So I uninstalled LoL yesterday...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

08-28-2010

Before everyone downvotes me as a shameless "I'm leaving the community show me your love" ***** know that I've already gotten over my moment of rage / hate for LoL and intend to reinstall it after this post.

With that said the purpose of this post is largely to provide feedback and explain why after over 1000 games I was really on the verge of quitting the game for good. (Technically I suppose I did quit albeit for a day, my intent was to uninstall and give myself a breather until I could happily come back. Just so happens I got over it pretty quickly :P)

Anyways the reason I uninstalled. I queued up for a ranked game playing as morde. I bought my usual rejuv bead and 6 hp pots. I got mid after asking if anyone minded. After awhile mid I popped one of my health pots... only for it to present itself as a target-able cast. That only was pretty annoying as generally when popping a health pot you want to do it instantly. After I targeted myself however the health pot began to channel. Yes channel, many wtfs were heard in my household. So basically I had to target myself and stand still to use my health pots that game. Now if I was playing another champ who only had say one health pot and didn't rely so heavily on the healing they gave this probably wouldn't have been a major issue, sadly of course I was playing morde. Needless to say it put me off my game. Then my ignite stopped working. I've got it hot keyed to smart cast but for some reason it just wouldn't cast. I tried resetting my hot keys and then setting them all up again mid game and I eventually after a couple of attempts got it working.

Long story short I went 0/6 that game and we had a leaver so it was a quick loss.

After this debacle I load up a practice game to test health pots and make sure my keys are binded correctly. Everything went well. I decided to try out another champ (Malzahar) in a practice game cause I felt like it. Mid practice game my game just crashed.

Not good.

I restarted and queued up for a ranked game. When I got to the loading screen it was completely ****ed up. Pictures were all blue and after about 10 seconds it just CTD'd. I suspect that the crash from the practice game interfered with a custom item list program I was running and basically borked my LoL install. I tried rejoining a few times but the same error occurred each time. My first leave in a ranked game cause I couldn't even enter it.

I rage uninstalled going over all LoLs shortcomings in my head. I shouldn't need to run a custom program just to bling out my recommended items list. Between crashes and server downtime / lag I'm lucky if I can avoid at least one utter BS game per day. Leavers are constant and idc if you ban the ones who do it all the time it's not fair for me or my teammates to sit through a 30 minute game for a nigh certain loss and a fall in Elo equivalent to if we didn't have a leaver. I mean seriously are these things that hard to implement? (custom recommended list + leaver protection) They'd be universally popular and quell a lot of the rage LoL induces.

Of course in my rage I poured over other issues such as LoLs continuing lack of solid balance. I may be a layman in terms of balance issues but I struggle to see how a team of fully paid individuals can take a full weak to largely do very slight tweaks to a handful of champions. From what I've read I believe you each take a champion and work to tweak them over the week. With some reworks I can see why this would take time but for most champions who just receive number tweaks?? Seriously a whole week for number tweaks? Not even hard number tweaks either, its pretty common knowledge among the player base which champions are good / middling / poor and we don't even have the benefit of all the data logs you guys have.

Idk the games been out for about a year now and the best I can say with regards to balance is that you've pretty much eradicated god tier champs. Not so much any other tiers.

With that said the last patch was a positive one with quick and hard balance changes. Community reaction after the initial QQ has been positive. I urge you to take note and speed up the pace of balance changes other wise it'll be another year before eve gets remade and I can perhaps say well now they've removed trash tier.

Unlike most other people I can live with the server issues and your posts on the issues have been good. Really the downtime isn't much of an issue for me.

Lack of core features like replays has always annoyed me and the lack of news about them lately is disappointing.

A lot of these problems probably stem from the fact that the game has grown very quickly but that shouldn't be an excuse for slow progress or lack of features.

Anyways hope I didn't make this post too ranty, really I just wanted to provide some feedback from a long time player who occasionally feels very dissatisfied with the game. After all if I'm not enjoying the game more than its annoying me than there really isn't much point in playing is there?

TL;DR : The lack of custom recommenced items, leaver protection, replays and fast balance changes are slowy but surely turning LoL from a fun game into one that annoys me more than I enjoy it.

Mivoc

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananarchist View Post
before everyone downvotes me as a shameless "i'm leaving the community show me your love" ***** know that i've already gotten over my moment of rage / hate for lol and intend to reinstall it after this post.

With that said the purpose of this post is largely to provide feedback and explain why after over 1000 games i was really on the verge of quitting the game for good. (technically i suppose i did quit albeit for a day, my intent was to uninstall and give myself a breather until i could happily come back. Just so happens i got over it pretty quickly )

anyways the reason i uninstalled. I queued up for a ranked game playing as morde. I bought my usual rejuv bead and 6 hp pots. I got mid after asking if anyone minded. After awhile mid i popped one of my health pots... Only for it to present itself as a target-able cast. That only was pretty annoying as generally when popping a health pot you want to do it instantly. After i targeted myself however the health pot began to channel. Yes channel, many wtfs were heard in my household. So basically i had to target myself and stand still to use my health pots that game. Now if i was playing another champ who only had say one health pot and didn't rely so heavily on the healing they gave this probably wouldn't have been a major issue, sadly of course i was playing morde. Needless to say it put me off my game. Then my ignite stopped working. I've got it hot keyed to smart cast but for some reason it just wouldn't cast. I tried resetting my hot keys and then setting them all up again mid game and i eventually after a couple of attempts got it working.

Long story short i went 0/6 that game and we had a leaver so it was a quick loss.

After this debacle i load up a practice game to test health pots and make sure my keys are binded correctly. Everything went well. I decided to try out another champ (malzahar) in a practice game cause i felt like it. Mid practice game my game just crashed.

Not good.

I restarted and queued up for a ranked game. When i got to the loading screen it was completely ****ed up. Pictures were all blue and after about 10 seconds it just ctd'd. I suspect that the crash from the practice game interfered with a custom item list program i was running and basically borked my lol install. I tried rejoining a few times but the same error occurred each time. My first leave in a ranked game cause i couldn't even enter it.

I rage uninstalled going over all lols shortcomings in my head. I shouldn't need to run a custom program just to bling out my recommended items list. Between crashes and server downtime / lag i'm lucky if i can avoid at least one utter bs game per day. Leavers are constant and idc if you ban the ones who do it all the time it's not fair for me or my teammates to sit through a 30 minute game for a nigh certain loss and a fall in elo equivalent to if we didn't have a leaver. I mean seriously are these things that hard to implement? (custom recommended list + leaver protection) they'd be universally popular and quell a lot of the rage lol induces.

Of course in my rage i poured over other issues such as lols continuing lack of solid balance. I may be a layman in terms of balance issues but i struggle to see how a team of fully paid individuals can take a full weak to largely do very slight tweaks to a handful of champions. From what i've read i believe you each take a champion and work to tweak them over the week. With some reworks i can see why this would take time but for most champions who just receive number tweaks?? Seriously a whole week for number tweaks? Not even hard number tweaks either, its pretty common knowledge among the player base which champions are good / middling / poor and we don't even have the benefit of all the data logs you guys have.

Idk the games been out for about a year now and the best i can say with regards to balance is that you've pretty much eradicated god tier champs. Not so much any other tiers.

With that said the last patch was a positive one with quick and hard balance changes. Community reaction after the initial qq has been positive. I urge you to take note and speed up the pace of balance changes other wise it'll be another year before eve gets remade and i can perhaps say well now they've removed trash tier.

Unlike most other people i can live with the server issues and your posts on the issues have been good. Really the downtime isn't much of an issue for me.

Lack of core features like replays has always annoyed me and the lack of news about them lately is disappointing.

A lot of these problems probably stem from the fact that the game has grown very quickly but that shouldn't be an excuse for slow progress or lack of features.

Anyways hope i didn't make this post too ranty, really i just wanted to provide some feedback from a long time player who occasionally feels very dissatisfied with the game. After all if i'm not enjoying the game more than its annoying me than there really isn't much point in playing is there?

Tl;dr : The lack of custom recommenced items, leaver protection, replays and fast balance changes are slowy but surely turning lol from a fun game into one that annoys me more than i enjoy it.
tldr qq

Eaglesfan

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
tldr qq
^

Wuzseen

08-28-2010

LoL isn't getting any worse without those things. I hate to sound like a troll, but it sounds like the thing making the game less fun for you, is you.

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

tldr

also: bye; gtfo; i wont miss u; who the fck are u anyways

Backdoor Brian

08-28-2010

Two words: Arranged Ranked

go go go go!

MetalHev

08-28-2010

Thanks for the TL;DR. But no one cares.

AnAnarchist

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
tldr qq
I should have listed the explosion of trolls within the community too. Seriously /b/ is the cancer that is killing LoL boards.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

cool story bro

turbOpun

08-28-2010

I skipped to the tl;dr version, and I agree with OP.