Magnifique Draven (A restaurant thread (semi-open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Gentleman Vice walks into the Magnificent Draven and walks up to the podium. (Where a man brings you to a table. My vocabulary lacks.)

Ask Shyvana

12-28-2012

(Lucky for you, I don't think there's really a term for it. Front desk, maybe, but it's not a literal desk in many places. xD)

Ask the Herald

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeKitten View Post
Semira said little to Weiss, her focus more on Viktor with her own level of intrigue. He was an interesting one, one to be picked apart and studied perhaps. His genius with his advancements lacked few things, though she'd likely not indulge if it came up. Trailing her finger against the glass, she would gently push it so that it settled on the inner bar nearer to Weiss, "No ice this time."

To Viktor, those eyes on the helm seemed to grow dimmer as if effected by some kind of fog within the spheres. She'd let a hint of a smile appear, one side of her lips tugging ever so slightly upward, "What do you believe to be the most important aspect of your work as a Champion?" She probably knew the answer, but it was far more interesting to hear it from the man himself.
Disregarding Weiss, for the moment, Viktor took a seat upon the stool next to Semira as he obliged to her request to keep her company. His golden lenses which hid his eyes gleamed as they always did, as he stared directly at her and analyzed her features. This was how he always was when it came to strangers he'd never met before, as a rather uncomfortable silence fell upon the two. Which was promptly broken as the ominous woman asked him a question.

He really had to think about his response to this one, as being in the presence of the inquirer would not tolerate anything less than the perfect answer. For a long moment the Herald considered his reply, until nodding in seeming satisfaction to nobody in particular.
"The most important aspect to my work as a Champion is that of progress. I have always, even from a young age, wanted to contribute to the improvement of Valoran as a whole. It was purely fortunate that I was born with an exceptional talent for mechanical engineering and automation, but it lead me to....well, where I am now. As a Champion of the League, however, I am able to showcase my brilliance through the devices I've crafted, to make the world see the greatness of the Glorious Evolution."

Steampwrd Kitten

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Disregarding Weiss, for the moment, Viktor took a seat upon the stool next to Semira as he obliged to her request to keep her company. His golden lenses which hid his eyes gleamed as they always did, as he stared directly at her and analyzed her features. This was how he always was when it came to strangers he'd never met before, as a rather uncomfortable silence fell upon the two. Which was promptly broken as the ominous woman asked him a question.

He really had to think about his response to this one, as being in the presence of the inquirer would not tolerate anything less than the perfect answer. For a long moment the Herald considered his reply, until nodding in seeming satisfaction to nobody in particular.
"The most important aspect to my work as a Champion is that of progress. I have always, even from a young age, wanted to contribute to the improvement of Valoran as a whole. It was purely fortunate that I was born with an exceptional talent for mechanical engineering and automation, but it lead me to....well, where I am now. As a Champion of the League, however, I am able to showcase my brilliance through the devices I've crafted, to make the world see the greatness of the Glorious Evolution."
The only thing of her features clearly visible were her lips, and the tip of her nose. Those eyes were obscured beneath a black metal but they were always watching. Always. Semira studied Viktor calmly, not giving any real indication as to what she may or may not be thinking about concerning him, or his answer. It might perhaps be a bit flustering as she'd let the silence linger even after his response, taking a sip of the (hopefully) refilled whiskey she'd ordered. The cigarette was returned to her lips to linger there, with embers burning as she drew from the purple smoke, "I see." Her response was vague, and intentionally so having no desire to reveal her thoughts on the answer just yet.

"Tell me more about your Glorious Evolution." She asked as she exhaled the smoke calmly, her thumb and index finger pinching around the cigarette to draw it from her lips and tap it lightly on the edge of the ashtray.

Ask the Herald

12-28-2012

Quote:
The only thing of her features clearly visible were her lips, and the tip of her nose. Those eyes were obscured beneath a black metal but they were always watching. Always. Semira studied Viktor calmly, not giving any real indication as to what she may or may not be thinking about concerning him, or his answer. It might perhaps be a bit flustering as she'd let the silence linger even after his response, taking a sip of the (hopefully) refilled whiskey she'd ordered. The cigarette was returned to her lips to linger there, with embers burning as she drew from the purple smoke, "I see." Her response was vague, and intentionally so having no desire to reveal her thoughts on the answer just yet.

"Tell me more about your Glorious Evolution." She asked as she exhaled the smoke calmly, her thumb and index finger pinching around the cigarette to draw it from her lips and tap it lightly on the edge of the ashtray.
Well, there were very FEW features, admittedly, as most of the woman was covered and gave away almost nothing. However, Viktor did take mental note of her lips, the tip of her nose, and even observed the visible eyes upon her helmet. Her response took him rather aback, as she asked him about the Glorious Evolution.

"Well.....Firstly, it's not my Glorious Evolution. It's the Glorious Evolution. It is not limited to just one person, or a very select chosen few, if that's what you think. Simply put, it is the sum culmination of technological progress realized into the unity of the peoples of Valoran with hextech devices."

Steampwrd Kitten

12-28-2012

Quote:
Well, there were very FEW features, admittedly, as most of the woman was covered and gave away almost nothing. However, Viktor did take mental note of her lips, the tip of her nose, and even observed the visible eyes upon her helmet. Her response took him rather aback, as she asked him about the Glorious Evolution.

"Well.....Firstly, it's not my Glorious Evolution. It's the Glorious Evolution. It is not limited to just one person, or a very select chosen few, if that's what you think. Simply put, it is the sum culmination of technological progress realized into the unity of the peoples of Valoran with hextech devices."
Her eyes were hidden under the lower section of the helm. It was a wonder she could even see him, but she could. The eyes upon the mask seemed to cloud and change, but generally remained the blue they were when she first arrived. As Semira listened to him and his explanation of Glorious Evolution, she would return to sipping the whiskey. A breath caught against the ice sent a misty shadow within the glass itself. A single exhale, which vanished as she drew it away to set the glass back onto the bartop.

"Intriguing." She responded, "How has your evolution gone so far, Viktor?" It wasn't said with any insult, more mild intrigue for the man. There was so much more she could be asking, but none of it particularly interested her at the moment.

Ask the Herald

12-29-2012

Quote:
Her eyes were hidden under the lower section of the helm. It was a wonder she could even see him, but she could. The eyes upon the mask seemed to cloud and change, but generally remained the blue they were when she first arrived. As Semira listened to him and his explanation of Glorious Evolution, she would return to sipping the whiskey. A breath caught against the ice sent a misty shadow within the glass itself. A single exhale, which vanished as she drew it away to set the glass back onto the bartop.

"Intriguing." She responded, "How has your evolution gone so far, Viktor?" It wasn't said with any insult, more mild intrigue for the man. There was so much more she could be asking, but none of it particularly interested her at the moment.
Unlike her, Viktor's features were rather unremarkable. His augmentations were internal, rather than external, as he cared more for functionality than appearance. He rested both arms on the counter in front of him as he considered Semira's next question. This only begged one of his own, however.

"If I may be frank.....Why so much interest in me?"

Accompanied by his inquiry, he looked intently at the mystery woman he'd just met a few minutes ago. It didn't take a genius to figure out that the Herald was puzzled, his tone belied this irksome feeling that he'd thought was wiped out some time ago.

Steampwrd Kitten

12-29-2012

Quote:
Unlike her, Viktor's features were rather unremarkable. His augmentations were internal, rather than external, as he cared more for functionality than appearance. He rested both arms on the counter in front of him as he considered Semira's next question. This only begged one of his own, however.

"If I may be frank.....Why so much interest in me?"

Accompanied by his inquiry, he looked intently at the mystery woman he'd just met a few minutes ago. It didn't take a genius to figure out that the Herald was puzzled, his tone belied this irksome feeling that he'd thought was wiped out some time ago.
"You're an interesting individual." Her response would be simple, and not particularly informative. It was quite simply, the easiest thing to say without giving anything away. She'd trail a gloved finger across the rim of the glass, causing a faint hum to vibrate from it. As the ginger-haired woman stopped, her head would turn slightly to look towards the glass, her other hand bringing up the mostly smoked cigarette to her lips to take a deep drag from it. As she exhaled, her focus returned to Viktor, gripping the glass in her free hand to lift it, "You've no obligation to answer if the questions are too.. personal."

Ask Jarvan IV

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"Oh, alcohol?" Shyvana asked. "Just get me a glass of whatever tastes least like it. Or a bottle, if need be."

Shyvana glanced at Jarvan.

"I have no idea how you can drink that." She said. "And I've swallowed Cho'gath."
Jarvan chuckled lightly at Shyvana's comment. "Oh, come now! Cho'Gath may taste a bit odd, but the texture is exquisite, no?" He laughs. "Wine has become something of a habit for me... I was rather... conditioned to drink it, unfortunately. Mostly for appearance's sake. Nobles do live for their wines, after all." He glanced down at the menu, but his eyes drifted back up to Shyvana. "Have you any idea of what you're going to order? Or.. perhaps you'd prefer they bring something out for you to kill before you eat it?" he teased.

Ask Shyvana

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
Jarvan chuckled lightly at Shyvana's comment. "Oh, come now! Cho'Gath may taste a bit odd, but the texture is exquisite, no?" He laughs. "Wine has become something of a habit for me... I was rather... conditioned to drink it, unfortunately. Mostly for appearance's sake. Nobles do live for their wines, after all." He glanced down at the menu, but his eyes drifted back up to Shyvana. "Have you any idea of what you're going to order? Or.. perhaps you'd prefer they bring something out for you to kill before you eat it?" he teased.
Shyvana chuckled.

"I don't think they'd appreciate it if I got blood on their dress." Shyvana said, glancing at the menu. "Bring me steak. As rare as it can be cooked while still being edible. And instead of the sides, if you have a log of uncut pepperoni, or some other kind of lump of cured meat that you use for cooking, bring it. I'll pay what it costs."