I main Alistar - Looking for some new champs to play (ranked)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

06-20-2012

Hey all. I main alistar in ranked, and used him to climb from 900 to 1270 elo this past month. I changed my entire "how to win ranked games" philosophy from "I need to carry these baddies with my own ability" to "let me play a champion that does well with the entire team.

I found that Alistar, unlike a lot of champions in LoL, fits into almost every single team. I mean, who wouldn't want a guy that has two stuns on his team?

Anyway. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for champions that tend to synergize well with other champions/roles. I'm going to assume that most of your suggestions will be support champions, but that's ok. I play ranked because I want to win!

I have recently found that Nocturne does well with a lot of teams too due to his initiation and vision reduction. But other than Alistar + Nocturne, I can't think of some good complement champions :\

Any recommendations would be great!

Klinestife

06-20-2012

if you like alistair, go up to level 11 and play leona. who doesnt want a person with 3 stunning/immobilizing abilities? :P

CounterSnipe

06-20-2012

I've tried Leona, but I find she needs to be with
a) A carry that has very high DPS. Vayne, Corki. Not an Ashe type.
b) The carry has got to be able to stay in lane without taking harass damage because Leona lacks a heal and damage mitigation. I currently have a negative win ratio on her. I blame it mostly on my not understanding her play style and just picking her for the fun of it.

Also, I play Ranked. So I'm no longer level 11.

Maxijazz

06-20-2012

Yeah Leona is a fun champion. She is super aggressive though because she needs to become tanky late game which is hard on a support salary without a lot of kills and assists. Only use her with aggressive bot lane AD carries. Vayne, Corki, Tristana, Graves all fit this.

Edit: Suggest an early vamp scepter to your AD carry to help sustain, because you have none.

Fluffyknowsyou

06-20-2012

Udyr, jungle and make yer enemies paranoid with oracles. I carried myself from 950 to 1100 with him.

Akali: Gunblade + rabadon = gg

Teemo: If you have good support in bot, teemo can afk farm with shrooms to stop pushes while being a really champ killer early on.

Katarina: Takes some getting used to because her power isn't derived from her ult,but rather her passive's instant cooldown on shungo and bouncing blades on kill/assists. If you enter at the right time you can shunpo 4 or 5 times in a single fight.