactly after E.
-the example i gave with a stacking damage on sunlight based on mres and armor OR AP:
both ways improve your overall damage, not directly to you but to everyone who activates the passive. With the mres+armor example you get improved damage with items you actually need. With a AP rate on the passive, as low as it may be you actually may consider to sacrifice a bit of defence to increase your damage, a 5th AP rate may actually prove an AP build as viable, or at least allow some experimentation
-about the minion example: it is VERY unreliable as you can't controll the target of the minion. In my point of view, if everyone, including a brainless pile of walking gold can activate my passive, but not me, it would be quite "insulting".
-the passive damage on autoattacks on Zenith blade is about the same as having either higher damage on her passive that Leona can activate on her own or a stackable rate on the damage of the passive (with the same rule)

P.S.I just did a game with Leona at mid vs Diana. I got countered very hard due to her significantly higher damage output and early survivabillity (turret was nearly lost at the 8th min). However due to a few ganks by me and the jungler, i did somehow managed to get to 10 kills (about the same assists too) by the end of the game. Tried to do a tanky AP build that seemed to have worked (about 300 AP a Lich Bane and 3k health vs a very squishy team). In a normal pub game i would say Leona on mid isn't something too bad, but still not something you would take to replace Zyra, Ahri or my "favorite fallen angel", as she isn't a carry, just a misplaced(?) tank. I think if she can activate her own passive and she has a 5th AP rate on it, tanky AP Leona on mid will definetly be a viable option, even sharing a playstyle with her nemesis Diana!

Fargo79

10-31-2012

bottom line is i want her to be able to handle herself in all roles... and atm she is VERY limited to what her options are.. one amazing thing is she can almost guarentee a gank on anyone who doesnt have a ward to see her coming... her lock down is sweet for ganks... but like i have said in the past... she does lack that 1v1 power that most tanks have...