[GUIDE] AP Tristana - A detailed guide on the Unorthodox and (possibly)Overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ambi

11-17-2009

I've been experimenting with getting items like Frozen Mallet, Rylai's and then Guardian Angel. It's not bad at end game, you'll be acting as a pseudo tank, with massive slowing power and the same nuking strength. It's pretty interesting, though probably not as useful as going Phys Dps instead. In the end your endgame item build depends on your team and what you really need.

Jmaster

01-19-2010

So I decided to give this a try and I absolutely loved it! I got some flak from my team early on about bein a noob, l2play, etc. but that pretty much shut up when i got up to 26/3. It seemed every team fight when the same way: After out tank (Malph) charged in I get a kill with jump, autoshoot, buster combo, then just bouncing on anyone who's still alive. I love the single-target damage with this build, but the repeater jumps in a big fight really dish out some good aoe. I did continue on the ap path, building a zhonyas after lich and soulstealer, but even before i got that I could rape. Thanks for completely blowing my mind about how to play trist!

Orya

02-13-2010

I'm rather new to this game, and Tristana was the 2nd champ I bought (first was Master Yi) since I wanted to have a ranged champ to stick to for a while.

First I tried out increasing attack speed and stuff, but somehow I got the feeling that I was throwing with cottonballs. Maybe I just played it wrong, I'll try it again later.

So then I tried AP in a bot game first, then in a normal match but somehow I kept dying constantly. In the second match though we started badly, with 2 of our team quitting (luckily one of theirs quit as well), but after I was geared up noone was save of the fat gun, which dealt according to the tooltip something like 1300 to 1400 damage. ^^ Ended up with 18 kills, 9 deaths, 14 assists, 206 killed minions and 6 destroyed buildings.

Had in the end rod of ages, sorcerers shoes, mejas soulstealer, fozen mallet, lich bane and zhonyas ring.

keftes

Recruiter

02-13-2010

Try her with a PROPER damage build (god no aspd...) and you might be suprised...

Valduran

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Try her with a PROPER damage build (god no aspd...) and you might be suprised...
This. Although, AP Tristana is an amusing diversion for those who want to mix things up a bit from time to time. Just don't play it as the only way, because it is definitely inferior to Physical DPS Tristana. You would be amazed at how easily DPS Tristana can tear things apart early game if you get BF Sword by the 10 minute mark.

Socrates

03-04-2010

Alright so ive played tristana many, many ways. Honestly ap trist is probably the funnest hero in the game... for me anyways. As far as criticism goes I am horribly anti-lichbane rush. My problem with lich bane is simply this. Why not just grab boots in the beginning (so that you might go dps or ap depending on the situation the game takes you.) and get your early game kills. Than pull out 2 blast wands (optional third if doing well) and a mejais. This will dramatically increase your burst damage and is built in less time than lichbane. So lets take it from the top. the 2 blasting wands is equivalent lich bane ap. These can be built in to a Zohnyas which increase the effectiveness of elexir of brilliance. not only that chances are you have atleast 4 stacks of mejais which means your burst damage is well over what you would have from lich bane early. Lichbane however is viable in the late game section when you have a zohnyas and an elixir of brilliance. I am particularly fond of elixir and zohnyas on her late game because it provides her ulti damage with an extra 70-100 damage off the top of my head.

xRoYaLzChiEfx

03-04-2010

nice guide
anyone care to take a look at MY tristana guide?:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=69494

i need some ups and downs on it thanks

zekicforum

03-07-2010

Amazing build,amazing i beat anyone in early game soling except gangplank (his base hp is high and he was very defensive at start)

Apokalupsis

04-16-2010

I hafta say...I absolutely HATED this build. I can't help but think that we lost our round...because of me trying this build. It was horrible. NO damage output at all.

I'm a good player, plenty of games played...plenty wins. AP Trist is absolutely against the norm. I'm all for outside the box type stuff...but this just seemed SO inferior to an AD Trist it wasn't even funny.

I conclude 2 possibilities here...

1) The AP Trist build is trash (obviously, some others hold this position)...or...

2) The AP Trist build is intended to be played by pro-Trist players. This is NOT a build for beginner to intermediate Trist players whatsoever.

That being said...if we matched up the 2 different builds...and had equally skilled players...I think the AD build would win or be more efficient. The AP build (IMHO) could only be effective against a less than skilled team.

I see no reason to NOT go AD Trist considering that she does so extremely well with AD....why "fix" it if it ain't broken?

Try it to goof around, try something different. But understand that it is going to be an extremely tough build to play, one of the toughest of any champs IMO...therefore, I just can't find an actual use for it.

malphismia

04-17-2010

lol are you trying to get people to steer off using this version because its actually good? :P I have never seen anyone THAT opposed to a build lol and general consensus is that some people are actually doing well with it