[Champion Suggestion] Armstrong, The Moon Walker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joesyuh

11-02-2009

Back story: After accidentally ripping a hole in the space time continuum, Armstrong has found himself lost in a foreign part of the galaxy. Whilst searching the heavens for his home planet Armstrong is forced to make a pit stop in an attempt find fuel for his space craft. Unfortunately, Armstrong has no money to buy fuel for his orbiting spacecraft. After months of begging on this foreign planet Armstrong happens upon a flyer advertising for the League of Legends. Knowing he has a superior technological advantage Armstrong puts his wayward scientific genius to use. Armstrong fights with the hope that he will one day be able to fuel his ship and continue his quest to find his home planet.

Roles: Melee DPS. Pusher. Finisher.

Gravity Well: Armstrong spouts super dense material in an X AOE range from himself distorting gravity and pulling all nearby champions and minions to himself. (similar to nunu's ult but does no damage and has a smaller aoe. could be channel or cast)
Each level increases pull and slightly increases radius (or decreases cooldown).

Rail Gun: Armstrong pulls out his rail gun and fires a shot dealing physical damage in a straight line. (Each object it travels through it does less damage to.)
Each level increases number of enemies it can penetrate and damage done.

Moon Boots: Armstrong is able to jump large distances thanks to his moon boots. Upon landing he kicks up a dust cloud that makes him harder to hit. (Activate ability similar to tristana that allows you to jump obstacles)
Each level decreases cooldown and increases % to miss.

Ultimate: Ion Cannon: Armstrong calls for an ion cannon blast on the closest (or random) enemy champion. (Causes splash damage)
Each level increases splash damage and base damage.

Passive: Due to his orbiter still circling the planet, Armstrong and his allies can see slightly farther through the fog of war.

I am not a numbers guy. If someone wants to help with numbers that is great. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

jjjthe21st

11-02-2009

This sounds like it could be a refreshing addition to the diverse roster of champions. An actually mechanical moonwalker skill that zeroes in on champions or whatnot could be really cool.

This may clash with the overall theme of the game though.

Izalor Dantin

11-03-2009

no

Aiden2002

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

This sounds like a cool character. Also, i know you shouldn't feed the trolls, but Izalor needs to die. Or at least trip and fall and skin his knee.

Csailakish

11-03-2009

Just rename the champion and every spells and its acceptable.
No need to make everything Neil Armstrong the first man on the Moon and NASA stuff.
Must be kind of Galaxy ranger or Startreck.But really his unacceptable.. no offence.The idea is good.

joesyuh

11-03-2009

Well the theme works for me but I can understand wanting to change the name. I will admit that my creativity was not at its best when naming him. It was the simplest thing to pop in to my head.

I was not aiming for the skills to be nasa themed but outer space themed or sort of scifi. The real inspiration for the character came from the first skill. I thought a cool mechanic would be one where champions get pulled towards you slowly. There are AOE slows but nothing that grabs characters in an aoe and moves them towards you. Blitzcrank has his grab that yanks people to him, but this obviously would be much weaker and in an AOE fashion.

No offense taken in any constructive criticism! People like Izalor will always be around to discourage people so thats ok.

What about making him more of a Russian Cosmonaut? Have his name be something very russian but maybe a bit easier to say. Or would it be more sensible to have him be from some planet not related to earth?

Shemsu Hor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

hahah sounds like a cool character but make him mythical some how.... moon boots really? lol just make him a moon related hereo idk if one exists so itd be pretty unique but a lil starcrafty for my liking

Moriaco

11-06-2009

Holy cow did I have a totally different idea from the title.

OP I am dissapointed. I expected a male dancer champion with a high voice going "Ahhwww!" while walking backwards causing AE damage and a stun component due to his sheerly amazing dancing skills. Also a top hat.

Remake please.

Jpeg

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriaco View Post
Holy cow did I have a totally different idea from the title.

OP I am dissapointed. I expected a male dancer champion with a high voice going "Ahhwww!" while walking backwards causing AE damage and a stun component due to his sheerly amazing dancing skills. Also a top hat.

Remake please.

wow, his name is Armstrong, and you're suprized at the flavor???

history classs is that way ->

Moriaco

11-06-2009

I was just commenting on the OP's near miss of awesomeness. Everyone knows who Armstrong is. Real life history is too stale and boring to make it into the LoL world anyway. Its all got to be spoofs on pop culture stuff(see the governator's voice as Sion).