provide me "bad" matchmaking game records

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elad

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalzK View Post
thank god for this thread. My last 10 games have all been ****ing ridiculous. I dont know how the hell the matchmaking system works. I've won about 3 out of my last 10 matches. Everytime im the carry and am normally with mostly *******. The 3 times I won the enemy team was a complete joke and were probably thinking "how the hell did I get matched with these guys" too.

QFT. After the reset I went 3 -0 and then 0-11 solo queing before I picked up another win. I had about 6 in a row where 1 to 2 people were either afk or left immediately, and after that it was newbie island. I actually had a teammate rage quit yesterday after I "kill stole." I was playing Teemo and had left a mushroom in the grass in that lane probably 5 minutes earlier. After my teammate had been chase out of his lane, the opponent popped into the grass to blue pill out, hit the shroom and died. I also had a teammate yelling because I didn't heal him as Amumu during a teamfight and was pissed that I took exhaust instead of heal because that "caused him to die."

I'm not perfect, and I've had bad matches, but jesus, I never went anywhere close to 0-11 in beta.

Morbis

11-02-2009

hmm. this thread subject seems vaguely familiar...

anyways, I'll keep my eyes open

Drakantus

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Because while our game's conurrencies are high, the vast majority of players are new and dont know what they are doing. So the number of players in the adjuacent tier to those guys is low. As these players move up, your matching will be less.

I understand your intentions, it doesn't completely make sense. To make a silly analogy from another game, 5v5 queues in world of warcraft are sometimes extremely long. However, they don't match you up against a 3v3 team and a random 2v2 team, because that would be absurd and the 3v3 and 2v2 would be slaughtered. There might just be a point where the game has to say "sorry, there aren't any other 5 player premade groups playing, try to queue again later or solo queue"

Otaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

Last match I was in was just a complete slaughter. SS shows the end score.

FellowerOfOdin

11-02-2009

Zileas, do you also take care of bad enemy teams? Unfair matches because of you having a bad team is terrible, yes, but I do not have fun stomping far weaker players as well - just take all my most recent games as an example, I stomped most of them with no problems at all.

HeyJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

here is another lovely screen shot of me being paired with some "Special People" >_>

Morbis

11-02-2009

found one I think the score speaks for itself

Attachment 5622

budd

11-02-2009

Well here is my first game of the day, starting off strong. Singed and Teemo both went AFK like 15 minutes in. At least gangplank stuck around although he was terrible. between the 3 they went a combined 6-21 if i remember correctly.

Bait

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
This doesnt really count. A top 10 team like that is going to have to get matched vs someone eventually, and the matcher will give you a match where they are likely to win 80% of the time or something... that's because its either that or leave them in line an hour.

If we double the concurrency of the game, this happens half as much, etc. It's just that the best of the best are going to destroy someone eventually.
that was the 2nd time the matchmaking system put me against reginaid that day. i solo queued both times.

and as flight said, i didn't make top 500. my team was good and they belonged in that game, but i didn't. could you please tell me what my elo is?

hacky

11-02-2009

Here's a slightly different one for you, Zileas:

Saturday night, I had two games in a row where the game ended with my team surrendering at 15-20 minutes in. I was 0/0/0 and ended up in a solo lane both games--my teammates in the other two lanes had died multiple times before I had even hit level 6. At the time of surrender, the opposing teams had about 15 or more kills ahead.

I did make top 250 ELO in beta and I was level 11 or 12 at the time, so I don't think my ELO is that bad right now, and I should be avoiding newbie island.

Sadly, I don't have any screenshots to help, but they should be within my last 10 games.