Magnifique Draven (A restaurant thread (semi-open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Drav

07-01-2012

Another ax courtesy of Draven finds itself in the wall next to Viktor with a note that says, "you remind me of Orianna...look how far shes grown. If a full metal fine piece of machine such as her can break free from her confines then its should be easy for you. PS: Draven does it all *****es!"

Drunk Sejuani

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Sejuani View Post
She's been eyeing the Voidling for quite some time now.

Well.... So you're saying you're not eating the Voidling?
Sejuani asks

Ask The Maven

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor merely remained silent as he watched her, not certain of what to say. Though even if he did know what to say, simply trying to speak over her elegant tuning would be an insult to the Maven of Strings. When she finally wrote a response, he drew back from her as though in surprise. The question caught him off-guard, as nobody had ever asked him such a thing. He had been regarded as some heartless, emotionless machine or glorified play thing, but never had anyone attempted to look past the surface of the Machine Herald.

"......I.......As I gradually replaced certain parts of my body I found that I felt such emotions with decreasing frequency, until I had reached the point where I no longer experienced them. I certainly remember them, what they were like, but I simply can not express them as you might be able to. My hatred for Stanwick is the oddity, however, as it is still somehow prominent in my sentience...."
'Emotion is an interesting thing. But I pry too far, forgive me.'

*Sona sat back in her chair a bit, her harp seeming to lean a bit into her lap, as though it wanted her attention. The hand that did not hold the pen rested on it.*

'Dealing with men like Mordekaiser and Karthus in my music has given me a keen interest in the way other creatures feel emotio-'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
Another ax courtesy of Draven finds itself in the wall next to Viktor with a note that says, "you remind me of Orianna...look how far shes grown. If a full metal fine piece of machine such as her can break free from her confines then its should be easy for you. PS: Draven does it all *****es!"
*Sona nearly jumped out of her chair at the sudden, nearby axe.*

Ask the Herald

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
'Emotion is an interesting thing. But I pry too far, forgive me.'

*Sona sat back in her chair a bit, her harp seeming to lean a bit into her lap, as though it wanted her attention. The hand that did not hold the pen rested on it.*

'Dealing with men like Mordekaiser and Karthus in my music has given me a keen interest in the way other creatures feel emotio-'

*Sona nearly jumped out of her chair at the sudden, nearby axe.*
Quote:
Viktor did not react whatsoever to the ax flying an inch away past his head, merely sitting comfortably on his seat. He read Sona's response first, then the ax-note, then he sighed exasperatedly. "He's pushing a bit too aggressively." He muttered quietly, then looked back at Sona with a reassuring nod. "Nevermind Draven's antics...." He waved his hand at the ax embedded in the wall, which a second later had found its way back in Draven's hand by way of Viktor's Hyper-Kinetic Repositioner.

"There is no need for you to feel bad about asking me such surprising questions. I am actually rather flattered that you are showing such an interest in anything about me not involving my work. It is a.....welcome change."

Ask The Maven

07-02-2012

Quote:
Viktor did not react whatsoever to the ax flying an inch away past his head, merely sitting comfortably on his seat. He read Sona's response first, then the ax-note, then he sighed exasperatedly. "He's pushing a bit too aggressively." He muttered quietly, then looked back at Sona with a reassuring nod. "Nevermind Draven's antics...." He waved his hand at the ax embedded in the wall, which a second later had found its way back in Draven's hand by way of Viktor's Hyper-Kinetic Repositioner.

"There is no need for you to feel bad about asking me such surprising questions. I am actually rather flattered that you are showing such an interest in anything about me not involving my work. It is a.....welcome change."
'Miss Buvelle, the woman who adopted me, taught me the value of seeing past what others do.'

*Sona smiled sort of tensely, the axe putting her on edge. The unwritten part of her sentence was the uncomfortable truth that Miss Buvelle also taught her the value of 'shmoozing' and talking up strangers. Ways to put the world at ease and to make herself liked. It was always a bit of a struggle to differentiate what was real and what was stage-face for her.*

Ask Drav

07-02-2012

Quote:
Draven jumps in surprise as his ax suddenly reappears in his hand.
WHAT IS THIS ****KERY! In his shock he throws the ax again which flies past the bar and hits a drunk square in the head with such force that it lifts him a few feet off the ground before he falls and dies. The sudden outburst and actions have a few patrons riddled with shock.

Ask the Herald

07-02-2012

Quote:
'Miss Buvelle, the woman who adopted me, taught me the value of seeing past what others do.'

*Sona smiled sort of tensely, the axe putting her on edge. The unwritten part of her sentence was the uncomfortable truth that Miss Buvelle also taught her the value of 'shmoozing' and talking up strangers. Ways to put the world at ease and to make herself liked. It was always a bit of a struggle to differentiate what was real and what was stage-face for her.*
Viktor nodded in understanding. "I see. That must be a great asset to have in the profession you've attained, yes? I see our work as similar in many ways. We both value what we produce, we create what we believe or think is the most viable, and the majority of our time is devoted to that work. Innovation is not just a scientific element, it is a universal thing. It drives virtually all sentient beings to accomplish great things."

Ask Drav

07-02-2012

Draven makes his way to Viktor and Sona politely to discuss Draven's recent mishap with Viktor's new invention.

Pardon my intrusion you two but I need to talk to Viktor for a moment. He leans in close and whispers to Viktor, Please try not to do that again. I nearly killed all the patrons at the bar because I was surprised at your little...trick...Also, I'm not pushing aggressively, I'm just stating the obvious.

Draven takes his leave once more but not before apologizing to Viktor and Sona again.

Ask The Maven

07-02-2012

Quote:
Viktor nodded in understanding. "I see. That must be a great asset to have in the profession you've attained, yes? I see our work as similar in many ways. We both value what we produce, we create what we believe or think is the most viable, and the majority of our time is devoted to that work. Innovation is not just a scientific element, it is a universal thing. It drives virtually all sentient beings to accomplish great things."
'I can very much agree with you on that. I could not imagine a life where I spent less time behind my harp- on the fields or off. Creating is such an important part of my life, though my creations are sound where yours are more... mechanical.'
*Sona looked to her harp, idly running her hand down the strings.*

Ask the Herald

07-02-2012

Quote:
Draven makes his way to Viktor and Sona politely to discuss Draven's recent mishap with Viktor's new invention.

Pardon my intrusion you two but I need to talk to Viktor for a moment. He leans in close and whispers to Viktor, Please try not to do that again. I nearly killed all the patrons at the bar because I was surprised at your little...trick...Also, I'm not pushing aggressively, I'm just stating the obvious.

Draven takes his leave once more but not before apologizing to Viktor and Sona again.

Quote:
'I can very much agree with you on that. I could not imagine a life where I spent less time behind my harp- on the fields or off. Creating is such an important part of my life, though my creations are sound where yours are more... mechanical.'
*Sona looked to her harp, idly running her hand down the strings.*
Viktor merely shrugged nonchalantly as Draven whispered to him about almost killing patrons out of surprise of his teleporting his axe back to his hand. He then shook his head dismissively at what Draven whispered about his note, before turning his attention back to Sona." Sorry about that. Anyway..." He then read her response, then nodded in agreement. "Yes, I can not imagine a life where I did not craft hextech marvels. Though....I must correct you in the latter regard. I also create sounds of various types, though you may not notice them at first. But if you simply listen....Yes, listen for a moment." He then fell silent, and remained that way for a full minute. During this time the gentle hum of his inner workings could be heard, faintly at first, but once she focused more on the sound it would become clearer to Sona. "Though, admittedly, the sounds that result from my crafts are not for the purpose of entertainment or expression...."