Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurasai

Member

10-07-2012

Leona's spells charge any enemy unit damaged with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When Leona or allied champions deal any damage to those targets they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal <10+5*level+0,2*(armor+mres)> OR <10+5*level+0,2*AP> additional magic damage, healing nearby alies for <passive damage*0,2> (healing from creeps is reduced by 50%). This additional damage is counted as the ally's damage and it will benefit from their magic penetration.

So any thoughts on this (about the concept... not the rates!)?

P.S. still sleepy from a long night... accidently deleted my old post while trying to edit it XD... may repost it later
The EUNE thread: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...431104&page=27 from where it started


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFisterRoboto

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I've often thought that Leona's passive needs a big rework. Here's my idea:

In addition to applying the sunlight debuff as normal, any enemies with sunlight deal some % less damage to leona (maybe around 10-20%). This would really help her sustain and let her stay in team fights, maximizing her CC uptime.

Or something like this:

If leona uses another ability on a target with sunlight debuff, that ability gets an automatic 20-50% CD reduction (maybe not for solar flare, but for her Q W and E this would be nice). This would really up her CC/utility, the more abilities she used the more her abilities would come off CD, this way you don't have to up the damage on her abilities, shes just dishing out more due to using them more.

Great thread, I hope Leona gets some love here in season 3!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurasai

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisterRoboto View Post
I've often thought that Leona's passive needs a big rework. Here's my idea:

In addition to applying the sunlight debuff as normal, any enemies with sunlight deal some % less damage to leona (maybe around 10-20%). This would really help her sustain and let her stay in team fights, maximizing her CC uptime.

Or something like this:

If leona uses another ability on a target with sunlight debuff, that ability gets an automatic 20-50% CD reduction (maybe not for solar flare, but for her Q W and E this would be nice). This would really up her CC/utility, the more abilities she used the more her abilities would come off CD, this way you don't have to up the damage on her abilities, shes just dishing out more due to using them more.

Great thread, I hope Leona gets some love here in season 3!
The less damage to Leona example won't really be any effective as sunlight tend to stay from about half a second.
Different effects depending on who hits the target be it Leona or someone else will make the passive too random and 1 side will need to hold back on attacking depending on scenario wich will be very impractical.
With 40% cdr and additional cdr to passive... will make Leona's Q one endless stun.

The example i am giving is focused on 3 areas:
-allowing Leona to choose her lane, while still keeping her botlane support role unchanged
-is Leona really a support lategame, or just an unviable tank? The passive gives a small heal that may help the team in some situations... while offering some sustainabillity (much lower than any healer support) to the whole team, and a much needed sustainabillity for herself betwean the fights
-improving Leona's damage output... while not improving her damage alone. It gives damage to whoever triggers the passive. Half of the damage from passive is allso lost to untriggered stacks of sunlight, that would be otherwise lost to Leona from not holding back on using her skills. If she can trigger her own passive you can consider this as a indirect improvement to the damage done by her spells. On another perspective it doesn't really matter if Leona or someone else triggers the passive... it will still do the same amount of damage (excluding mpen... wich barely makes any differance)... so enemies are not taking more damage than they would have taken before (considering all stacks are triggered). Rates on the passive will further increase the build variety.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estred Shantile

Senior Member

10-07-2012

CDR caps around 40% so that extra CDR on your proposed passive would do nothing to a Cooldown built Leona which would make other items more appealing sometimes. Many times I see Senior Members downtalking to regular or junior members quickly dissmissing their ideas as "unresearched" or just a new guy "QQing" because he lost. Some of these juniors have good ideas I think it would be interesting to see a form of ally heal on the debuff it would indeed help a team stay in there longer AND make leona have additional support beyond just a s(t)un-bot, sorry that pun was bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurasai

Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estred Shantile View Post
CDR caps around 40% so that extra CDR on your proposed passive would do nothing to a Cooldown built Leona which would make other items more appealing sometimes. Many times I see Senior Members downtalking to regular or junior members quickly dissmissing their ideas as "unresearched" or just a new guy "QQing" because he lost. Some of these juniors have good ideas I think it would be interesting to see a form of ally heal on the debuff it would indeed help a team stay in there longer AND make leona have additional support beyond just a s(t)un-bot, sorry that pun was bad.
About that... i am from the East and Nordic Europe forums, so its basicly my 3rd post here (this thread is the exact same purpose i made this account). The NA forums may not be of my region (or language), but Leona is the same regardless of... which forum you use .
The EUNE thread is quite long and covers lot of the areas of a possible Leona passive tweak or the necessity of an actual rework, so i can say i have experience on that subject.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

Senior Member

10-24-2012

I believe we should really have a Red here...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockJockey

Senior Member

10-24-2012

I heard a suggestion on another thread that Leona's shield should pulse like Rammus' ultimate. So instead of having all the damage at once, it is spread out, and each time it hits the enemy, it reapplies her passive. This would increase her passive's usefulness, especially if you have a DoT mage like Anivia or Swain.

Rockjockey Approves Leona Buffs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurasai

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
I heard a suggestion on another thread that Leona's shield should pulse like Rammus' ultimate. So instead of having all the damage at once, it is spread out, and each time it hits the enemy, it reapplies her passive. This would increase her passive's usefulness, especially if you have a DoT mage like Anivia or Swain.

Rockjockey Approves Leona Buffs
I'd suggest linking the posts for more info.
This change alone still leaves the problem of other lanes than bot if her passive remains the same. It may allso give her (the person activating the passive) a bit too much extra damage especually at early levels where getting attacked by Leona and any range right clicker will be a death sentace. Allso a pulsating shield feels much less intimidating than a charging shield wich explodes doing damage at once.

Leona being the "promised female tank we ware all waiting for" is certainly something that she needs... pretty sure something as simple as activating her own passive, even if not without her desperate sustainabillity boost and slightly higher damage from a stackable passive (the reason for the very small heal and rates on passive), will make her fit other lanes without losing her current "support" role and playstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
I believe we should really have a Red here...
this! ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rin Kazeno

Junior Member

10-26-2012

Leona needs a buff!
bumb


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChumpMeatMaestro

Junior Member

10-26-2012

I agree . Leona needs a lane partner who can do major damage . That is why I run Leona jarvman.