Vladmir Runes? HELPP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteGom

01-12-2011

Helllo i just became lv 20
and my main charac is vladmir
i need to kno wat runes r best for him

Psychoholic

01-12-2011

i dont play vlad, but if I had to say i'd say...
Magic pen marks
Health regen seals
cooldown reduction seals
Health quintessences
This is coming from someone who doesnt play Vlad, but it sounds decent so I hope it helps

MoLiva

01-12-2011

From someone who mains Vlad, and according to all the top guides.

Straight Health Quints
Mag Pen Marks
Straight or Leveled Health Seals
Leveled AP Glyphs

Everspace

01-12-2011

Flat CDR is another wonderful choice for blue.

BackDoorer

01-12-2011

what i got for vlad is...
MP reds (ofc)
dodge yellows (these help WAY more than you think, a great investment and they even work for other champs!)
CDR/lvl blues (for the omfg 1.8s cd Q)

Sacull Kinslayer

01-12-2011

Ok since you are now 20 I am going to tell you what I suggest you buy and in what order.

1) Quints. Flat Health. Why? These are the most universally good quints. They are good for all heroes. After you get 30 replace them with AP Quints if you are so inclined.
2) Magic Pen reds. Why? Magic Pen is huge early game.
3) HP/lvl Yellows. Why? They are cheaper than the Flat HP ones and they are 4x better. And they are universally useful for all champs. The reason I don't suggest dodge runes (which I personally am working on getting to use) is they are too expensive. Get them later (after you get 30 and have CDR runes as well).
4) AP/lvl blues. Why? AP=HP and makes your spells hit harder. And they are cheaper than CDR runes. Once you get to 30 and have a solid full page of runes for Vlad THEN buy the CDR runes. Team the CDR runes up with the Ionian Boots. It is nice.

This is the exact path I followed and it worked out very well for me. Here is my guide as well if you are interested. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...evamping-18177

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Vlad is my main and I've settled on this page:

MPen Marks
Health/lvl Seals
AP/lvl Glyphs
Flat AP Quints

Once again, I disagree with Kinslayer on the CDR issue. Vlad doesn't need it, do not prioritize it, and only pick it up if you happen to get it on items you want for other reasons. It's a nice bonus, but entirely unneeded and should never be the focal point of a Vladimir item build. However, I do agree that you should probably buy Flat HP Quints first as they're useful for every champion you want to play, and they're still useful for Vlad even if the HP to AP conversion is poor.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-12-2011

I never prioritized the CDR runes. I said get them later on. One reason being they are universally more useful than AP/lvl ones. 2nd reason is if you plan to use the Ionian Boots. Otherwise I wouldn't use them myself. I did say buy the AP/lvl first.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacull Kinslayer View Post
I never prioritized the CDR runes. I said get them later on. One reason being they are universally more useful than AP/lvl ones. 2nd reason is if you plan to use the Ionian Boots. Otherwise I wouldn't use them myself. I did say buy the AP/lvl first.
I never claimed CDR runes are bad. In fact, they're quite good. Your post, however, suggested that Ionian Boots + CDR Runes is your ultimate goal with Vladimir and that's what I disagree with. I've noted this before in other threads, but I'm going to avoid that discussion here because that isn't what this thread is about.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-12-2011

Speaking of which... you said you disagree with me again?

And out of curiosity have you tried the Ionian Boots + CDR runes + Haunting Guise (I get Will of the Ancients before the guise). Guise being here only for the 20 Magic Pen and can be replaced later by Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter. If you ever try it it is... addicting. And probably OP. And I run 9/21/0 Masteries.

I have run both schools of thought here extensively. I have had great success with both. Neither one is wrong and it depends on player preference ultimately.

But yea... if I don't use those boots AP/lvl is the way to go. A full page of CDR runes alone without using those boots is not worth it on Vlad. It only reduces your Q by like .171 secs. Throw in the boots and your Q becomes 2.2 seconds though.