Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which Improvements do think are Good Ideas?

Base line vote 8 27.59%
# 1 15 51.72%
#2 7 24.14%
#3 19 65.52%
#4 11 37.93%
#5 10 34.48%
#6 12 41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 29 .

Season 1 issues and Improvements for Season 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3leet

08-28-2010

Hi Folks, I hope everyone has enjoyed Season 1 so far, I know I have.
The Season has gone well I think, despite a few server issues and some other things, but this forum is not about that, its more about the functions of the Season and the way Ranked games are ran. So lets get into it:

1. New Heroes should not be involved with Ranked Games.

These heroes are generally new to the League, much like Football, Baseball, Soccer, and many other sports, new players are not immediately put into Pro teams and start competing, otherwise my 18 year old neighbor would be playing Baseball for the Cincinnati Reds, instead of a Triple AAA baseball team. I feel that the Ranked games should have a list of heroes that are involved with them, and that should not change until the Season has ended.

"But Bosstone, I just bought this hero, I want to play him, he is Awesome!"

I agree, there are many heroes that I currently enjoy using in Ranked games that are new to the game. Galio is one of them. But I feel by leaving these heroes out of the Season, and putting them into Normal Games, and Practice Games, and allowing them to be fleshed out, balanced, and fix any issues with interactions with other heros, more people will be inclined to continue playing Normal games, and not continously play only Ranked games the second they get to lvl 30.

2. Patches and Balances should be focused on Normal Games

Once the Ranked games have begun for a season, I feel there should be no changes to heros that play in the Ranked games, on the Ranked side. If people feel that this is not fair, look at it this way, you have 4 bans when the game starts, use those to remove those heroes you feel are not balanced. Additionally, when the Yankees go out every year and stack their team with the best players money can buy, The Baseball commission doesn't come in and remove those players saying the team is imbalanced, and the other teams do not whine and complain that NNY are overpowered and we can't play against them. They improvise, they adapt, and sometimes, they overcome (see Boston Red Sox 2005 American League Postseason vs the Yankees). This allows some heroes, who people occasionally get to play in Ranked games, continue to do what they have done. By nerfing their ability, you could potentially ruin a players ability to play that hero, and hurt their Rating through something beyond their control ( see Ezreal and Heimerdinger and Shaco).

3. Larger Punishments for Leavers/Afkers

There should be a permanent 24 hour ban for leaving games, and its incremental, if you leave one game, 24 hour ban, you leave the next game you play in ranked? 2 day ban, so on and so forth. Afk should be banned for 24 hours if they go afk for longer than 5 minutes at load of game, and over 10 over the course of a game. This should be incremental as well.

4. Practice Games should always have all the heros in the Ranked Mode

This would allow people to practice their skills with Ranked Mode heroes that they have not purchased yet. Additionally, If you play a hero that you do not own, you do not earn any points whatsoever for playing that practice game. It is only a practice game at that point.

5. Ranked Points in games in which you have an AFK/Leaver
disclaimer: this is not an idea I agree with, but I feel that many have talked about it, so I will add and let the community vote on it.

Ranked games in which a leaver/afk occurs, should immediately not be applied toward either sides ranking. I know this will cause a lot of people to be like WTF then whats the point of it being ranked? This will cause less of an issue with people leaving ranked games, and additionally, they should punish the leaver/afk player with a 150 point loss in ranking to discourage leaving games.
6. Loss of Rank for leaving a ranked Champion Select

I legitimately do not know what option we have to fix this, but losing rank because your team picks ******ed heroes, talk about feeding in the game, or don't talk and don't pick their hero and start the game afk seems a little unfair.

Well, thats all I could think of at this moment in time. I can probably add more as the community posts, and gives ideas, but I would like to say that this is a positive forum, and that we have a poll. If you do not have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all, and if you vote, please take it seriously, don't vote simply because your bored and don't read this.

The poll will be multiple choice, please just click on the ones you would like to see implemented, and PLEASE VOTE ON THE TOP LINE SO WE CAN HAVE AN ACCURATE COUNT OF VOTERS!

D3leet

08-28-2010

>bump

Wavy Crockett

08-28-2010

I'd like to see two more bans.

Featherwick

08-28-2010

No to numbers 2 and 3. To three, AFKs and leavers do not need that harsh of a punishment. I understand that there are people who purposely do those things, but then there are people who have to leave for a minute, or their internet crashes, or they have to leave. Banning them for a day would be outrageous, since it's not their fault that their internet sucks, or something comes up. To two, that would mean that the game would be balanced, so they should just take nerfing and buffing away altogether? The changes need to stay in, because eventually people will find how things are OP, and how others are not, and those things need to be changed.

On a better note, I love 1. It makes perfect sense, and it would put really allow new champions to be nerfed/buffed appropriately. Another thing that could be added, is that you can only play as a champion that you have at least played a few games with. Four is also really cool, and I would love that! I don't really played ranked, so I don't know much about five, but I would love to see 1 and 4!

LegendReborn

08-28-2010

Why I didn't vote for 1,2,4,5,6:

1. For the most part new heroes have been very balanced with the exception of Xin and I think they addressed that very readily. And if a champion truly is that much of a problem you can opt to not play a bunch of ranked games for a week or so.

2. This is silly as it is hard to pin down things sometimes. Additionally that would mean any new heroes wouldn't be allowed because that changes the overall equation. While not all of Season 1 has been perfect, right now Riot has brought the game to the point where bans aren't super obvious anymore.

4. Some people don't play ranked games so giving everyone access to all champions without paying for that would be an issue in practice games. Maybe people should be allowed to buy 1-3 games in practice mode for 1/10 of the champion cost instead?

5. When it comes to this I believe something should be done but if you allow this to happen then people will take bullets for the team and leave a game and that will be that. It's too easy to abuse and the fact is even if you get some bad games the way the system works, you should be able to get to the correct ranking, especially since you can duo queue.

6. There should be a better fix to that such as if someone is afk then the game shouldn't continue. In fact that should happen in practice and normal games because it's very stupid to just pick someone random and then continue as if it will be a fair game. The rest is unrelated and impossible to fix. Best thing to do after a game where your team was bad/bad composition is to just take a break and then move on later.

I did vote for 3 because that was straight forward and needs to be done.

Added: I don't believe that the punishment for leavers/afkers shouldn't be that harsh. It should only be done if it shows to be a significant portion of their ranked games.

Crusader3546

08-28-2010

The first I really love, it really makes sense for people, as when champions are first introduced into the game, they are still so fresh, so pure in their idea, that they are too easy, or too hard, or etc.(overpowered is just another way to say that this or that champion is fed and carried the game -_-)

2 is a big fat no. Balancing champions while people play them causes them to actually pay attention to patch notes as they go, and adapt their strategies appropriately, as opposed to being nailed to the wall when they try them during the next season or in normal games and they don't work whatsoever. Otherwise, it would cause a lot of stress for players, and for riot, with people whining in greater amounts.

3. AW HELL NO. Stupidest thing I've heard people say. You ban someone from the game for a day at a time for leaving a game, or afking during a game, their gonna stop playing. I've had my internet go down for a few hours while I was playing, and I've had to afk to help my mother with things. It's called dealing with what real life gives you, as opposed to living in fantasy where everything goes perfectly.

4. I would agree to this if there was an edit. I think people should get IP regardless of who they play, but I think every champion should be available for practice. It gives them the chance to give champions a try whenever they want, not the odd week when their free, such as when i wanted to try karthus but I barely missed the one week he was free in a good 2 month stretch. However, Riot would never implement this, as it counteracts the point of them having champions free each week.

5. It is agreeable, but it would be very hard to implement, and I doubt Riot would agree to it. Possibly one thing they could do is come up with a "Draw vote", where both teams players vote on a draw for an extremely bad game such as this, also adding a "Draw" statistic into rankings(which would have a VERY MINOR detrimental effect, possibly 1-5 loss of rank) Yes people would ignore it, but there have been games where people has said, "Too bad we can't both surrender"

6. I feel as though leaving during a ranked game select should be counted as a leave, as opposed to both a loss and a leave, or in the case of 2 or less champions being banned, neither.

Spiku

08-28-2010

I would love to see a larger leaver punishment, if it wasn't for the fact I have a leaver mark myself because I queue dodged a terrible team, which had two feeders from a previous game.

Queue dodging giving leaver marks isn't very fair to me, but I have to live with it as it is policy, even if Riot removed the leaver marks for all the people who kept going afk/leaving in my games in the first two weeks of ranked.

MrGood

08-28-2010

When does season 1 end?

D3leet

08-31-2010

I would love to know when Season 1 is set to end, I haven't heard anything about this Season's end date or whether or not they've planned the end date for the Season. I would like to know that. I would also like to know what happens to rankings after the season is over. Do they start everyone at 1200 again in Season 2?

Also, I would like to explain Option 3 just a little bit more, because I feel people are not understanding the Leaver/AFK ban. Its for Ranked games only. If you leave a Ranked game and or go AFK for any reason whatsoever, its a 24 hour ban. Yes, I understand that that is a harsh punishment, but you receive a harsh punishment for that player leaving the game, you lose the game, and lose ranking because of that person's inability to stay in the game. If you want to leave normal games, I don't feel that the punishment should be this harsh, but for Ranked games? Yes I believe so, and I also feel this will limit the amount of people that will play Ranked games because they will be more inclined to play games that if something comes up, they can leave and not receive that harsh of a punishment.

I feel this would decrease the overall amount of Ranked games in which people leave those games. It also makes sense to me, if you leave a Ranked game for an emergency, why would you then come back? If it was an emergency, you should want to stay with said situation, not leave and continue gaming.

Also, I feel I should also explain that the Ban/Afk would be for Ranked Games only, this means if you get banned, you are only banned from playing Ranked Games, you can continue playing normal/practice games to your hearts content, but you cannot continue working on your Ranked Games until your ban has been completed.