More new specialized items for support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cizjut

06-21-2012

I've been discussing with my friends how supports do not recieve the same love as other classes in the game. Don't get me wrong, I do not like supports over a tank support, and that's the reason why I'm posting this: Maybe they're just not appealing enough.

I mean, support is the only class i'm not comfortable with in the game. Many of their support items are designed for tanks as well, and aren't thought out as a metagame variables designed for supportive champions that benefit from buffing and enabling your team, logistical kind of way.

So:
-------------------------------------------

I've been thinking in a high tier, expensive item that can place pink wards for counter warding. The expensiveness of it makes it a mid-late game counter warding option for supports only, making it kinda unviable on other champion classes, but recommended on support builds.

Other idea is an item that creates 2 minions that attack and slow down opponents, roam and can survey areas, like the Puzzlebox in HoN.

The idea behind creating new items that become logistic oriented is to deny or destriment their build viability options on any other champ that isn't a support, thus creating a broader meta game for this class that remains as it is as just a babysitter for the carry, but keeping their utility through out the game until late game.

You know, other than just leveling their healing as the time goes by.

More ideas are welcome.

Support Chen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Gold Per 5 boots maybe?

Tahald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Maybe a Rabadon/IE but for support?
Like what?hard to say. Maybe +15-20% healing , increase any buff they give by 10%, any ally in X range have lifesteal/speallvamp/heal increased by 10%. or something else.

Note: I'm not sure if it balanced( i don't think they are) im simply telling some wuick idea idea.

timmy22

06-21-2012

Didn't supports just get a few new items a patch or 2 ago?...

Cizjut

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post
Didn't supports just get a few new items a patch or 2 ago?...
If they did, they were forgettable enough.

There's this meta that hasn't been even explored, and rebalancing Supports isn't just cutting it.

They're not "badly" designed, they're just missing a niche of builds since a tank and other champs can do their work, thus making them just "the team healer"