provide me "bad" matchmaking game records

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aerborne

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
I will be doing this. Ive had people in-game that didnt know cardmasters ulti was a global slow and reveal.
a RL Friend of mine got this game last week and has been playing ashe with me and another friend. He's been really good at ashe and and instramental part of our team, but he didn't know that either.

New players can have a lot of skill and still not alot of knowledge of the game yet.

GoatStatik

11-02-2009

I was in a game last night where two players on my team decided to just run into towers and die and run straight to the enemy's base.

At the end of the game they said they had a bet going to see how long it would take for the other team to win. One of them sent me a friend request after the game and I saw that he clearly wasn't new.

What would you do to prevent stuff like this from happening?

FightTest

11-02-2009

This isn't the worst one I've gotten recently, but a couple days ago I was too ragey to think to take screenshots during my 10 game losing streak skid to top 25 premades.

So here's one I thought to grab last night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/arcanist/mmv1.jpg
(game end at 10:53pm EST 11/1/09)

Our team:
Me - Didn't make the top 500
Bait - Didn't make the top 500
Spades68 - Didn't make the top 500
Tanae - 1711
Rabb - 1895

Their team:
Jesse Perring - 1736
MrFroho - Didn't make the top 500
RiotJeffJew - 1773
Rinoa - 1861
ReginaId - 2236 (#2 on the top 500)

I know I was solo queued, I can't speak for anyone else. And again after the reset I don't know how close our ratings are BECAUSE YOU DON'T LET US SEE THEM FOR SOME STUPID REASON. But I do know this isn't the first time I've ran into ReginaId (or about 10 other people from the top 25 for that matter).

Scores may not be the worst you've ever seen but then my team surrendered pretty much immediately at the 15 minute mark.

AFKray

11-02-2009

Well....there was this one time, I got matched with this newb Corki who couldn't match the power of my LAZER CHIKIN! I think his name was Zil...something...hmmm

But for real, I don't have screenshots but I've had plenty of games where I'm sitting on a 20-4 ish record, only to have my entire time with records amounting to like.... 5 - 30. I don't know what the deal is, but I know I'm not super awesome but this dispairity is disconcerning, especially since it happens more often than I'd like. When you have people building ASHE with pure AP items...leads me to question some things. I know you didn't want this game to have one person carry a team...but I was doing that and more but since 1 champ can't win it all, we end up losing. So, I don't know what to say, this is the fate of solo queue'ing i'm guessing.

Dopamine

11-02-2009

Ever since the very first Beta stat reset I've been having very, very poor matchups. Here are some scoreboards I saved (though I generally didn't save scoreboards for my losses, when I was on the other side of the problem, and I definitely didn't save scoreboards from every win).

*******http://i37.tinypic.com/2dtc4zl.jpg********
I had a competent team and was matched against players who would just stand around while we beat on them, or would tower dive in an attempt to kill full health towers.

*******http://i37.tinypic.com/244xq21.jpg********
Everyone in this game appeared to be at roughly equal skill levels except for me.

Here's a post I made elsewhere about the problems I've been facing:

Quote:
From my personal experience since the very first open beta stats wipe 3 or so months ago, solo queueing has four possible results;

1) You get matched on a team around your skill level, and against either a solo queued team at your skill level or a premade below your skill level. This happens in maybe 10% of games, but it's really fun when it does happen.

2) Same as above, except one of the two teams has one or two members who are either purposely feeding, or this is their first match ever. Every time this has ever happened, the entire team starts giving that person advice, and they never, ever follow it. This is around 50% of solo queued games.

3) One of the teams is full of competent players, the other is full of brand new players with 1 or 2 good players. Absolute disaster of matchmaking, ruins any will you will have to play the game. Maybe 30% of games these days, but this used to be quite literally 90% or more of my games.

4) Both teams are full of players who have obviously never played before and each one is given one good player, and it more or less becomes a battle of "Who can feed harder off the opposite team's newbies?" This would make up the remaining 10% of matchups.
I would like to point out that as of the most recent stat wipe, I'm generally on the winning side of things - but it's still not fair, most games end with the enemy team surrendering around the 25-30 minute mark, at which point they're already massively outmatched.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-02-2009
2 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightTest View Post
This isn't the worst one I've gotten recently, but a couple days ago I was too ragey to think to take screenshots during my 10 game losing streak skid to top 25 premades.

So here's one I thought to grab last night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/arcanist/mmv1.jpg
(game end at 10:53pm EST 11/1/09)

Our team:
Me - Didn't make the top 500
Bait - Didn't make the top 500
Spades68 - Didn't make the top 500
Tanae - 1711
Rabb - 1895

Their team:
Jesse Perring - 1736
MrFroho - Didn't make the top 500
RiotJeffJew - 1773
Rinoa - 1861
ReginaId - 2236 (#2 on the top 500)

I know I was solo queued, I can't speak for anyone else. And again after the reset I don't know how close our ratings are BECAUSE YOU DON'T LET US SEE THEM FOR SOME STUPID REASON. But I do know this isn't the first time I've ran into ReginaId (or about 10 other people from the top 25 for that matter).

Scores may not be the worst you've ever seen but then my team surrendered pretty much immediately at the 15 minute mark.
This doesnt really count. A top 10 team like that is going to have to get matched vs someone eventually, and the matcher will give you a match where they are likely to win 80% of the time or something... that's because its either that or leave them in line an hour.

If we double the concurrency of the game, this happens half as much, etc. It's just that the best of the best are going to destroy someone eventually.

The Crow

11-02-2009

<3

FightTest

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
This doesnt really count. A top 10 team like that is going to have to get matched vs someone eventually, and the matcher will give you a match where they are likely to win 80% of the time or something... that's because its either that or leave them in line an hour.

If we double the concurrency of the game, this happens half as much, etc. It's just that the best of the best are going to destroy someone eventually.
Comforting. How is my rating so high having not been in the top 500 that I've been picked for at least a half dozen games over the past few days to have to play against them? Shouldn't they get stuck with other people in the top 500? I really have no interest in seeing people from the top 25 in a premade vs me while I'm solo queued.

"too bad they have to play someone lolol" is a pretty poor reason to slot a non-ranked person against them.

edit.. and btw, if you insist on doing this, I hope the reward/loss system compensates for this as well as HoN's does. Meaning these 80% win chance teams better gain/lose like 7/45 vs the poor saps thrown under them gain/lose 35/8 or whatever. Because it's really stupid.

Kajak

11-02-2009

Almost all my last games finished in 15-20 minutes because of raping.
If I solo join a game I'm always against really strong peeps, and if i'm in a group (even if we're only 2) we always headbutt the other team.
I can't even remember a game where it was 'close', and I did over 40 matchs..

ITT: Pictures of the consequences of a bad matchmaking and bad played master yi that make you lose the game EVERY ****ING TIME.

toomad

11-02-2009

This was on EU, not US server

I will provide more later.