Great Game, but Broken by Bad Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TTS Zubat

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieth View Post
2) Newbies: The poor guys will get kicked often when just trying to learn the game. "Go play a practice game" isn't always a viable option because people are mean in those games too, especially when the servers are hit hard

-Frieth
newbies would be grouped with people their own level...which would generally be OTHER new players, so the new players shouldnt have that problem because of the fact that people are matched up to play with people that are about their level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
I was under the impression that /ignore does not keep you from playing with them again. To simplify things, adding "never play with again" to the report function would be nice. Chances are if I report you I dont want to play with you again either.

As an avid Sivir player I feel your pain. Sivir is support/pusher/aura giver yet theres almost always some xin, yi, pantheon, ashe or the like claiming I suck due to my 3/5/15+ score at the end.
its amazing how many people base the quality of their game on their kdr (kill death ratio) when that stat is absolutely meaningless for half of the characters on the game

like...support classes and tanks...they have a boat load of assists, but generally few kills most of them end up like 2/5/16 or something and people will whine "yeah but those arent REAL! kills, they just mean that you threw out a stun or a heal" and without that stun...that heal, the slow, the taunt...the dumb yi there would have turret dove and died to the 3 people standing there, because the people who think like that are morons

Oogatang

08-31-2010

Lets face it if you kick someone your most likely going to lose the game. Either /ignore them and keep playing or /surrender. I would like to see the 25minute /surrender gone, I dont see a reason for it, maybe someone can clue me in. But in reality who cares what people say honestly? If your going to let someone get on your nerves for saying something thats your fault.

LamiaLoveless

08-31-2010

I persoanlly want to see the "never play with these ***'s again" list. There are just some people I cannot stand even talking to, let alone playing. Some idiots harass you because in their opinion (which I actually know after talking to someone whether they are entitled to it or not), you suck. More often than not all the players that talk trash about someone else's game are idiots that most people do not want to play with ever again. I highly doubt these people belong in the community with their negativity anyways, and we should definitely have these people excluded. If they act like this chronically then they won't have anyone to play with, and will understand their own ignorance and become a better person. The problem comes when a decent player who actually knows his stuff starts talking about your game. These people I do not mind, because they end up saying the truth anyways.

But the guy who was putting you down seems like a total ****** from the info you provided us, so lets just go with that. We should definitely have a system where you can choose NOT to play with a person ever again. There are just a handful of people in this game I just want to f****** kill in real life its not even funny, which is a good thing since in other games there are literally times where I just wanna call out some people, find where the ****** behind the computer lives.... lets leave it at that. I just never wanna even see their name ever again.

I don't support the voting system because it's not right. Everyone should be able to at least try the game and if they suck or trash talk that does not give you any right to remove them from the game. I also believe riot's marketing staff or just the normal staff understands that their income will decrease if they don't have a large user base. The higher the base, the chances of selling RP goes up. I'm not too sure about the server costs, however I do believe with a large user base they can justify the costs for the servers, but I'm just gonna leave it at that. Riot will most likely not implement a voting system unless it is flawless.

Please put in a "never play with these people again" list :P make it happen RIOT!

TTS Zubat

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamiaLoveless View Post
I persoanlly want to see the "never play with these ***'s again" list. There are just some people I cannot stand even talking to, let alone playing. Some idiots harass you because in their opinion (which I actually know after talking to someone whether they are entitled to it or not), you suck. More often than not all the players that talk trash about someone else's game are idiots that most people do not want to play with ever again. I highly doubt these people belong in the community with their negativity anyways, and we should definitely have these people excluded. If they act like this chronically then they won't have anyone to play with, and will understand their own ignorance and become a better person. The problem comes when a decent player who actually knows his stuff starts talking about your game. These people I do not mind, because they end up saying the truth anyways.

But the guy who was putting you down seems like a total ****** from the info you provided us, so lets just go with that. We should definitely have a system where you can choose NOT to play with a person ever again. There are just a handful of people in this game I just want to f****** kill in real life its not even funny, which is a good thing since in other games there are literally times where I just wanna call out some people, find where the ****** behind the computer lives.... lets leave it at that. I just never wanna even see their name ever again.

I don't support the voting system because it's not right. Everyone should be able to at least try the game and if they suck or trash talk that does not give you any right to remove them from the game. I also believe riot's marketing staff or just the normal staff understands that their income will decrease if they don't have a large user base. The higher the base, the chances of selling RP goes up. I'm not too sure about the server costs, however I do believe with a large user base they can justify the costs for the servers, but I'm just gonna leave it at that. Riot will most likely not implement a voting system unless it is flawless.

Please put in a "never play with these people again" list :P make it happen RIOT!
to keep that option from becoming abused, just make the list rather small...say 10 people or something, to keep people from putting every average joe blow and only keeping people that they know are bamfs

i dont understand your last paragraph there, we arent kicking them from the entire game and banning them, just the game they screwed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogatang View Post
Lets face it if you kick someone your most likely going to lose the game. Either /ignore them and keep playing or /surrender. I would like to see the 25minute /surrender gone, I dont see a reason for it, maybe someone can clue me in. But in reality who cares what people say honestly? If your going to let someone get on your nerves for saying something thats your fault.
if it was put in, i would want it to be on a timer, like 10 minutes or something, not instant

i would also want that person harshly penalized, ie no xp/ip and they have to wait until the game ends to play again the people who deserve to get kicked deserve to be screwed...hard, they make the game unenjoyable for their entire team, and probably should be forced to uninstall the game

THOSE are the people this is targeted at

some people you are better off without, sometimes it is better to be 4v5 than to play with certain people, those people just drain the fun out of the game, they dont deserve to play it

TTS Zubat

09-06-2010

bumpercars

DisciplineMentor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Never Play With could be useful, could possibly even be incorporated into the Ignore list.

Vote to Kick is not so much of a good idea, simply because of the fact that it could be abused. A lot of the new players would get kicked from the very start, and that would not be a good thing.

On my very first day of playing, very first game even, I got some guy saying, "You suck!", and another guy saying "Just leave, noob!" (With worse spelling). While I was expecting something like this from what I had heard about some players of DotA, I would have been pissed if I were votekicked without even a chance to learn- I may have even stopped playing because of something like that.

Myrren

09-06-2010

yes add..'dont want to play with' option. Bumped into some really sour apples, one calling me pathetic trash... as soon as he hit level 6 he said 'afk', went back to base and started insulting the team whilst being 'afk'

reported his ass.

But vote kicking? As much as I want that, I can imagine alot of ****ty people ganging up =/ what happened to team play

Cloudkicker

09-06-2010

I agree. There should be an option or rating like on xbox live where you can "AVOID THIS PLAYER". that would ease some headaches.

TTS Zubat

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisciplineMentor View Post
Never Play With could be useful, could possibly even be incorporated into the Ignore list.

Vote to Kick is not so much of a good idea, simply because of the fact that it could be abused. A lot of the new players would get kicked from the very start, and that would not be a good thing.

On my very first day of playing, very first game even, I got some guy saying, "You suck!", and another guy saying "Just leave, noob!" (With worse spelling). While I was expecting something like this from what I had heard about some players of DotA, I would have been pissed if I were votekicked without even a chance to learn- I may have even stopped playing because of something like that.
like i said earlier...new players would play with new players with the current queue system, the only people whining about bad players at those levels are smurfs who have lvl 30s and cant keep up with people their own level, so they take their experience in the game and abuse it on the low leveled new players

Leosoul

09-08-2010

I'll be frank here. If they added these two things I would **** in my pants, while on a boat, wearin' some flippy floppies.

I've run into plenty of horrid teammates the past few weeks. I have no idea what the reason is for the sudden increase, but it's really rubbing me the wrong way. Being able to kick that guy who is constantly feeding, engaging 1v5 and then trash talking the team would be great. If I'm going to get reamed by a superior team in a game anyways, I'd rather do it without some d-bag making the game even less enjoyable because they have nothing better to do than ruin the game for everyone else.

So yeah. Vote kick and never play would be great, though perhaps to appease the nay sayers leave the vote kicked person with 0% rewards and unable to queue as if they had queue dodged. Also, of course, a minimum time limit on the vote kick. 10 minutes should be good enough.