Correct usage of the term "DPS"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kietsu

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Veigar, for example, does massive DPS over about 2 seconds, and then does just about zero afterwards.
We give the DPS label to champions with sustained DPS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remunial

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Mages are burst damage champs. Physical carries are DPS champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mivoc

Senior Member

08-28-2010

What the **** is this? The DPS pyramid?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kietsu View Post
Veigar, for example, does massive DPS over about 2 seconds, and then does just about zero afterwards.
We give the DPS label to champions with sustained DPS.
sustained vs burst. dps is still dps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
What the **** is this? The DPS pyramid?
more like the champion pyramid. like i said. just trying to educate the masses


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMountainGoat

Senior Member

08-28-2010

holy **** people are stupid. burst damage, and dps. they are different. dps is called dps because the damage is persistent. burst damage is burst adntgfhuguathq437 yn7wta4ge WHY DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
more like the champion pyramid. like i said. just trying to educate the masses
Maybe you should try to educate your own ass and learn to read. Writing's all nice but if you can't read the replies then GG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
holy **** people are stupid. burst damage, and dps. they are different. dps is called dps because the damage is persistent. burst damage is burst adntgfhuguathq437 yn7wta4ge WHY DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS.
My reaction exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backdoor Brian

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
holy **** people are stupid. burst damage, and dps. they are different. dps is called dps because the damage is persistent. burst damage is burst adntgfhuguathq437 yn7wta4ge WHY DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS.
Because I am a couch, your argument is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2010

this thread holds much useful information that i will certainly care about in my next game.