Great Game, but Broken by Bad Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medullaris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Hear, hear. Take some initiative and implement some privacy features. I know Blizzard doesn't do this and frankly it's one of the reasons I stopped playing their games. But a good MMO should have good privacy options inlcuding an 'invisible' mode.

TTS Zubat

09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leosoul View Post
I'll be frank here. If they added these two things I would **** in my pants, while on a boat, wearin' some flippy floppies.

I've run into plenty of horrid teammates the past few weeks. I have no idea what the reason is for the sudden increase, but it's really rubbing me the wrong way. Being able to kick that guy who is constantly feeding, engaging 1v5 and then trash talking the team would be great. If I'm going to get reamed by a superior team in a game anyways, I'd rather do it without some d-bag making the game even less enjoyable because they have nothing better to do than ruin the game for everyone else.

So yeah. Vote kick and never play would be great, though perhaps to appease the nay sayers leave the vote kicked person with 0% rewards and unable to queue as if they had queue dodged. Also, of course, a minimum time limit on the vote kick. 10 minutes should be good enough.
im on a boat...im on a boat...everybody look at me cuz im sailin on a boat

but on a more serious note, it does seem like it is happening more often now than in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medullaris View Post
Hear, hear. Take some initiative and implement some privacy features. I know Blizzard doesn't do this and frankly it's one of the reasons I stopped playing their games. But a good MMO should have good privacy options inlcuding an 'invisible' mode.
definitely, i know it can be done, runescape has that feature added as u can just shut off your chat and people see you as offline

Squirrrtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

They USE to have the votekick in Heroes of Newerth, but unlike your idea it required all of the other nine players. Needless to say, it didn't flow well with the community, and got replaced by a reporting a player system.

The reasons why people hated it in Heroes of Newerth was because
1. Friends or groups of players can sometimes easily kick the lonesome player
2. It was HARDLY ever use for the intended purpose of kicking out griefers or leavers on your team, but instead used to kick out the so called people that were trying but made probably one wrong decision or just wasn't feeling it that game.

Lets face it, everybody will have a couple of bad games and good games and I certainly don't want to be kicked because of that. I only got kicked once in Heroes of Newerth, because I accidently kill stealed and there was 3 friends on that team and 4 friends on the other. How did I feel after being kicked? Well, I just spent an hour of my time just to get kicked, and get a leaver penalty for it. Also please note the fact that it required all 9 players and if it only required 4, it would definitely cause more harm than good and I can see a lot of players getting upset by it.

So what's the solution to solving griefers? Well, you can always report them, I know its not the most convenient way to deal with them, but that's all you have for now, they don't have enough man power to deal with all the reports they get per day.

Kixxie

09-09-2010

The "never play with" system is already implemented.

if you block the user/ignore them, you won't be put into a que with them.

(This was what I was told, at least.)

TTS Zubat

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapaload View Post
They USE to have the votekick in Heroes of Newerth, but unlike your idea it required all of the other nine players. Needless to say, it didn't flow well with the community, and got replaced by a reporting a player system.

The reasons why people hated it in Heroes of Newerth was because
1. Friends or groups of players can sometimes easily kick the lonesome player
2. It was HARDLY ever use for the intended purpose of kicking out griefers or leavers on your team, but instead used to kick out the so called people that were trying but made probably one wrong decision or just wasn't feeling it that game.

Lets face it, everybody will have a couple of bad games and good games and I certainly don't want to be kicked because of that. I only got kicked once in Heroes of Newerth, because I accidently kill stealed and there was 3 friends on that team and 4 friends on the other. How did I feel after being kicked? Well, I just spent an hour of my time just to get kicked, and get a leaver penalty for it. Also please note the fact that it required all 9 players and if it only required 4, it would definitely cause more harm than good and I can see a lot of players getting upset by it.

So what's the solution to solving griefers? Well, you can always report them, I know its not the most convenient way to deal with them, but that's all you have for now, they don't have enough man power to deal with all the reports they get per day.
this is not hon, and reporting does nothing 99.9999999% of the time anyway

Darkazn58

09-10-2010

I definitely agree with having a "Never play with again" function implemented. Xbox live has something similar where if you don't like the person you played with you can tell the matchmaking system to not pair you guys again. Or something like that. I have had my fair share of arrogant and ignorant idiots that act just like that person in OP.

TTS Zubat

09-12-2010

had another example of the game beign broken by bad players today

was playing singed and trying for first blood on a shaco/miss fortune

it failed, shaco got away so i went back to the turret to wait on spawns, but my lane partner decided he was going to duke it out with miss fortune and died

i look up to realize that the other 2 lanes (this is 5v5) had also died leaving me the only person on my team alive...then i got lvl 1 turret dived and killed....ACE

now, we did fail on the first blood because i missclicked my ignite and put it on the wrong person

Morde/Teemo
Annie
Singed/Garen...i was singed

now i know that i could have ran to the inner turret and recalled, but who turret dives at lvl 1? but needless to say that this was the largest landslide loss ive ever been in

Singed 6/7/9 (me)
Mordekaiser 1/9/2
Annie 4/7/1
Garen 2/8/4
Teemo 7/5/2

the only reason teemo had that many kills was because of a quadra kill with a lone shroom mid game after a teamfight, outside of that he was 3/5/2

i personally wish that i never play with any1 on that team ever again

Elyas

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieth View Post
There are a couple problems I see with the Vote to Kick idea, although as someone who feels your pain on occasion, I would like to see the idea evolve.

1) Arranged teams: If there is an arranged team of 4 (or 2 in TT) even without much of an offense the teams will often kick the outsider. Perhaps that is for the best anyway if they are that kind of team but it would waste the entire game for the outsider of the group.

2) Newbies: The poor guys will get kicked often when just trying to learn the game. "Go play a practice game" isn't always a viable option because people are mean in those games too, especially when the servers are hit hard

3) The Negative Effect: When you get kicked from a team, whether justified or not, you're going to get very upset with the game. It is a tool to help people get rid of those who would ruin the game, but it is a double-edged sword that is a built in game function to single out people. I don't think it would be in Riot's best interest to put in a tool that would force people out of groups. It might improve their player pool, but it might also have the opposite effect and force good players out when mean players team up on them.

As for the "never play with" function, I thought that the ignore list already did that for you as I have yet to be paired with anyone I've ever ignored, though my girlfriend has seen them on the opposing team. I could be mistaken on this though, and clarification if I am would be appreciated.

As a final note:<3 Taric, support heroes for the win, and see you in game. Gotta cut it short, a friend is waiting to play
-Frieth
also, the problem w/ the "never play with" function is that it can be easily misused. basically, i could just spam that function on every player under a certain rating and eventually i would only be grouped w/ high skilled players. granted, there are a lot of people that play LoL and it is unlikely that one could do that to every player under a certain rating.
altho, i do feel his pain. i hate verbal harassment for anyone. i'm personally ok with ignoring them in-game. as long as i dont have to see their negativity i'm ok. just wish there was an easier way to ignore them in-game.

Wadimon

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogatang View Post
Lets face it if you kick someone your most likely going to lose the game. Either /ignore them and keep playing or /surrender. I would like to see the 25minute /surrender gone, I dont see a reason for it, maybe someone can clue me in. But in reality who cares what people say honestly? If your going to let someone get on your nerves for saying something thats your fault.
Maybe an instant surrender (with the usual voting) could grant 0 XP/IP and once passed the 25' mark the usual points. Games with leavers/afkers are a waste of precious time for everybody, especially for the team with these guys.

Pissfer

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyas View Post
also, the problem w/ the "never play with" function is that it can be easily misused. basically, i could just spam that function on every player under a certain rating and eventually i would only be grouped w/ high skilled players. granted, there are a lot of people that play LoL and it is unlikely that one could do that to every player under a certain rating.
altho, i do feel his pain. i hate verbal harassment for anyone. i'm personally ok with ignoring them in-game. as long as i dont have to see their negativity i'm ok. just wish there was an easier way to ignore them in-game.
yes, you could do that. But, I don't think you'll get matched with stronger players because of this, and if you do, it's only because you're going to sit in queue for half an hour just to feed in their game because you're not good enough. Basically, by abusing it yourself, the system will abuse you right back again. And most people won't do this, so it's not like a random Joe Blough is gonna be stuck with noone to play against