Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving Grounds surrender time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BringMe2Hell

06-21-2012

Hey we just met and this is crazy but the surrender time limit is too long so lower it maybe?

was just in a game where we won in 17ish minutes and i tried to /ff for the first time and it wouldn't let me.

for a mode that where even RiotNome said it should be lasting about 25 minutes you'd think there'd be a shorter grace period before one could forfeit.

in aram it can get one sided pretty fast, like at the 0 minute mark (sometimes you just get really unlucky and you know its over before it even begun). In those situations the game is brutally awful. to the point where people would rather afk in the base or just leave all together and wait it out watching youtube or play on the live server.

ValarMorghuIis

06-21-2012

if u quit that early why play the game at all?

Amrase

06-21-2012

Firstly, you can ALWAYS win.
Jokes but you can win most games regardless of the comp. Kinda is the challenge of random.
But that aside I'd love to see a 15 Min surrender timer.

Jio Derako

06-21-2012

I'm guessing the surrender timer is still at the 20-minute mark for PG, probably.

I would suggest to put it at around 15-minutes instead; if the game is shorter than that, there's not much point in surrendering. If the timer is shorter, there's less reason for people to even try; once surrender votes start going up, that's usually the point where other players start going AFK or just sit around telling their team why they're not going to win this fight. (had it happen plenty of times in SR, especially on games that aren't lost yet.)
Even in a case of five-support blue versus five-carry purple, there's still a small chance in playing it out to at least ten or fifteen minutes, rather than giving up entirely right from the start. (I've lost a game in TT before against triple-support, my team didn't take into account just how much sustain the three of them had over us. Eventually they all got some AP and just dominated the map.)

Lisztomaniac

06-21-2012

no, the games dont even last that long, and even when they do, you can always come back with smart plays, ive had games where i was on the lame team with only our nexus standing and still won.

Pvt Hicks

06-21-2012

Agreed ive played Several matches on TPG and came back while losing. The rebounding in that game is nuts. There is no reason to even have a surrender timer in this game IMO its very fast paced things can change on the drop of a dime.