Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

08-27-2012

Don't think Riot will ever review this thread...now that Leona is free week, I sure hope people can see the issue with her, as well as Riot, and hopefully give her some buffs.

Onimallar

08-28-2012

Leona is free this week? ****, now I have to contend with morons when I play pubs when going non-leona

ninbushido

09-03-2012

Quote:
Onimallar:
Leona is free this week? ****, now I have to contend with morons when I play pubs when going non-leona

Agreed.

Bluedude303

09-03-2012

This is very true. You sir get an up vote. Great work, very convincing.

And also BUMP!

HearshotKDS

09-03-2012

Right now, Leona does a good job of supporting an ADC. Her burst CC coupled with her passive make life very good for her lane partner. However, her solo power is lacking. A consequence of this is in lane, before she can get cooldown reduction, she has a very noticeable "shot my load" problem.

She does one combo and then has to wait 10 seconds. This problem is made worse since she HAS to train her shield first in order to be tanky, so she can't train up her Q or E early to help with the cooldowns. During the 10 seconds downtime she's more or less worthless. More so than probably any other support in the game. This downtime is what makes her jungling and laning poor. So the problem is how to make her solo game stronger without making her support role too strong.

My suggestion: Make Leona's auto attacks deal X% more damage against targets afflicted with her sunlight debuff. This would improve her solo laning and jungle without making her OP in support.

-It's not going to increase her damage against a focused target since the ADC will be eating Sunlight, but after "shooting her load" she can now peel off onto the enemy who still has sunlight on them and do something noticeable.

-It's going to improve her clear speed in the jungle, and solo target sustained damage when laning top.

-It's going to provide more diverse build options. Do you build AP to help your burst, or AD+AS to take advantage of the new passive?

-It's not going to drastically change her role in team fights since Sunlight won't reliably be up on any given target. Her passive threat is still going to come from low cooldown CC, which she only achieves with levels and gear.

Fargo79

09-08-2012

id love to see leona get some sort of buff.. its a pity cause she does soo little actual damage.. unless im playing her wrong.. i am fairly new to her... can someone pls link me a good build for that gives her good damage but doesnt give away tanky aspect?

Xerrol Nanoha

09-21-2012

Quote:
HearshotKDS:
Right now, Leona does a good job of supporting an ADC. Her burst CC coupled with her passive make life very good for her lane partner. However, her solo power is lacking. A consequence of this is in lane, before she can get cooldown reduction, she has a very noticeable "shot my load" problem.

She does one combo and then has to wait 10 seconds. This problem is made worse since she HAS to train her shield first in order to be tanky, so she can't train up her Q or E early to help with the cooldowns. During the 10 seconds downtime she's more or less worthless. More so than probably any other support in the game. This downtime is what makes her jungling and laning poor. So the problem is how to make her solo game stronger without making her support role too strong.

My suggestion: Make Leona's auto attacks deal X% more damage against targets afflicted with her sunlight debuff. This would improve her solo laning and jungle without making her OP in support.

-It's not going to increase her damage against a focused target since the ADC will be eating Sunlight, but after "shooting her load" she can now peel off onto the enemy who still has sunlight on them and do something noticeable.

-It's going to improve her clear speed in the jungle, and solo target sustained damage when laning top.

-It's going to provide more diverse build options. Do you build AP to help your burst, or AD+AS to take advantage of the new passive?

-It's not going to drastically change her role in team fights since Sunlight won't reliably be up on any given target. Her passive threat is still going to come from low cooldown CC, which she only achieves with levels and gear.

At first I thought the simplest fix would be to let Leona consume sunlight like everyone else, but then I realized that this change adds more interest and diversity to the build types. Might you also consider if sunlight scaled with AD so that an AD build would also improve Leona's supporting ability in the way that AP does?

Of course, Riot also hates supports so we probably won't see buffs to champions like Leona.

RoyceMelborn

09-24-2012

bump

Isstanar

10-02-2012

Two female tanks in the game (out of 10 champions classified as tanks by Riot):

Leona
Sejuani

Both, for the lack of a better word, "sucks".

Conclusion: Riot doesn't believe women should be tanks. Get a real man for the job. Or a yordle.

ninbushido

10-03-2012

I thought this thread was dead...THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED BUMP THIS, I am going to start re-bumping this and putting it on the General Discussion for more to see, thank you all! Especially the ones with really constructive criticism and also suggestions on how to improve Leona, like the most recent post, Aurasai (I read your posts in the EU server, nice job and effort there!). Leona needs some love!