[Gangplank] Cannon Barrage money maker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

I haven't tried this yet because I just thought of it and am stuck at work... but, can Gangplank use his Ult (Cannon Barrage) and earn a decent amount of cash if he places it at the enemy Nexus and times it with a fresh wave of enemy minions?
I'm thinking early on, if you have your Ult up and don't need it for a gank it might be worth it.

If it works well it might be bitter or sweet for your team mates in other lanes, with them getting a lighter wave, but less money and XP to earn.

Any problems with this idea?
Does his Ult not do enough dmg to full health minions?
Is the range not large enough to hit all three new waves?
or it works, but just doesn't yield enough cash for it make sense?

Tarion

11-02-2009

That's a magical idea. Definitely worth testing.

Salabaster

11-02-2009

i dont think it will do enugh dmg to kill all the creeps but it will lighten up the wave for sure. i do like to use his ult as a tower defender. if the enemy gets a large wave to push into a tower when your teamates have backed drop this ult near the tower when they start attacking it and you will get a good amount of xp and $$$ and probly save the tower.

Fama

11-02-2009

The barrage also works well when attacking a tower. If no enemy heroes are coming (and it'll probably scare them off for a while even if they are), you can drop the barrage right on top of an incoming enemy creep wave and do a lot more damage to the tower.

Jothki

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fama View Post
The barrage also works well when attacking a tower. If no enemy heroes are coming (and it'll probably scare them off for a while even if they are), you can drop the barrage right on top of an incoming enemy creep wave and do a lot more damage to the tower.
Will the tower immediately turn on you if your barrage clips an enemy champion, though? It isn't that strong unless you get trapped within it, so enemies might find it worthwhile to hang out at the edge until they get hit.

Mylar

11-02-2009

I still love the "almost dead enemy bluepilling, barrage the fountain", kills.

Have not had it happen to me for a while, did they nerf it, or did I just get better at hiding when I B?

HaunterV

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
Will the tower immediately turn on you if your barrage clips an enemy champion, though? It isn't that strong unless you get trapped within it, so enemies might find it worthwhile to hang out at the edge until they get hit.
Yess the turret thumps you hard unless another nearby hero stirkes the victm

Flakes

11-02-2009

The creeps spread out too quickly after spawning at nexus for this to work, it's more lucrative to save your ult for creep waves pushing towers.

HaunterV

11-02-2009

tried it, its not feasable, you only hit about 3-4 max far better uses for your ult are out there

ZGBudai

11-02-2009

You would be very VERY lucky to kill even 1 - 2 creeps in a fresh wave. You best save your ult for something more useful.