Magnifique Draven (A restaurant thread (semi-open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

12-29-2012

Diana would eventually arrive into Draven's very own restaurant, after getting turned around within Zaun looking for the place. She is still wary of travelling to a city she's never been before, so she is on gaurd. She would adorn her standard armor & blade "sheathed" to her side, as she looks around for the receptionists desk.

Steampwrd Kitten

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalPlutonium View Post
Jon overheard the two talking, and turned his head, getting a glimpse of... was that a fang? Jon quickly turned and shook his head, not sure if it was. Looking again and seeing that it was, his face turned an expression of a mixture of slight interest and wariness, before turning it away to look down at his drink, which was just passed down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor simply tilted his head slightly to one side as he regarded her with a very clear analytical stare. He took mental note of the fang that was given away by her smile.

"So you say. And what of you? What do you seek to accomplish in this finite existence we all attempt to justify for ourselves?"
The smile vanished, settling hidden eyes upon the man who'd taken an interest in them, or her. The glass would be lifted to her lips, letting the strong whiskey linger upon her tongue before being swallowed down with ease. She'd tug a smoke free from the pack stashed inside her long, black coat as she struck a match across the bar to ignite the tip. Without much more then a glance to Viktor, the flame would touch upon the purple cigarette and burn at the tip causing the embers to illuminate across her visage and the bottom of her helmet.

"Power."

A single word came in response, tossing the match in the ashtray as she pulled from the cigarette. Her free hand would fall to her side, resting against the hook that the bladed whip hung from, focusing more solidly upon Jon. It may be difficult to tell since he'd have to have been sitting beside Viktor to notice the fang. She may just be looking at Viktor, but those hidden eyes were most certainly upon the new occupant.

Ask the Herald

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeKitten View Post
The smile vanished, settling hidden eyes upon the man who'd taken an interest in them, or her. The glass would be lifted to her lips, letting the strong whiskey linger upon her tongue before being swallowed down with ease. She'd tug a smoke free from the pack stashed inside her long, black coat as she struck a match across the bar to ignite the tip. Without much more then a glance to Viktor, the flame would touch upon the purple cigarette and burn at the tip causing the embers to illuminate across her visage and the bottom of her helmet.

"Power."

A single word came in response, tossing the match in the ashtray as she pulled from the cigarette. Her free hand would fall to her side, resting against the hook that the bladed whip hung from, focusing more solidly upon Jon. It may be difficult to tell since he'd have to have been sitting beside Viktor to notice the fang. She may just be looking at Viktor, but those hidden eyes were most certainly upon the new occupant.
Viktor stared at Semira as a long silence falls over them. Could he have been left speechless in the wake of her simple, but strongly worded answer? Was it due to some lingering memory which threatened to take him back to some time past? Whatever the reason, the Herald had fallen gravely soundless save for the gentle humming of the hextech that comprised his current form.

"...."

His head turned to look directly ahead, at the liquor bottles that lined the shelf opposite him. There was a wide array of drinks here, he now realized. There seemed to be some from practically every part of Valoran, and even the smaller islands which lied just off the mainland. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the Machine Herald spoke once more, his tone grim.

"Power has led to the demise of so many fools who believed in acquiring it, as they found themselves unable to fulfill their desires. It is a terrible thing."

Ask Jarvan IV

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana smirked.

"His appetite is nothing compared to mine." She said proudly. "And... I could eat her."

She chuckled, getting comfortable in her seat.

"I'm surprised we haven't attracted more attention." She said. "I guess I could pass as a braided Katarina from a distance, but you are Prince Jarvan."
"From quite a distance. Katarina is a head shorter than you, and you lack the sizable facial mark." He grins at her across the table. "Besides, she's much less striking than you are, if I do say so myself." He glanced out at the patrons once more, and catches several hidden glances, as well as others pretending to look elsewhere, and laughed. "You just don't know how to notice, Shyvana. You're far to accustomed to onlookers not hiding it. When you grow up around it, you learn to notice. And believe me, there are just as many eyes on you as there are on me."

Steampwrd Kitten

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor stared at Semira as a long silence falls over them. Could he have been left speechless in the wake of her simple, but strongly worded answer? Was it due to some lingering memory which threatened to take him back to some time past? Whatever the reason, the Herald had fallen gravely soundless save for the gentle humming of the hextech that comprised his current form.

"...."

His head turned to look directly ahead, at the liquor bottles that lined the shelf opposite him. There was a wide array of drinks here, he now realized. There seemed to be some from practically every part of Valoran, and even the smaller islands which lied just off the mainland. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the Machine Herald spoke once more, his tone grim.

"Power has led to the demise of so many fools who believed in acquiring it, as they found themselves unable to fulfill their desires. It is a terrible thing."
"One desire." She corrects him, "But power must be obtained." Trailing her fingers along the collar of her coat, she'd continue to watch Jon as she spoke with Viktor. Whatever her reason, she didn't seem inclined to share it - at least not yet. She didn't know Viktor. He was one of many Champions, and many more people in this world and others. Her fingers drifted from her coat, brushing through the short locks of ginger hair.

"You don't crave power? Not in the slightest bit?"

Ask Shyvana

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
"From quite a distance. Katarina is a head shorter than you, and you lack the sizable facial mark." He grins at her across the table. "Besides, she's much less striking than you are, if I do say so myself." He glanced out at the patrons once more, and catches several hidden glances, as well as others pretending to look elsewhere, and laughed. "You just don't know how to notice, Shyvana. You're far to accustomed to onlookers not hiding it. When you grow up around it, you learn to notice. And believe me, there are just as many eyes on you as there are on me."
"Oh, how sweet~." Shyvana said, smiling and almost mocking the compliment. With a smirk, she looked over at the rest of the patrons.

"Hm." She said. "The problem is, they are not turning their tables over and diving behind them. That's the reaction I'm used to."

An exaggeration, but not much.

DC WWWWWWWWWWWWW

12-30-2012

Quote:
"One desire." She corrects him, "But power must be obtained." Trailing her fingers along the collar of her coat, she'd continue to watch Jon as she spoke with Viktor. Whatever her reason, she didn't seem inclined to share it - at least not yet. She didn't know Viktor. He was one of many Champions, and many more people in this world and others. Her fingers drifted from her coat, brushing through the short locks of ginger hair.

Jon listened to the two conversing, though he wasn't looking in their direction. He needed a way to get his mind off the issue that was plaguing him from the day, but he was not one to deliberately interrupt a conversation.

However, the topic was enough to convince Jon that he needed to speak out, and so he turned to face the two (who were sitting one seat away to his left) and spoke.

"Ah, sorry for interrupting, but I believe Viktor has a very valid point: people who simply want "power" are generally brought down by it; history has shown this so many times," turning to Viktor and nodding before facing the woman again.

Ask the Herald

12-31-2012

Quote:

Viktor did not look away from that particular spot on the shelf that he seemed quite smitten with, even as he responded to the questions that were asked.

"Power is nothing more than a means of self-destruction. The fools who pursue it, do so while blind to the cruel reality that they choose to ignore. To crave power is to desire your own end, as so few who have tasted true power have ever been the same afterward. You ask me - do I crave power? I can honestly tell you, that no I don't. I don't want power. I want progress. I want a glorious future. I want to see all of Valoran cast away their weak and fragile flesh, to see them accept the superiority of steal and technology."

Steampwrd Kitten

12-31-2012

Her lips curled into the faintest smirk.

"You misunderstand. I do not seek to gain power as you may think. Merely to remove a certain creature from existence." Was she... chuckling? Semira slid the half-drinken whiskey up to her lips and took a long pull of it before continuing. She had little more to add without going into details about her reasons, or what creature she had targeted. The smirk had faded, along with the whiskey she drank as she set a now empty glass on the bar top and started to rise to her feet.

"In the end, we all seek power of some kind. Even you. Whether you choose to accept it or remain naive is of no consequence to me." She would smooth down the ebony attire she wore, and adjust her leather gloves snugly over her hands before retrieving another cigarette from within her coat and once more, lighting it with the strike of a match against the bar surface. Puffing lightly, the enigma of a woman would inhale deeply and exhale as she spoke, "Good day to you, gentlemen." Unless one of them tries to stop her, she would calmly take her leave.

Ask Jarvan IV

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"Oh, how sweet~." Shyvana said, smiling and almost mocking the compliment. With a smirk, she looked over at the rest of the patrons.

"Hm." She said. "The problem is, they are not turning their tables over and diving behind them. That's the reaction I'm used to."

An exaggeration, but not much.
Another chuckle. "Oh come now, it wasn't that bad. Most of them simply averted their eyes and tried their hardest to pretend you weren't there." He shook his head. "No, this is not something I should be joking about." He paused and looked up at Shyvana once more. "You really have come quite a long way from the young woman I met on the the road covered in blood and looking as though she would slaughter the first thing to approach her."