Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

[Platform][Critical] Log-in Screen will not appear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

After installing the PBE and encountering no errors, I tried running LoL. The client with the news and server status opens, but when I click the play button, the client disappears but the log-in screen does not appear. I've tried repairing, I've tried re-installing, I've tried rebooting my computer, and this issue has continued for close to a week now.

Repro Steps:

1. Install LoL
  2. Run LoL client
  3. Click Play

Edit: Solved this issue by moving the folder from my desktop (where it was originally) to my program files. I'm not sure why it matters, but it seems like it does matter because I haven't been able to play for a week until now and nothing has changed apart from moving the folder.